997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Is there an insurance company that also covers DE's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 10:01 PM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Is there an insurance company that also covers DE's

I have called a whole bunch of Insurance comapnies to see if I can just get DE's covered as part of the policy. SO far none do so I just get the additional HPDE insurance at about 250 for each day. If I do 6 DE's thats an additional 1500 over my regular policy. Would be great if I could find a policy that includes it. Are there any?

Old 03-07-2013, 11:45 PM
wishman is infamous around these parts
As of last year State Farms covered as long as it wasn't a timed event. But they modified their policies this year. :-(

It now states "There is no coverage while a vehicle is on a track designed primarily for racing or high-speed driving. This does not apply if the vehicle is being used in connection with an activity other than racing, high-speed driving, or any type of competitive driving"

Bummer...This has been discussed before and I did a lot of research but found no other providers other than the very costly HPDE specific coverage.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:12 AM
BLKPPR is infamous around these parts
Your quote seems to indicate it is covered.
It now states "There is no coverage while a vehicle is on a track designed primarily for racing or high-speed driving. This does not apply if the vehicle is being used in connection with an activity other than racing, high-speed driving, or any type of competitive driving"
Confused

Old 03-08-2013, 07:34 AM
lowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud oflowpue has much to be proud of
Yeah...I have State Farm....And they provided me the same quote from their policy. I have some friends that have American Family Insurance and say they have mail from their agent that says they cover but when I call they don't....

Thanks for responses.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:16 PM
wishman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BLKPPR
Your quote seems to indicate it is covered.
Confused
No, it's not covered. Definitely a confusing statement, but key is that it doesn't apply if used in activity OTHER than high-speed driving, etc... Since HPDE would be considered High Speed driving, the condition does indeed apply and there is no coverage. :-(

So if there was some sort of leisurely driving event on a track, it would then be covered. Lol.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:48 PM
marlon 997 is infamous around these parts
Maybe this is something for you?

http://hpdeins.locktonaffinity.com/Default.aspx

Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
If the number of people tracking their cars begin to use someone like LA the costs might drop. I figure I'll need to add another $500-$600 per event or see insure like I did the last time I was involved in an incident.

There is a plus side to this. If no one is covered by a street auto policy then that might eliminate or greatly reduce the little issue of subrogation.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:47 PM
sixgun95 is infamous around these parts
What do the acronyms DE & HPDE stand for?

Old 03-08-2013, 09:26 PM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
What do the acronyms DE & HPDE stand for?
Drivers Education and High Performance Drivers Education.