997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Best Product for Cleaning Wheels 2011/991s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Dan-E3 is infamous around these parts
Best Product for Cleaning Wheels 2011/991s

Just picked up 997.2 (S) Wheels are not bad but wondering what's the best product to use in keeping them clean. Also best for quick clean up

Thanks

Old 03-14-2013, 06:34 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
for quick cleaning, try Sonax wheel cleaner

to keep it clean, try ArmorAll wheel protectant

Old 03-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Joeyrod is infamous around these parts
Simple Green!!

Apply it on dry wheels. Let sit. Hose it down.
This helps break up the grime and brake dust residue.

Spray SG again and go to work with your favorite wheel cleaning tool.

Hose it down again and dry with microfiber.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
A lot of people seem to like the P21s. This safe PH controlled, non-acidic cleaner is approved by the worlds for-most wheel manufactures.

This Gel formula is designed to clean even the dirtiest wheels. Spray on cool wheels let stand for up to 2 hours, then use sponge to remove stubborn spots. For more information Click Here

Attached Images  
Old 03-15-2013, 01:37 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
I use P21S, but it still needs a good bit of agitation (i.e. scrubbing). The Sonax product is cool as it does a neat color changing trick, but it smells very strong and very badly of chemicals. It chases my family into the house if they are on the driveway. Frankly its bad enough that I never bought it again. Griots Garage wheel cleaner is about the same as P21S and has a chemical cherry scent, but I have to ship it, so don't buy it often.

Simple Green is corrosive to aluminum, so I have stopped using it completely on my vehicles.

Old 03-15-2013, 01:41 PM
hakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the roughhakaida is a jewel in the rough
I like sonax wheel cleaner as well. Every few months I like using iron x on the wheels and body of the car to get rid of any iron that might be embedded. I also like auto finesse imperial when it's not that filthy.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:38 PM
jacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nice
+1 on Sonax performance, but agree that smell reminds one of an industrial carcinogen. Also, container is not very large / does not go that far.

I went with the Sonax after getting frustrated with P21S.

Where is the silver bullet ?

Old 03-15-2013, 05:59 PM
fastm3 is infamous around these parts
I've tried most of them, but honestly, some well diluted Palmolive dish detergent works as well as anything else. The trick is not letting the wheels get black, since then acid forms and attacks the clear coat and paint on the wheels.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fastm3
I've tried most of them, but honestly, some well diluted Palmolive dish detergent works as well as anything else. The trick is not letting the wheels get black, since then acid forms and attacks the clear coat and paint on the wheels.
I use Dawn with warm water. Simple. Same idea.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Joeyrod
Simple Green!!
Here we go with the Simple Green again. It's corrosive to aluminum and may stain your suspension components and eventually there will be minor pits in the clear coat of the wheel and it may cause damage to the finish.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:40 PM
Harry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud ofHarry Da Hamster has much to be proud of
I would recommend dish soap for each major detail, followed by IronX, then clay bar, and sealed with Blackfire Wet Diamond metal sealant. For regular car washes use car wash detergent. And reseal with BFWD once in a while.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:18 AM
Thank you all for your advice. Think will start wit Sonax.

Old 03-16-2013, 06:58 AM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by fastm3

I agree. Unless you do not wash your wheels frequently and have significant brake dust residue, then Sonex is great. But I do wash my car frequently and do not let my wheels get so black with brake dust so dish detergent has been my way of cleaning wheels and there are no bad residual effects and cost almost nothing to buy.

Last edited by mjsporsche; 03-16-2013 at 07:55 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:14 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Sonax stinks but is great. It's pretty amazing stuff.

Old 03-16-2013, 10:44 AM
Interesting comment because I plan to keep after my wheel so Sonax may not be needed on a routine basis..,

Thanka

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Product for Cleaning Wheels 2011/991s