997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

New 991 GT3 Splitter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 08:22 AM
911CSLover is infamous around these parts911CSLover is infamous around these parts
New 991 GT3 Splitter

Team - by now I'm sure you've seen the sick 991 GT3 in all its glory. For those of us that have 997 aero cars, and deal with the subsequent clearance issues, the 991 GT3 is interest piquing... Take a look at the attached from today's 6Speed Gallery.

The splitter seems to offer more ground clearance and opts for a sharper shape that pushes out horizontally rather than vertically like the present options. I absolutely love the look and would most welcome it on my ride. Does anyone know of a version, or planned version (aftermarket) that might follow suit?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-03-19 at 10.21.01 AM.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	207.1 KB
ID:	222303  
Old 03-19-2013, 09:19 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911CSLover
Team - by now I'm sure you've seen the sick 991 GT3 in all its glory. For those of us that have 997 aero cars, and deal with the subsequent clearance issues, the 991 GT3 is interest piquing... Take a look at the attached from today's 6Speed Gallery.

The splitter seems to offer more ground clearance and opts for a sharper shape that pushes out horizontally rather than vertically like the present options. I absolutely love the look and would most welcome it on my ride. Does anyone know of a version, or planned version (aftermarket) that might follow suit?
Looks good...but don't think it will matter if the ground clearance specs haven't changed appreciably. If in fact the splitter design does offer more ground clearance then the risk will be damage to the more expensive bumper.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:32 PM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
I think the real advantage for the 991 will come from the shorter front overhang. Our 997 aeros are pretty long past the front wheel

Best

Matt

Old 03-20-2013, 06:25 AM
911CSLover is infamous around these parts911CSLover is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
I think the real advantage for the 991 will come from the shorter front overhang. Our 997 aeros are pretty long past the front wheel
This is also very true. I'm just keen on anything to make life easier (and allow me to get up and down my driveway without having to do a K turn to negotiate the apron). I so wish our rides had either air or brake fluid hydraulic systems like other low slung vehicles. I was in a gallardo recently that did a dramatic lift via hydraulics with ease.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:15 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
This is also very true. I'm just keen on anything to make life easier (and allow me to get up and down my driveway without having to do a K turn to negotiate the apron). I so wish our rides had either air or brake fluid hydraulic systems like other low slung vehicles. I was in a gallardo recently that did a dramatic lift via hydraulics with ease.
There's always the Techart and Cargraphic solutions available for lifting your car up.

On the other hand, you can consider the GT Cup lip that is made of flexible PU-RIM material and you can scrape and hit it all day without killing it.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:31 PM
SecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant future
Pretty sure that new 991 GT3 lip is just as low -- the bumper seems to extend further down, so although the lip is thinner at the front the net clearance looks about the same.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by K-E-V
There's always the Techart and Cargraphic solutions available for lifting your car up.

On the other hand, you can consider the GT Cup lip that is made of flexible PU-RIM material and you can scrape and hit it all day without killing it.
I think I'm going to grab the PU-RIM version in the very near future. A while back, there was a thread where a fellow 6Speeder was able to purchase the flexible splitter from Porsche Motorsport. I attempted that but quickly failed when I wasn't a racing team or Porsche dealership. The price quoted to me was $140 each (included shipping) but I'm not seeing anything near that on the open market. Any suggestions out there?

BTW - I attempted to reach out to the OP on the thread I mentioned but never received feedback and am not sure the account is even active anymore.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:09 AM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
I think I'm going to grab the PU-RIM version in the very near future. A while back, there was a thread where a fellow 6Speeder was able to purchase the flexible splitter from Porsche Motorsport. I attempted that but quickly failed when I wasn't a racing team or Porsche dealership. The price quoted to me was $140 each (included shipping) but I'm not seeing anything near that on the open market. Any suggestions out there?

BTW - I attempted to reach out to the OP on the thread I mentioned but never received feedback and am not sure the account is even active anymore.
GMG Racing is probably your best bet. I got my .2 GT cup lip from them.