997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Walmart battery question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 12:37 PM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
Walmart battery question

My oringal P battery crapped out after 6 years. Bought new H7 from wallymart.
there is a drain hole on both sides, are these already open for me to plug my little elbow and drain hose into. If they are open do I plug the other side

Old 03-24-2013, 02:20 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by barncobob
My oringal P battery crapped out after 6 years. Bought new H7 from wallymart.
there is a drain hole on both sides, are these already open for me to plug my little elbow and drain hose into. If they are open do I plug the other side
Yes the holes are open and ready for your vent hose although you would only use the one on the passenger side since that's where the hose is routed. There should already be a plug in one of the holes. If not, look and see if there's an attachment on the positive terminal that has a plug attached to it.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:46 PM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
OMG. I didn't realize how lethargic my battery ha d become. starts one day and not the next.
anyways, no spare plug on new battery so I put some RTV in other side, should be good to go.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:51 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
I just came home from a walmart trip and was looking at the exact battery. I saw the holes for the drain but not sure how the hose attaches as there was no nipple as I m am used to seeing. Can someone explain or show a pic. I have an 09 and was wondering about changing my battery just for precaution. It still cranks fine. What do you think? BTW it was $119.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:09 PM
before I took the old battery in I removed the hose and the 90 angle piece as they don't come with the new battery. I didn't know the other side had a vent hole or I would have checked for plug.
my car went dead in my garage and thankfully it wasn't locked. car started fine yesterday and today nothing.
It was $128 with tax.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by barncobob
OMG. I didn't realize how lethargic my battery ha d become. starts one day and not the next
You were 2 years overdue for a new battery. I'd say the original battery was pretty damn good to last that long. I'm sure your climate helped. Here in south Texas no way.

Old 03-24-2013, 07:21 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Steve997S
You were 2 years overdue for a new battery. I'd say the original battery was pretty damn good to last that long. I'm sure your climate helped. Here in south Texas no way.
I assume you figure 4 years is the battery s life? I usually change ALL my car battery s before they fail. Just did my 2008 Subaru. We have sub zero winters here.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
Mine just failed last month and it's an MY09

Old 03-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Steve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond reputeSteve997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by cerbomark
I assume you figure 4 years is the battery s life? I usually change ALL my car battery s before they fail. Just did my 2008 Subaru. We have sub zero winters here.
Industry consensus of battery life is 2 to 5 years. My experience is failure is imminent after 4 (if it even lasts that long), but I've lived in a lot of hot climates which will shorten battery life. Many variables to consider, but I'd rather replace before it fails. My last 997's battery showed good signs it was weakening right at 4 years and 30K miles. My current 997 is 4 years with 20K miles and not showing those signs, but I expect it very well could summer. Again, I'd praise a battery which lasted 6 years and would want another one just like it.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:22 AM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Steve997S
Industry consensus of battery life is 2 to 5 years. My experience is failure is imminent after 4 (if it even lasts that long), but I've lived in a lot of hot climates which will shorten battery life. Many variables to consider, but I'd rather replace before it fails. My last 997's battery showed good signs it was weakening right at 4 years and 30K miles. My current 997 is 4 years with 20K miles and not showing those signs, but I expect it very well could summer. Again, I'd praise a battery which lasted 6 years and would want another one just like it.
Or sooner. My numbers were almost identical to yours with no signs of problems except the slightest bit of hesitation when cranking on occasion. Then one day, it was dead. Just like that.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:33 AM
kiddoutlaw is infamous around these parts
Hey my battery is crapping out, does anyone have the wallyworld part number?

Old 03-25-2013, 04:59 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kiddoutlaw
Hey my battery is crapping out, does anyone have the wallyworld part number?
http://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart-...ttery/20531542

Old 03-25-2013, 05:52 AM
Maxx H7.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:53 AM
tiyyara is infamous around these parts
My 09 OEM battery passed away in Oct 2012
Good luck getting it covered under warranty.
They have multiple "clauses" to prevent them from paying for it.
If I recall well, it is that you have to drive 25 miles a day and it has to be a rolling average. And then they another 2 things which I thought did not make sense, to the extent that I can not even remember them.
As my car is not a daily driver, I was at the dealer with other car. Explained my situation and was told in 27 different ways how my battery would not be covered.
I should have walked away and gotten a Maxx7, but as I was there I just picked up another one and paid double.
Well, we all learn. In 4 years I will go to WM

Old 03-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Originally Posted by tiyyara
My 09 OEM battery passed away in Oct 2012
Good luck getting it covered under warranty.
They have multiple "clauses" to prevent them from paying for it.
If I recall well, it is that you have to drive 25 miles a day and it has to be a rolling average. And then they another 2 things which I thought did not make sense, to the extent that I can not even remember them.
As my car is not a daily driver, I was at the dealer with other car. Explained my situation and was told in 27 different ways how my battery would not be covered.
I should have walked away and gotten a Maxx7, but as I was there I just picked up another one and paid double.
Well, we all learn. In 4 years I will go to WM
Some dealers are more accomodating than others but for most the easiest response is to deny warranty replacment and point to the warranty book which says you have to average 500 miles/month or 6,000 miles/year.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Walmart battery question