997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Performance add ons

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 AM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
i went with fabspeed mufflers, x-pipe, headers, and k&n intake. i have a sound clip on youtube.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:42 AM
kurtis_h has a spectacular aura aboutkurtis_h has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by killacam
i went with fabspeed mufflers, x-pipe, headers, and k&n intake. i have a sound clip on youtube.
Right on! Could you post the link? Are you satisfied with thwe k&N?

Old 03-30-2013, 04:07 PM
fc2s is infamous around these partsfc2s is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rvc
fc2s....thanks...how did you decide which brand etc of all that you put on it?....the Tubi exhaust reps tell me its the "Italian sound"....uhh....I want a "german sound"....whatever that really means..I get it as far as better breathing and exhaust....have you been able to measure or estimate HP gains? And what about real world driveability with all that? ....sounds like fun ...
I tried a few combinations until I got just the right sound that suited my taste.
The Tubi muffler sound is different from most others as they have more of a high pitch sound at higher RPMs, where as many of the others I've heard are deeper tone. BTW, it still sounds like a Porsche but there is an element of Italian exotic.

No before and after dyno, but as many with similar mods have stated, there is a noticeable difference in the higher rev range. The car really comes alive, pulls hard and... oh.... and sounds great.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:22 AM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kurtis_h
Right on! Could you post the link? Are you satisfied with thwe k&N?
i feel that all intakes are pretty much the same. k&n serves its purpose and its much cheaper than the alternatives.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:56 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
• BMC Filter, Intake, GT3 TB, Plenum
• X51 Headers, 200 Cell X-Pipes, Sport Mufflers (Or Muffler bypass)
• Software tuning (softronics)

That will get you started!

Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Gibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the roughGibbo205 is a jewel in the rough
I'd still like to see a dyno with competition plenum and gt3 throttlrbody if anyone has done one to show improvements if any?

Old 04-03-2013, 07:50 AM
raspritz is infamous around these partsraspritz is infamous around these parts
The Zuffenhausen engineers did quite a good job with the 997, and most of the mods discussed around here are really personal preference, offering relatively little performance bang for the buck. In my opinion (and it is only that), the 'performance' mod that will offer a lot more fun all the time is a short shifter. I bought the B&M (at a deep discount), but if I had to do it again I'd go for the OEM as it is a much easier install.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 PM
To the dude that gave me negative feedback with the comment:
"Italian exotic? Seriously??"

You should take the time to read the entire thread as I was responding to the comments made to the OP by his supplier when he was inquiring about various mufflers.

I shared my first hand experience with the tubi and said " there's an element of Italian exotic" in the sound.
Didn't realize I'd upset you to the extent that you'd have to to give anonymous negative feedback with such a constructive comment.
.... seriously?

Old 04-05-2013, 01:52 PM
rvc
rvc is infamous around these parts
To fc2S....no worries guy....there are always a...h....on any forum very ready to criticize and demean...I appreciate your feedback...

Old 04-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Thanks rvc, glad to hear.
Agree about the ahole cowards.