997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Serpentine Belt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 05:32 PM
soccerTOOLsu is infamous around these parts
Serpentine Belt

Had the belt replaced 7000 miles ago (July 2012) at one dealership. Another dealership is telling me that it looks worn.

I sent pictures to a close family friend.

He told me the following:

"It is definitely glazed. Probably chirps. I don't see any small cracks in the ribs, so it can go a while longer. "

I plan on driving the car to the PCA Porsche Parade this June in Michigan and then over to Canada another week. What should I do if this belt fails prematurely? How long is the part/rework warrantied for?

Old 04-03-2013, 06:15 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Take it back to the dealership that put it on have them check it and report their findings to you. Would also have them tell you what their standard parts warranty is and what they pay for in the event that their warranteed repair fails and causes collateral damage in the process. Not sure how anyone here can answer the question for your dealer. If the first dealer is no longer covenient to use ask the new dealer the same questions and if their answers are satisfactory have them replace the belt. Much cheaper than the issues you'll facing if the belt breaks in the middle of nowhere. In either case I want to know why the belt is wearing prematurely.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:16 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
I doubt a belt with 1yr/7000 miles on it is anywhere close to failing without having any obvious flaws in it like fraying or tearing. But if in doubt, just buy a belt and throw it on. Its' a $60 part and takes about 15 minutes to DIY.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !Johnny DB Is a GOD !
Looks okay to me but replacing it is cheap insurance. I replaced mine in 30 minutes (first time) which included removing the airbox.