997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

CPO Nightmare from Pacific Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 06:09 PM
kchociej is infamous around these partskchociej is infamous around these parts
You've owned the car for 16 months & drove it 6,000 miles...& now you want restitution. Are you high?

So you've never had the car over 65mph since purchase ?

How can you prove you've never hit a pothole or curb?

I think you have no legs to stand on in this matter and it's your fault for driving the car like a baby. If you would drive at least once in a while with some fire under your ***, you could have had this issue resolved & fixed right away instead of almost a year and half later!

Old 04-08-2013, 06:09 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
he said that the problem became apparent when a wheel weight came off...it is possible the wheels were balanced even though bent but there is no way to prove that now...I would ask for this thread to be removed so you don't get sued

Old 04-08-2013, 06:11 PM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Sorry - I do not buy it and you shouldn't be selling it. 16 months a 6K miles and you never felt anything? Sorry.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:05 PM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, I retract my comments. I was thinking this was a recent purchase. You might want to stop bad mouthing the dealer too.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:07 PM
MidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the roughMidnightBlue is a jewel in the rough
There is also a very real possibility that the damage was done and "repaired" by the prior owner and that the dealer was unaware of the problem. (If you didn't notice it in 6K miles of driving I would bet they wouldn't find it in their check of the car when it was sold to them...)

Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
If the car felt fine for so long with the wheel weights on, find a different tire installer to put back the missing weights! The shop which diagnosed the defect could be wrong! You don't have a leg to stand on with the dealer.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:06 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
16 months and 6k miles.

Case Dismissed!
Because you don't drive it enough.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:46 PM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
The PO could have had an accident and gotten it fixed before trading the car in. The dealer may have not have known about the wheel damage.

I'd check the car with a paint meter.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:53 PM
socalbd has a spectacular aura aboutsocalbd has a spectacular aura about
Same problem here, lower miles. Discovered it when the servicing dealer (not the one we bought from under original warranty) noted bad wheel bearings, rear right, at 22K miles. Said it was crazy low miles for that to happen. I'd have never known, because they're loud as hell and vibrate compared other cars I'd owned. Loud, fun and revvy. Never knew the difference. Check your bearings after your bent wheel.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:59 PM
911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice
Originally Posted by cairo94507
Sorry - I do not buy it and you shouldn't be selling it. 16 months a 6K miles and you never felt anything? Sorry.
The wheel weight came off somehow. Then I noticed it. I never
drive over 65mph. Come on. I also stated that the wheels haven't been on the car the whole time. Another set was also used. So what if some time has passed. Thats what happened. You guys didn't read everything.

Thanks for any positive input everyone.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:12 AM
Beer brewer is infamous around these parts
No need to get angry at the OP - he's frustrated and upset over his car's broken wheels and I'm sure we all relate to that! However, 911F1, as much as the collective here "feels your pain" as it were, the consensus is that there is no customer service failure here on the part of the dealer. There is simply no way any dealer, of any brand, anywhere, would view this circumstance as one in which a warranty claim woud be called for. Unless, if course, the policy specifically covered wheel damage (many dealers now offer such coverage when closing the fnancials on a new or CPO car). Lacking that specific provision, I'm afraid you should let this one go. I'd also ask the moderator to delete this thread as there really is no cause for complaint against the dealer.

Best,

Pete

Last edited by Beer brewer; 04-09-2013 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Spelling - damn Ipad!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:47 AM
phily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura about
OH also, I have one bent wheel on my 3 piece forged wheels. One wheel shop said no way it can be fixed, another said it could and another said he would try. I have no idea who to believe but it is worth getting some other opinions. It might be repairable but it also might not be perfect... To replace the barrel would cost me about $900 so its worth paying a $100 or so to try to get it repaired...

Just a thought..

Good luck!

Old 04-09-2013, 07:26 AM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Beer brewer
No need to get angry at the OP - he's frustrated and upset over his car's broken wheels and I'm sure we all relate that! However, 911F1, as much as the collective here "feels your pain" as it were, the consensus is that there is no customer service failure here on the part of the dealer. There is simply no way any dealer, of any brand, anywhere, would view this circumstance as one in which a warranty claim woud be called for. Unless, if course, the policy specifically covered wheel damage (many dealers now offer such coverage when closing the fnancials on a new or CPO car). Lacking that specific provision, I'm afraid you should let this one go. I'd also ask the moderator to delete this thread as there really is no cause for complaint against the dealer.

Best,

Pete
+1. Too much time has elapsed from purchase to complaint. We don't know the dealers side of the conversation on how to remedy the issue...as you know there is always 2 sides to a story. The dealer has no defense here and I certainly don't blame them for telling you to pound sand. How was your approach to the dealer....how did you interact with them when bringing the issue to them. We're you very upset talking to them? Did you show some respect while talking?

The little things can make or brake the deal. Could of replaced the bad rim....maybe at a discount to help you out....you blew that opportunity.

I recently had my PCar washed and asked for a HAND wash...they ran it through the machine and scrapped two rims. I was upset hell ya.....stated my case and asked for the manager...he came out...we talked calmly and respectfully....they paid to fix the rim no questions. Now it was their fault, but still talking nicely and not pointing fingers, despite how obvious it may be, will get you places.

You should go back to the dealer and try and work it out for a replacement at a discount. That should have been your first approach.

Good luck

Old 04-09-2013, 07:38 AM
2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 911F1
The wheel weight came off somehow. Then I noticed it. I never
drive over 65mph. Come on. I also stated that the wheels haven't been on the car the whole time. Another set was also used. So what if some time has passed. Thats what happened. You guys didn't read everything.

Thanks for any positive input everyone.
There is no possible way for you to prove to the dealer you didn't drive the 6,000 miles on your bent rims. I agree that it's very possible that the wheels were repaired by the previous owner. I would stop pursuing this and purchase some new wheels from wheelenhancement.com. Sorry for your problem, but you can hardly fault the dealer after that time period.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:51 AM
MSCHWA3439 is infamous around these parts
You are NUTS!!! With that kind of time and miles since ownership, you owe the dealership a big apology for bad mouthing them. U shud be ashamed of yourself. !!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CPO Nightmare from Pacific Porsche