997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

CPO Nightmare from Pacific Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 08:03 AM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
The REAL question is: why do you need a Porsche if you only drive over 65 mph once every 18 months???

Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 AM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
subscribe for lols,

Old 04-09-2013, 10:14 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
I have a strong feeling the OP regrets starting this thread. Is he doesn't he should.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:34 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ynot
subscribe for lols,
Likewise

Keep driving those other wheels with those Hankooks

You can replace the stock rims for about $500 used. Live and learn. I would also check the wheels with another shop. Half the repair shops are also full of bologna trying to sell you new wheels.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:31 PM
911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice
Originally Posted by AP 997S
I have a strong feeling the OP regrets starting this thread. Is he doesn't he should.
I dont regret anything. Why should I. If this happened to any of you, you would be pissed off. I did try and talk to the dealer nicely. Look, this is what happened and I'm telling everyone to watch out. Things aren't always what they seem. They did a cosmetic repair that should have been a replacement of my rims. The dealer even admitted to doing the cosmetic repair. So they knew of the damage. This is a safety issue. The CPO inspection should have caught this.
I could of had an accident if the wheel gave way. It took me a while to figure it out, why because they did a good job covering it up. I also had someone look at the paint this morning. They spot sprayed my fornt bumper. This tells me the car had some type of accident to the front end. None of this showed up on carfax. Maybe everyone thinks its ok for the dealer to do all of this but to me its not right. Whenever I sell a car to someone I tell them everything up front so it doesn't bite me later on. Karma is a *****. Now Pacific is paying for it by people like me telling this story. I'm calling Pacific Porsche out. Let this be a lesson to everyone not to trust a CPO vehicle. Get it checked out. Especially at the high retail price they charge for them.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:34 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911F1
I dont regret anything. Why should I. If this happened to any of you, you would be pissed off. I did try and talk to the dealer nicely. Look, this is what happened and I'm telling everyone to watch out. Things aren't always what they seem. They did a cosmetic repair that should have been a replacement of my rims. The dealer even admitted to doing the cosmetic repair. So they knew of the damage. This is a safety issue. The CPO inspection should have caught this.
I could of had an accident if the wheel gave way. It took me a while to figure it out, why because they did a good job covering it up. I also had someone look at the paint this morning. They spot sprayed my fornt bumper. This tells me the car had some type of accident to the front end. None of this showed up on carfax. Maybe everyone thinks its ok for the dealer to do all of this but to me its not right. Whenever I sell a car to someone I tell them everything up front so it doesn't bite me later on. Karma is a *****. Now Pacific is paying for it by people like me telling this story. I'm calling Pacific Porsche out. Let this be a lesson to everyone not to trust a CPO vehicle. Get it checked out. Especially at the high retail price they charge for them.
All very true...but the due diligence occurs at purchase, not 16 months later. Probbly why you're getting so much push back.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:36 PM
911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice
Originally Posted by black penguin
The REAL question is: why do you need a Porsche if you only drive over 65 mph once every 18 months???
Again the wheel weight fell off and this is how I noticed the wheel wobble problem. At 65mph you start to notice the wobble. So up until a month ago over 65mph is was ok. Please read before commenting.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:39 PM
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
All very true...but the due diligence occurs at purchase, not 16 months later. Probbly why you're getting so much push back.
Still doesn't justify them doing what they did.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:56 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
If the dealer is willing to sell you a new set of wheels at their cost, I'd go that route and get it behind you.

This could have been damage they didn't fix but the owner fixed before they ever did the CPO process. The CPO process may not be thorough enough to catch such a thing. I doubt they would take the wheels off and xray them, so if the wheels look good and roll smoothly when they CPO the car they call it good.

From their perspective they could have sold you a car that looked just fine and ran smooth when they transferred it to you, and 16 months later you come back saying the wheels were bad at the get go. I understand you know what you did with the car, but they don't know what you did with the car.. just your word on it.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:46 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Don't just assume it's CPO and it's all good. Did you get a PPI and DME, I assume not because a PPI would had noticed these things. I noticed this a lot around here, it's not necessary to get PPI b/c it's CPO.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:53 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Still doesn't justify them doing what they did.
I never said it was justification - problem is you don't know "what thy did", you only know what you did and you can only guess what happened 16 months ago.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:17 PM
ksozay is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Minok
If the dealer is willing to sell you a new set of wheels at their cost, I'd go that route and get it behind you.

This could have been damage they didn't fix but the owner fixed before they ever did the CPO process. The CPO process may not be thorough enough to catch such a thing. I doubt they would take the wheels off and xray them, so if the wheels look good and roll smoothly when they CPO the car they call it good.

From their perspective they could have sold you a car that looked just fine and ran smooth when they transferred it to you, and 16 months later you come back saying the wheels were bad at the get go. I understand you know what you did with the car, but they don't know what you did with the car.. just your word on it.

+1

The real issue is that there really isn't much we can do here to help other than empathize with your situation. No amount of "should have done this at purchase" is going to make you feel better and I can appreciate that. I can also appreciate being angry with the dealer for apparently not disclosing any work done on their behalf to the car before you purchased it. I would be upset as well, 16 hours, 16 months, 16 years after the fact given you had a reasonable expectation they do so. In the future, I would expect you to be one of the folks on here "pro-PPI" for any purchases in the future.

At the end of the day, working with the dealer to resolve the issue (e.g. purchase another set of wheels at their cost) may ease some of your frustration and help repair your relationship with the dealer. In any event, sorry to hear about what happened and best of luck resolving. I've had to learn the "hard way" more than a few times in my life.

Take care,

KS

Old 04-09-2013, 04:19 PM
phily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Ynot
subscribe for lols,
haha, i have been checking this thread all day!

Old 04-09-2013, 04:32 PM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Just because they spot-sprayed the front bumper does not mean the car was wrecked or in an accident. A lot of dealers realize the front bumpers get rock chipped and have them sprayed to clean them up. I would not appreciate a spot-spray job as they surely do it on the car and it probably looks as good as what they paid for it - $200 I would imagine.

If the car came CPO'd and the dealership acknowledged they had the rim repaired cosmetically, find out who did the repair and talk to them to see if by chance they recall the damage they repaired/covered up. If there is a picture or something, one that shows damage sufficient enough to require a wheel replacement, that should solve your wheel dilemma via the CPO coverage.

I suspect the damage they repaired was curbing and you re going to be out of luck.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:47 PM
pvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nicepvanosta is just really nice
I'm going back to the post that said 'Why did you buy a Porsche if you never drive over 65mph?'

A-MEN to that!

If you're going to to be a 'legal speed limit' adherent, there is zero reason to buy a car like a 911. Get a Camry, a Prius or a Volvo.

In support of the above statement: if you had at least driven the car the way it was designed to be, some of the time, you might have discovered the rim issue sooner...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CPO Nightmare from Pacific Porsche