997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

CPO Nightmare from Pacific Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 04:58 PM
911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice
CPO Nightmare from Pacific Porsche

Hello everyone. Unfortunately my first post on this forum is a complaint about the dealer where my car is from. My 2006 Carrera S has the 19" Sport Design wheels. When I was on the freeway about a month ago I started to feel the steering wheel shaking back and forth when I started travelling over 65mph. (I also want to say my car has never hit any pot hole or curb. EVER!)
I took off the front wheels and took them down to my local tirepro shop to get balanced. To my amazement they notified me that both front wheels are bent. They started shaking so bad because one of them had lost a balance weight somehow.
I then took them to a very reputable rim repair shop. Tru-wheel in Van nuys.
The owner is a very nice and honest guy. He notified me that the rims are not repairable because the center of the wheel is tweaked at the hub area. He showed me that the lips of the rims had major repair due to what is probably hitting the curb before I owned the car. I understand this is a usual thing for dealers to repair. A cosmetic repair. But my wheels go beyond this. Its a structural issue. The dealer did not look beyond this. They did a quick cosmetic fix and sent the car on its way. Pacific Porsche did me wrong. I contacted Pacific Porsche and to make a long story short. Neither the GM or Sales mgr is going to do anything besides sell me new wheels. I then contacted Porsche of North America and they wouldn't do anything and said it was a dealer issue. So unfortunately this is my first post on my first P car. Do not trust a CPO car from a dealer. Get it checked out. I also definitely do not recommend buying a CPO car from Pacific Porsche. Buyers beware. I hope to contribute more exciting posts in the future. Thanks forum members of this site.
Thanks for reading.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:05 PM
Super Adjuster has a spectacular aura aboutSuper Adjuster has a spectacular aura about
Lawyer up. They sold you a car with a bum wheel. The CPO inspection should have revealed this and they were not thorough.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:09 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
you shouldn't have expected anything from a dealer that sold you the car that way to begin with...too bad you didn't drive 65 when you test drove the car...you did test drive it didn't you?...available remedies?...better business bureau, California Consumer Affairs:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom...ealers_ca.html

or ....

The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) licenses and regulates new and used motor vehicle dealers. If you would like to report fraud by a motor vehicle dealer, contact the Department of Motor Vehicles, Division of Investigations, for assistance. DMV Record of Complaint Form, pdf.

good luck...there is always small claims court as well but whatever you do get everthing documented NOW by the shop that first inspected the wheels and by Tru-Wheel...

Old 04-08-2013, 05:09 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
When did you purchase the car and how many miles have you put on it?

Last edited by AP 997S; 04-08-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:14 PM
911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Super Adjuster
Lawyer up. They sold you a car with a bum wheel. The CPO inspection should have revealed this and they were not thorough.
To lawyer up would cost more than the wheels. I do think a small claim
court case might be the perfect way to go about things.
Thanks for the advice guys.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:28 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light
Documentation is on the side of the dealer. I think you'll be wasting your time on a court claim. How many miles did it take you to notice the problem?

Old 04-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by AP 997S
When do you purchase the car and how many miles have you put on it?
The car was purchased 16 months ago. Still inside CPO warranty. But in my defense its only driven
on weekends. Only put 6000 miles on it so far. Odometer is at 32k. It also had another set of Porsche Carrera S wheels on it most of the time with Hankook RS3's for fun driving

Old 04-08-2013, 05:35 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 911F1
The car was purchased 16 months ago. Still inside CPO warranty. But in my defense its only driven
on weekends. Only put 6000 miles on it so far. Odometer is at 32k. It also had another set of Porsche Carrera S wheels on it most of the time with Hankook RS3's for fun driving
16 months and 6k miles...

Old 04-08-2013, 05:45 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
time is not on your side...with that much time and that many miles you should chalk it up to a learning experience. There is no way for you to prove that the damage was present when you bought the car. I don't think you should be going around blasting the dealer on internet forums either or they will have an extremely good case of libel against you

Old 04-08-2013, 05:46 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 911F1

16 months & 6K miles of ownership and you claim the wheels were bad from the get-go. I don't think you have a case against Pacific Porsche. Don't waste your time or theirs.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:46 PM
aggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud ofaggk has much to be proud of
How exactly do you plan to prove that the wheels weren't damaged during your 6000 miles of driving?

Old 04-08-2013, 05:57 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
sorry to hear about ur problems. Glad no one was hurt.

i also bought my car CPO from Pacific Porsche over 2 years ago.

The GM Carl was easy to deal with. He fixed little dings and replaced the tires to 4 new Pirellis on a already immaculate car. Of-course, this was all before i signed the papers. BTW got an excellent deal, too.

2 weeks later, i busted a t-shaped valve under the car while driving (coolant related). I had the Porsche tow the car to Pacific and they fixed it with no issues. No further problems so far (knock on wood).

OP please don't think i am taking the dealer side..

but why didn't u take the car back to the dealer soon as the problem became apparent ? obviously, this problem was not noticeable when u first test drove it or even during ur ownership (how long did u have it btw ?) i think if the dealer discovered the problem on their own, they would be more willing to take responsibility.

don't assume that the dealership knew of this problem and they purposely attempted to hide it. IMO, I don't think they will risk the liability associated with structurally damaged wheels. Its possible, it was an over-sight by the mechanic. (still, i suppose the dealerships are capable of anything..)

do u have the picture of the damaged part of the wheels with previous owner's attempt to fix ? if u have such a proof, the dealer should take responsibility (sooner or later) since it wouldn't fit the CPO criteria.

however, if the wheel only shows crack or fracture, u might have a difficult time convincing the dealership that it wasn't ur doing (i.e. u driving over a pothole while the car was in ur possession, thus damaging the wheels)

it must be frustrating to deal with such a problem after a big purchase.. but try to remain calm and try to work it out with the dealer again.

EDIT: just saw u had the car for 16 months... i am not surprised the dealership was nonchalant..

Last edited by crazycarlitos; 04-08-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:57 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gasongasoff
16 months and 6k miles...
...and never drove over 65 mph - traffic really is bad in LA

Old 04-08-2013, 06:05 PM
phily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura about
Sorry to hear about your wheels but the fact that you are bringing this up after 16 months of ownership is odd.

You don't ever take your car our for a joy ride? I don't see a case here.

I always test drive the hell out of my cars and even drive them as much as I can immediately after I've bought them just for this specific reason.

Good thing there is a lot of good deals on used wheels out there.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:09 PM
phily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura aboutphily911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
time is not on your side...with that much time and that many miles you should chalk it up to a learning experience. There is no way for you to prove that the damage was present when you bought the car. I don't think you should be going around blasting the dealer on internet forums either or they will have an extremely good case of libel against you
+1 on this. I don't blame the dealer for not helping you out here either.

You have a 2nd set of wheels? Are the rears in good shape? You could prob sell them too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CPO Nightmare from Pacific Porsche