997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

NEED INPUT...Buying 997S...advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 12:16 AM
Sharkys is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by viger_gunshow
Well I posted one in the album. And until the car gets loaded in Atlanta tomorrow and driven to Michigan kinda hard to do so. But once I get back from Leguna Seca this weekend I will unload drive and take a whole host of pictures. And post.
Congrats! And make sure you put some MILES on her. I have close to 70K miles on my 05 C2S Launch Edition #450 +/-. It is 100% original with exception of a Gundo mod by DFister in N. Cal. I did replace the water pump due to what appeared to be dry seepage/residue - it wasn't leaking at the time.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:50 AM
viger_gunshow is infamous around these parts
The gundo mod? Is that the exhaust x-pipe that replaces the middle exhaust system, correct? No issues with the IMS (haha). Man that had me so worried but going to put in LN bearing at clutch replacement around 40k miles just for piece of mind.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:12 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Buy the newest you can afford, unless you WANT an older 911, IE. 993, 964.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 PM
Well car was loaded this afternoon. Set to roll into Michigan Wednesday after I return from Laguna Seca / testing Monday and Tuesday. Already losing sleep! Going to sleep in the garage like the Snapper commercial. Haha

Old 05-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Well car was loaded this afternoon. Set to roll into Michigan Wednesday after I return from Laguna Seca / testing Monday and Tuesday. Already losing sleep! Going to sleep in the garage like the Snapper commercial. Haha
The anticpation of getting a new-to-you-car, new or used, never goes away for an enthusiast. I can remember the excitement of getting every car I ever owned and the fun I had detailing it for the first time. I can also remember how excited I was to get rid of some of them.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:34 PM
NikosF is infamous around these parts
Congratulations Bryan,

Hope you enjoy the new ride!

Old 05-12-2013, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by NikosF
Congratulations Bryan,

Hope you enjoy the new ride!
Me too. Was a hard choice! Thank you for all the advice and keep in touch. Have to hook up this summer.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:27 PM
ksozay is infamous around these parts
Me too. Was a hard choice! Thank you for all the advice and keep in touch. Have to hook up this summer.
Congratulations! You will love the car. Welcome to the family!

Old 05-12-2013, 09:41 PM
kchociej is infamous around these partskchociej is infamous around these parts
I think everyone makes this car buying thing to be almost like brain surgery. Last 2 vehicles I purchased (996 & current 2007 vette ....soon to be back in a 911) were painless ordeals. Get your PPI, check carfax & auto check, then test drive. These things are all "make you feel good" checks.

Best thing in my opinion, even more important than that history checks, is the current owner of the vehicle and the feeling they give you...this should be picked up within 60 seconds of talking to someone. Do they explain everything thoroughly about the car or do they give you quick 2-3 word answers? Do they disclose any imperfections, wear & tear items up front without you even asking about them? Are they willing to offer all service records or other documentation willingly without excuses?

With my last 2 vehicles within a minute I could tell the sellers were meticulous and very **** about their cars. They took time with me to go around the car, show off how they maintained the engine, interior and paint, took time to specify exactly how often they changed the oil and what type ... all these things add up to someone who cared for their car, so therefore you're getting a vehicle that was taken care of. These intangibles account for way more than a checklist you get on paper.

During my searches I talked to people on the phone and asked basic questions that they couldn't answer without a long pause or a long winded explanation...automatic "thanks for your time, have a good night" response from me.

But nonetheless there is no perfect system so have some money set aside for repairs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.