997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Whats wrong with Falken Tires ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 08:59 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
What is extremely quick?

Old 04-26-2013, 10:06 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
Maybe 10,000 miles.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:05 AM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ
Maybe 10,000 miles.
I'd be thrilled with 10K on a set of rears. Bridgestones or Michelins (never tried Falkens), I can push it to 9K but then I see rust on the garage floor after parking with wet tires. Very consistent between two 997's with a combined 70K miles.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:52 PM
Sev
Sev is infamous around these partsSev is infamous around these parts
Hey guys, how's it holding up? Thinking of going to a set of Fk453s on a 09 C4S cab.

thx
Sev

Old 07-02-2013, 03:07 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
5k miles, they look good and feel strong on the road.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Drove for 3 hours in the pouring rain on mountain roads, handled Awesome. Also went on the Track over the weekend at Watkins Glen, raining, about 100mph on the front stretch. Falkens did great, very impressed!!

Old 07-07-2013, 07:03 AM
Sev
Sev is infamous around these partsSev is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by eldertec
Drove for 3 hours in the pouring rain on mountain roads, handled Awesome. Also went on the Track over the weekend at Watkins Glen, raining, about 100mph on the front stretch. Falkens did great, very impressed!!
thx for the info. Any tramlining or bump steer or instability? I have the Bridgestones on, my rears are almost new, my fronts have about 40% treadlife but they are starting to tramline a lot... Thinking of swapping all four with a completely different tire.

thx
sev

Old 07-07-2013, 10:06 AM
Have not noticed any tram lining.

Old 11-22-2013, 06:50 PM
8k miles on the Falkens now.
Fronts look 75% left.
Rears look 40%left.
Still handle great.
Putting on Nokian winter tires today.
Falkens will be back on in the spring.

Old 02-02-2016, 05:03 AM
davidjasonello is infamous around these parts
Hello MikeGts,
I am using Falken Pro G4 A/S on my Audi A3.

The Falken Pro G4 A/S is the latest addition to their high performance all-season tire lineup. Falken uses their exclusive Dynamic Range Technology in the tread makeup of the G4 AS that adds a high-silica content tread compound along with an asymmetric tread pattern for added traction on dry and wet road surfaces.The compound is designed to stay pliable in colder conditions for better handling on snow and ice, yet remain strong when road surface temperatures heat up for enhanced dry handling and improved treadwear. I had seen falken tires reviews before purchasing these tiers.After all we have to pay lots on money on them.Handling and cornering grip is going to satisfy the needs of most drivers and is very responsive, which is an area that has received a lot of positive reviews from other drivers.Falken had done a good job by inventing Pro G4 A/S falken tire. I think it is providing me my money’s worth.
Thank you

Old 02-02-2016, 05:52 PM
JCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really nice
When talking about the Falken tire and their wear rates, I think the exact model should be taken into consideration, just as the PS or PS2's are being specifically mentioned. Yes, some of the Falkens have wore quickly, but what was the tread wear rating to begin with? Maybe specific models were a more "grippier" tire. But as we know, traction and softer compounds used for performance often comes at the expense of the wear rates.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:07 PM
barbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura aboutbarbancourt has a spectacular aura about
Had Falkens on my DD Lexus sedan at one point. Best set of tires I've had on the car in 6 years of ownership. In fact, every tire I've had on there since then have been a disappointment in comparison.

They were probably the cheapest, cost-wise too.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:24 PM
JCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really nice
Falken Motorsports have raced Porsches in the Tudor and Le Mans series, so I would think that they've put a good amount of research into their tire's performance. I don't think they should be passed off as another cheap inferior brand.

Old 02-02-2016, 06:58 PM
dmz
dmz is infamous around these parts
My experience with Falken has been less than stellar. They are great when they are new. After after they are half worn, they loose grip significantly and get very loud. It made me wish that they worn out sooner so I can get some better tires.

Old 02-02-2016, 08:06 PM
Porscheguy911 has a spectacular aura aboutPorscheguy911 has a spectacular aura about
Lots!!!! Falken tires are a very cheaply made tire. They are a ok tire for a daily driver if you are not wanting to spend a lot but never use them on a 911 unless you driving style is very timid. I put some 453s on my 09 BMW 328xi and they were awful. Grip was fair and tread wear is fast. Worst thing about the Falkens are how soft the side wall is and how terrible high-speed stability was. I would not recommend this for anyone who drives very spirited. Also as the Falkens wear the grip gets worse and worse. Terrible in the wet as well. I have have been using N3 rated Conti 3 for past 4 years but next set of tires will be the Michelin pilot super sports. They seem to give you incredible grip, great tread wear and slightly less expensive than the PS2.