997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Whats wrong with Falken Tires ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 08:41 PM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
Whats wrong with Falken Tires ?

I see that they always advertise with a 911 of some variance, but has anyone tried their tire's ??

Old 04-17-2013, 09:08 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
I just put on the Azenis FK453's.

2011 4S, have about 500 miles on them.
Love them, quiet and excellent ride and grip!

Old 04-17-2013, 09:12 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eldertec
I just put on the Azenis FK453's.

2011 4S, have about 500 miles on them.
Love them, quiet and excellent ride and grip!
I just put a set on my as well and I love them. They're very quiet and the grip is excellent.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:40 PM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
Are you guys coming from Michelins? I love my Michelins (when they are dry). I didn't care for Pirellis P-Zeros. So I'm curious about the Falkens relative to Michelins.

Old 04-18-2013, 02:27 AM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Yes, OEM Michelins.

Have not drivin in rain yet.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:13 AM
DoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond reputeDoninDEN has a reputation beyond repute
How would you compare them to the Michelin's pros and cons?

Old 04-18-2013, 03:52 PM
MIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud ofMIkeGTS has much to be proud of
How are they vs mich and what about cost diff, are they a soft tire??

Old 04-18-2013, 06:00 PM
amge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond repute
Had a set of Falkens a while back (sorry, don't remember the specific series). They were soft, quiet, but worn out very quickly. So I went back to Michelins. I seem to remember them being less expensive at the time, but when you factor in the quick wear, it was more expensive to own per mile.

Old 04-18-2013, 06:40 PM
blazinginder is infamous around these parts
Everything I've read has lead me to believe the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the best tires for our cars. I'm switching from my bridgestones as soon as they're worn out

Old 04-18-2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the input, I have 7,000 miles on factory Bridgestone's also and cant wait to Hit 10,000 miles to get rid of them and go to the Mich. I was just in for service and the tread was a 8 and a 10,which is good, but the car is a 2011, so the tires are over 3 years old. I'll go to 10,000 miles and then get new Mich- Thanks for the insight on the Falken's. Don't want a blow out at 190MPH!!!

Old 04-19-2013, 08:35 AM
I always like the Michelin PIlot Sports on my 07S and they came with my 2011 4S. They have 12k miles on them and look like they could go another 12k.
Bought new Wheels and decided to try another tire. When I saw the price, $125 less per tire AND they were made in Japan, not China or Korea. Falken, they are involved in racing, have seen these tires on at tracks. they have some great ad's and marketing. I will be the Judge.
Have 800 miles on them so far, I put 10k miles on my ride in the last 5 months. So I will find out tread life real quick. and goin to the track.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Please report back!

One of the things I did not care about the Pirelli's was the tire dust on the back of the car. I am assuming that the reason I don't get nearly as much with the Michellin's is the Pirelli's are a softer compound, better grip but less life and more tire dust. How does the tire dust compare to the Michelin's?

I know your car is black, it might not show as much as on red, white, blue or yellow.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:56 AM
Funny you ask, I always notice the dust with the Michelins.... With the Falkens U have to say it has been cut by 50%....BUT... These first few hundred miles I have not gotten on it that much,...to...so called Break them in. I will report back after this weekend, gonna give them a good thrashing. Also I have the tire pressures down on these from the Michelins.

Old 04-19-2013, 05:13 PM
Out in the rain today, rainin like shell.

70+....and on some back roads.
Lookin great, love the grip!

Old 04-20-2013, 05:27 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
Liked them on my youngest sons Ford Cobra, Soft tire,great handling,low on road noise but wore out extremely quick!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with Falken Tires ?