997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

All new sound and navigation in 2007 Carrera Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 01:20 PM
evhudsons is infamous around these partsevhudsons is infamous around these parts
All new sound and navigation in 2007 Carrera Coupe

I'm finally getting around to putting in a new system. A valet in South Beach had some kind of solvent on his hands when he thought I had a touch screen system. He tried to use water to get it off and wound up ruining the screen. I will never valet my Porsche again.

I am putting in a new double din navigation stereo unit, Focal speakers, JL amp, JL processor, and a new subwoofer box.

So far I just put in the Focal tweeters and already the stereo has come to life by that one change alone! I'm excited to hear it when I'm done. Due to time restraints I will be doing this in small increments and post as I go along. I've done research so I know this will not be an easy task. A Miami installer quoted "At least" $2,000 and more to install my gear. Ouch.
I have found other threads with install pictures but they were for other model Porsches, so hopefully this thread will help others.

If anyone notices me doing something wrong feel free to critique, as I am not a professional installer, I've just done basic car stereos in older cars.

So for starters, the tweeters!

Old 04-26-2013, 01:54 PM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
does your car have bose?

Old 04-26-2013, 02:03 PM
evhudsons is infamous around these partsevhudsons is infamous around these parts
yes, unfortunately I have the awful "upgraded" Bose system with the MOST fiberoptic system, so the entire thing must be pulled out. I did the tweeters first because I was afraid I would have to build pods for them, and I didn't want to do the hardest part last. Luckily it was simple. Now this weekend I will tackle putting in the double din and wiring, hopefully the amps too. Then at some point the rest of the focal speakers, and the subwoofer last.
[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:05 PM
easy to pop out, carefully

[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:06 PM
stock tweeters clipped in

[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:07 PM
unclip and pull tweeter out[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:11 PM
There's no going back now! I had to clip off the clips and plastic to make room for the larger tweeter. I did this slowly to get just enough room for the new tweeter. They both fit nice and tight, and flush with the dash. I just clipped the stock wires, rewired and heatshrink wrapped the connection. [IMG][/IMG]

[IMG]
[/IMG]

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:12 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:13 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:14 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:15 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:15 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:16 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:17 PM
[IMG][/IMG]

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2013, 02:24 PM
It did involve some permanent trimming, but it's hidden, for the most part reversible, fairly easy (about 1/2 hour) and looks stock. I used needle nosed pliers to clip away at the plastic, which snapped off really really easily.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: All new sound and navigation in 2007 Carrera Coupe