997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

GP Automotive Renewal Service: Phase3/Nano/Clear Film R+R - Holi82's 997.2 GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up GP Automotive Renewal Service: Phase3/Nano/Clear Film R+R - Holli82's 997.2 GTS

The focus of this thread is to shed some more light into our Clear Film Protection installation. As most of you that are familiar with us at GP, we pretty much do thing in a manner that respects and appreciates the cars we work on. In short, it's all about the car and what she needs. This 997.2 GTS came to us from a client in Las Vegas and he wasn't happy with the previous install. We simply did one of our Phase 3 service, applied a nano coating to exterior, and protected the hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, mirrors, and rear stone guards with XPEL Ultimate. So sit back, have a drink, and enjoy. We had a lot of fun working on this GTS, I hope you enjoy seeing the progress and completion.

Initial Condition

Old film being removed. Notice so far how yellow the film has gotten

Engine compartment cleaned then dried

Notice the paint once the old clear film was removed. One very unique aspect of ALL our clear film installs is we correct the paint and remove any imperfections such as swirls and scratches. Even though it's something you'll never notice under the film, it's something we know exists, and that's simply not acceptable to our standards

After a proper wash, we decontaminate all paint and glass surfaces

When we were disassembling the car to prep for polishing, one rather alarming discovery was this headlight was not properly re-installed. It simply pulled right up. If this headlight were to come off while driving, well, let's just say you'll have a very expensive and bad day

Attached Images                                     

Last edited by MoeMistry; 05-17-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute

Post inspection checkup. We test to make sure all lights are in working order

Attached Images                              
Old 05-18-2013, 03:22 PM
911Stud is infamous around these parts
That's a sexy beast!

Old 05-18-2013, 05:06 PM
jsimon77 is infamous around these parts
As usual...only the best from Moe.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:34 PM
Holli82 is infamous around these parts
If you have a detailer or protective film installer that you are pleased with, skip the rest of this message. If not, please read on.

I am not affiliated in any way with GP Automotive Renewal Service and this was my first encounter with Moe and his team. I traveled from Vegas to southern California based upon the reviews here and on Rennlist. I can state without any reservations that the detailing and installation of my protective film exceeded my expectations. I feel that Moe treated my car like it was his own. Although this was my first trip to Moe, it won't be my last. I strongly recommend anyone looking for a detailer or protective film installer to consider Moe.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:15 PM
BobDyl is infamous around these parts
Beautiful work. Thanks for the pics.

Old 05-20-2013, 06:52 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by jsimon77
As usual...only the best from Moe.
Thanks Jason. It's always a pleasure seeing you and your 997 S Cab. How's she holding up? I'll send you those wash mitts today.

Originally Posted by Holli82
If you have a detailer or protective film installer that you are pleased with, skip the rest of this message. If not, please read on.

I am not affiliated in any way with GP Automotive Renewal Service and this was my first encounter with Moe and his team. I traveled from Vegas to southern California based upon the reviews here and on Rennlist. I can state without any reservations that the detailing and installation of my protective film exceeded my expectations. I feel that Moe treated my car like it was his own. Although this was my first trip to Moe, it won't be my last. I strongly recommend anyone looking for a detailer or protective film installer to consider Moe.
What a compliment We really enjoyed working on this project. To transform something that just doesn't match a client's expectations and desire, into something that makes him/her enjoy the whole ownership experience, well, that's just one of the many reason I built GP. Appreciate the opportunity and it was an absolute pleasure working with you Sir. Thanks for allowing us to do what we do best.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:35 AM
DJSArcade is infamous around these parts
Thanks for this post, really cool to see!!

For the Dallas area, I would like to recommend Stratashield Customs. They work out of the RAC Performance shop in Carrollton.

The work they do is outstanding - you will see them working on all manner of high end cars.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:55 AM
jsimon77 is infamous around these parts
Hey Moe,

She is holding up well. Here are a few pics for the rest of the board to see your work on her.

Before:

After:

Attached Images                    
Old 05-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Great looking job, it turned out amazing.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:30 AM
BobDyl is infamous around these parts
Here is the After After shot, five minutes after the final detail.

Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by BobDyl
Here is the After After shot, five minutes after the final detail.
You laugh, but have the dealer wash it, or an unqualified detailer, and that's exactly what you'll have. We've had that happen a few times, and unfortunately, we start all over again with the correction process. So, please be careful who works on your Porsches. Treat them like you would searching for a qualified mechanic or a doctor.

Conversely, take good care of it, and it'll look proper for many many years.