997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Recommendation for Clear Bra Installer in SoCal area.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:53 AM
Romysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud of
Recommendation for Clear Bra Installer in SoCal area.

Looking to install clear bra on my car. I'm planning to do the full front-end job, which includes the hood, L/R fenders, bumper cover, headlights and side mirrors. I've made a few calls to a couple of places which were both recommended by Auto Gallery. Now I feel more confused!

Just to confuse me some more , I'm looking for independent advice on the following:

- Tint brand - 3M is very popular but one place has mentioned XPEL which cost a little bit more.
- Hand-Cut vs pre-cut pros/cons
- Reputable Installer

Old 05-20-2013, 12:03 PM
vg247 has a spectacular aura aboutvg247 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Romysc4s
Looking to install clear bra on my car. I'm planning to do the full front-end job, which includes the hood, L/R fenders, bumper cover, headlights and side mirrors. I've made a few calls to a couple of places which were both recommended by Auto Gallery. Now I feel more confused!

Just to confuse me some more , I'm looking for independent advice on the following:

- Tint brand - 3M is very popular but one place has mentioned XPEL which cost a little bit more.
- Reputable Installer
No affiliation and experience with them yet but GP is very reputable based on the feedback from 6speeders FYI

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...997-2-gts.html

Old 05-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Dave's911 is infamous around these parts
Premier did a fantastic job on my car. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/

Good luck,
Dave.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Romysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud ofRomysc4s has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Dave's911

Good luck,
Dave.
Premier looks very impressive but they're too far south from me. I live in the Woodland Hills area.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:25 PM
911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice911F1 is just really nice
Sticker City on Van Nuys Blvd in Sherman Oaks. They put on new rear fender rock guards for me. Good price, quick and nice people.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Derek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Dave's911

Good luck,
Dave.
do they still have a socal location?

Old 05-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute

- Reputable Installer
Please let us know how we can help.

We make it very simple for our clients. We only offer one window film, huper optik. We only offer one clear film, xpel ultimate. We feel based on performance, the proper "look", and warranty, these two products are the industry standard. In the end, it's your installer that'll be the key reason why you choose a company. You can have the best material, but if the installer isn't a good match and doesn't have the experience needed to meet your expectations, then you're not going to be happy.

We only do hand-cut on window tint as this gives us the most accurate install. For clear film, we will do hand cut on most areas, and pre-cut with extended edges on other areas. In the end, our goal is to make the clear film as least visible as possible. We remove anything that we can to be able to roll the edges of film inside the smallest areas. For example, on a 911, we remove side markers, emblems, lights, vents, and sometimes bumpers.

Please feel free to call me if you have any questions

Old 05-22-2013, 12:18 PM
cab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud of
Not sure if 3M has improved, but a few years back my 3M yellowed-out. FYI.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:38 AM
amge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a true believer in the clear bra. And my 3M film did yellow after six years. But I never noticed it until I peeled it off. My stone guard on the 997 is yellowing now, and that came from the factory. So I recognize everything has a life to it.

I just saw this product - I am really excited to try it now...The last quote I got to put a new clear bra on the one I peeled off was over $1,000...Now there is this.

http://news.3m.com/press-release/com...easy-use-spray

Amazon.com: 3M 90000 Paint Defender Spray Film: Automotive Amazon.com: 3M 90000 Paint Defender Spray Film: Automotive

Old 05-23-2013, 03:41 AM
amge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond repute
Found this installation video...

Old 05-23-2013, 04:52 PM
'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !'02996ttx50 Is a GOD !
I've made a few calls to a couple of places which were both recommended by Auto Gallery. Now I feel more confused!

-
i had a full hood fenders etc done at auto gallery and after a while it did seem to yellow, and eventually peel,.. so i wrecked the car
i would not go w 3m again, but would try the xpel..have heard it is better/longer lasting.

but first i would try that new 3m spray stuff. can also second sticker city for decent install.. though i just had window tint done.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:21 PM
jsimon77 is infamous around these parts
I can't say enough about the work that Moe at Glistening Perfection does. I have seen multiple cars with the clear film install and I have been shocked every time.

I know that he further south then you might like but it's beyond worth it. Plus...it's a great drive in your car.

If you want it to be perfect and 99% not noticeable Moe is the only one I'd trust.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:18 PM
cab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by '02996ttx50
i had a full hood fenders etc done at auto gallery and after a while it did seem to yellow, and eventually peel,.. so i wrecked the car
i would not go w 3m again, but would try the xpel..have heard it is better/longer lasting.

but first i would try that new 3m spray stuff. can also second sticker city for decent install.. though i just had window tint done.
3M as a company is awesome. However I got burnt with the yellowing of the film. So for me, no more 3m film.

Note: I have been told that the newer film does not yellow. However, I don't have the guys anymore to try it again. Just my 2 cents.

On my black 370z, I had it done by the shop recommended by 370z members. The place is by the 605 and 210 fwy near a small airport. They even do films onto helicopter propeller blades. They did an awesome job on it.

Lastly, the expel is thicker than 3m--- smoother too.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Holli82 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jsimon77
I can't say enough about the work that Moe at Glistening Perfection does. I have seen multiple cars with the clear film install and I have been shocked every time.

I know that he further south then you might like but it's beyond worth it. Plus...it's a great drive in your car.

If you want it to be perfect and 99% not noticeable Moe is the only one I'd trust.

+1

worth the drive to get it done right.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
3M is rather yellow right out of the roll compared to xpel ultimate or venturshield. We like using xpel ultimate for it's clarity and warranty. But as mentioned many times, your installer and the pre- and post prep is probably the single most important factor when choosing a proper place to have work on your car. So many times, it's the behind scene stuff you may never see, but will pay extra for. People will search high and low for a good mechanic, doctor, attorney, but when it comes to caring for their cars that are worth more than the house most of us were raised in, suddenly they begin to be penny wise and pound poor when choosing detailers, window tinters, clear bra guys, etc. Laying down clear film, detailing, and simply working around these cars takes years, sometimes decades, to master. You'll pay the premium when working with guys that know their craft...and IMHO, that's the right approach

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Recommendation for Clear Bra Installer in SoCal area.