997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Porsche Museum Stuttgart

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
Porsche Museum Stuttgart

Hi,

For all of you who have already done this pilgrimage:
I will be on a family vacation to Germany in August and am planning to visit the Porsche museum. How much time can one spend there w/o going overboard?

Old 06-11-2013, 05:24 PM
robsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond repute
Depends on your definition of "going overboard".

To a true life long Porsche nut.....like myself, three days of going through the factory each day, the museum, the goodie store, having lunch with the factory workers, etc wasn't enough!

Last edited by robsled; 06-11-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:26 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Museum...you can put the headset on and walk around at your leisure. I was in for about 3 hours and easily could have been 5.

The Factory tour setup by a US Dealer was Incredible, took about 3 hours on a group tour, you HAVE to register ahead of time.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:19 PM
daberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to beholddaberlin is a splendid one to behold
I'm doing both the factory and museum on 16 July. I'll let you know. :-)

Old 06-11-2013, 08:24 PM
hot nikon is infamous around these parts
It's on the list for next summer.

Did tour the Collier Museum in Naples, FL, very nice. Not Porsche specific, but a couple of priceless Porsches.

God, why not just a vacation for Porsches? 3-4 days in Stuttgart, a couple of days in a 911 driving along the Alps and Italy. Turn north and enjoy the Black Forest...

Keep us posted.

Old 06-12-2013, 09:49 AM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Did the Porsche tours in 2011 as well as BMW, MB & Audi (bucket list was checked off). Make sure you book the factory tour early. Check w/ PCA as they sometimes have preference tours.

Make a day of the museum and factory tour(s). Visit the dealership across the street as well.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:41 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
Easily see both in one day.

Porsche Museum/Factory has it's own train stop, very convenient. Porscheplatz Stop.

Old 06-12-2013, 01:44 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hatzenbach
Hi,

For all of you who have already done this pilgrimage:
I will be on a family vacation to Germany in August and am planning to visit the Porsche museum. How much time can one spend there w/o going overboard?
While you are in STR, you should plan to to visit the MB Museum As well. It is quite different from the P museum, much bigger. Also of interest in the area is the STEIFF Factory and Museum (expensive stuffed teddy bears). It is a nice area to visit on holiday.

Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline

Last edited by windboat; 06-12-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:04 PM
AP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud ofAP 997S has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by windboat
While you are in STR, you should plan to to visit the MB Museum As well. It is quite different from the P museum, much bigger. Also of interest in the is the STEIFF Factory and Museum (expensive stuffed teddy bears). It is a nice area to visit on holiday.

+1 on the MB Museum. More history and culture while Porsche is primarily about the marque.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:32 PM
raspritz is infamous around these partsraspritz is infamous around these parts
I agree. One longish day is sufficient time for the Porsche factory tour (must be arranged far in advance), the museum, lunch at the museum, and the Porsche agency across the street from the museum.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:34 PM
fastm3 is infamous around these parts
To me, after you've done a few factory tours, they're all basically the same. If you've never seen a car factory, it might be interesting. As for the museum, a couple of hours should be enough. The museum shop is a bit disappointing, as it doesn't have anything out of the ordinary.

The MB museum is infinitely more interesting. Allocate about 3 hours for that.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:02 PM
windboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond reputewindboat has a reputation beyond repute
Also if you are a PCA member, take your membership card as it allows you free admission to the Porsche Museum and a 15% discount in gift shop. If you buy anything in gift shop, be certain to ask for the VAT refund form, it will save you another 10% on your purchase when you depart Europe. Every member of your group must have their own PCA card to gain free admission. Parking is a flat fee of 4 Euros, unless you dine in the upscale rest. Upstairs

Old 08-19-2013, 02:39 AM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
Hi, thanks for all the good tips
Had a great time there:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=e88466d5ca

Old 08-19-2013, 07:46 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Hatzenbach
Hi, thanks for all the good tips
Had a great time there:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=e88466d5ca
It's a great museum. Also during the 50th Anniversary, admission is free to 911 owners - I showed them my PCA card plus a picture on my iPhone. If you can book the factory tour, it is fantastic. Even if no space you might check at the entrance to the museum (right behind the front doors, there's a kiosk) to see if all the tour reservations showed up.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:05 PM
kcheves is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
It's a great museum. Also during the 50th Anniversary, admission is free to 911 owners - I showed them my PCA card plus a picture on my iPhone. If you can book the factory tour, it is fantastic. Even if no space you might check at the entrance to the museum (right behind the front doors, there's a kiosk) to see if all the tour reservations showed up.
Also (and this is a long shot...) if you were born in 1963, admission to the Museum during the 50th Anniversary celebration is free.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Museum Stuttgart