997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Beverley Hills Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 01:57 PM
robsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sandwedge
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how quick the visual, how sharp the rennlister or 6-speeder and whether or not he/she carried a paint meter.

Doesn't this whole situation boil down to a Maybe, maybe not?

Maybe the salesperson could have been honest, maybe not. Maybe the dealership would have immediately stepped up and made this right, maybe not.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:37 PM
TomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the roughTomE is a jewel in the rough
@Slick911 - Please tell your sales guy that Beverley Hills Porsche has been bounced from your list of acceptable dealers, and why. Then ask for the dealership sales manager and repeat the message.

Dishonest scum raise the price of every transaction - every purchase, every sale. And all of that cost is eventually born by us, the customers. It's no different than uninsured drivers. They show up on your insurance and mine.

Sure we can all do full-tilt PPIs on CPO-verified cars etc etc etc. We're just spending more money buying more 'insurance' against scummy behavior.

The only way to cut the 'insurance cost' for us, is to make it 'expensive' to be a dishonest scum. Hit what counts. And never blame the victim.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by robsled
tcc1999.....

I understand what you are saying too, but I, in no way meant to relate this to a rape scenario. But the OP in a way was molested because he was too trusting of a total stranger. A car salesman at that. Whether it's a Porsche dealership or a Kia dealership, no one should trust and believe what is said by a salesperson.

My only point was that if the buyer had not trusted the salesperson and had a fellow Porsche person from one of the discussion forums check the car out right away, none of this would have taken place!
No, I know you didn't mean it that way and I hope it didn't come across like I thought you did. It's just, like I said, a very slippery slope and on forums things often look wrong because we lack the context of interpersonal communication.

We all do stupid things at one time or another. For me, in 1988 there was an electrical storm and a power surge fried a 1977 Color TV my Mom gave me when she downsized. My insurance gave me $500 for the loss. So, in a moment of total chuckleheadedness instead of buying a new TV with the money I had a 13 year old TV fixed. I know that's not like buying a 911 sight unseen but it ranks up there with poor decisions.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:36 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Doesn't this whole situation boil down to a Maybe, maybe not?

Maybe the salesperson could have been honest, maybe not. Maybe the dealership would have immediately stepped up and made this right, maybe not.
That's a whole different discussion, isn't it? My comment was in response to the suggestion that a PPI or a visual inspection by a local would have prevented the whole mess.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:56 PM
robsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe.....Maybe not! :-)

Old 07-05-2013, 09:26 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Maybe.....Maybe not! :-)
Right I just hate to blame the customer for this one. I understand that the dealerships operate independently and that PCNA can't dictate how they do business. What I can't understand is how this dealership is allowed to violate PCNA's promises about how CPO cars are sold and certified without any kind of intervention. The dealerships are acting as ambassadors for the brand and you'd think some kind of standards would have to be upheld for the privilege of selling these cars. Guess not.

Old 07-06-2013, 06:00 AM
I'm really surprised that PCNA hasn't stepped in on this. Maybe they will at some point......or "maybe not".

I know 15-20 years ago PCNA had a pretty strong grip on what happened at the dealership level. A very good friend was the west coast regional parts manager and he made sure parts prices were in line with all the dealerships. If a dealership was caught gouging prices on parts or cars, PCNA could and would hold delivery of product as punishment. Those days may very well be gone.

Old 07-06-2013, 07:04 AM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
Franchise laws clearly are biased towards the dealer. But if a dealer has a consistent pattern of poor customer satisfaction and not following prescribed CPO guidelines, they can yank that franchise agreement (after a lot of mediation). It has been done before and the process can give the dealer principal a pause to rethink his position of screwing the customer.

Porsche Cars of North America can do something if they choose to make a difference.

Old 07-07-2013, 05:39 AM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tcc1999
No, I know you didn't mean it that way and I hope it didn't come across like I thought you did. It's just, like I said, a very slippery slope and on forums things often look wrong because we lack the context of interpersonal communication.

We all do stupid things at one time or another. For me, in 1988 there was an electrical storm and a power surge fried a 1977 Color TV my Mom gave me when she downsized. My insurance gave me $500 for the loss. So, in a moment of total chuckleheadedness instead of buying a new TV with the money I had a 13 year old TV fixed. I know that's not like buying a 911 sight unseen but it ranks up there with poor decisions.
So that's the thought process that got you to choose TB!

Tom

Old 07-07-2013, 09:14 AM
sixgun95 is infamous around these parts
Wow! I almost bought a car from them last year, so glad I went with our neighborhood dealer Porsche North Scottsdale, awesome folks who treat you right!

Old 07-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Whitelightnin is infamous around these parts
Stopped in there last year while visiting L.A. and could not get the time of day so I left. Have since bought a 993tt and a 997 2S Cab.

Old 07-07-2013, 12:42 PM
sixgun95 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Whitelightnin
Stopped in there last year while visiting L.A. and could not get the time of day so I left. Have since bought a 993tt and a 997 2S Cab.
Now thats funny!

Old 07-09-2013, 12:20 PM
Westgate997 is infamous around these parts
I too have had bad experiences there. I live 2 miles away and am happy to help if you need a man on the ground.

Stay tuned for my tale of woe- have to head to a meeting. Subscribing.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:10 PM
greaser5 is infamous around these parts
I actually let a 997 go from there... I liked the car, but something was fishy... I'm starting to wonder if my spidey senses were working or something after hearing this story.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:13 PM
BHP currently has nine 997s and 991s on ebay. Wish there was a way to warn the bidders!
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/beverlyh...id=p4340.l2562

Last edited by robsled; 07-09-2013 at 07:26 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beverley Hills Porsche