997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Beverley Hills Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 08:06 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
wow, I feel for the OPer. I bought my car out of state (Fla P dealer) and traded in a 2010 MB e550 (flawless) and made the deal by phone, with one exception. I sent a $5K credit card deposit and got (demanded) a receipt from them stating when I got to see the car if for any reason I wished to cancel the deal the depo would be fully returned. It was a CPO car and was just as described. My point is "trust no one". always protect yourself. There are some good people but dealers are there to make money first and friends second IMO. To be honest about 2 years prior I had to take to court another dealer after being sold a new car that was hit and repaired , unknown to me. BBB was great in supporting my complaint. Got a new car and cash back! Would never want to go thru that again. Wishing the OP er all the best and if I lived out west I d carry a sign outside the dealer for you (I have lots of free time, LOL).

Old 08-16-2013, 11:38 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Can't believe this dealership continues to operate! The management rebuttals are a joke on Yelp. I'm surprised they even get good reviews. Also surprised that Porsche allows this to happen. Regardless of the fact the are independent....if someone was selling my product they would have to adhere to professional ethics and risk losing the ability to sell my product. What a joke.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:18 PM
hot nikon is infamous around these parts
You can get about the same level of service/sales at Brahman in Palm Beach.

$300 N tire fills.

$1400 LoJack that they swear is installed at time of purchase, only to get a call from LoJack 2 weeks later to schedule INSTALLATION!.

"Tubi exhausts will cause a fire." Direct quote from sales manager.

Good Luck, YMMV.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:55 AM
winchester21 is infamous around these parts
WOW I came in on the tail end of this disaster. About a year ago I looked at a car on the net from these jerks and I blew it off because I am in NC and it was too far away in case of something like this coming up. I always buy over the phone and never off the lot to avoid the lot lizard 3rd degree money shakedown. i also never buy from anyone outside of a reasonable driving distance say 500 miles where I can personally inspect the car without springing for a plane ticket only to be disappointed. I really hope that this story is spread all over the country and it costs them many internet sales.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:29 AM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by winchester21
WOW I came in on the tail end of this disaster. About a year ago I looked at a car on the net from these jerks and I blew it off because I am in NC and it was too far away in case of something like this coming up. I always buy over the phone and never off the lot to avoid the lot lizard 3rd degree money shakedown. i also never buy from anyone outside of a reasonable driving distance say 500 miles where I can personally inspect the car without springing for a plane ticket only to be disappointed. I really hope that this story is spread all over the country and it costs them many internet sales.
That's one of the craziest aspects of this story. BHP could have fixed this early on by taking back the GTS and returning the F430 trade. Cost of fixing the GTS....maybe 10K. Cost of not profiting from the GTS and the 430 sale....probably another 15K. So for about 25K this epic PR fiasco could have been silenced and turned into a non-issue. The Rennlist thread on the same subject is on its 37th page now with next to 52,000 views http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...-poor-car.html

Doesn't take much for a Porsche dealership to accumulate 25K in profits from sales. Think they may have lost 25K in sales as a result of this? My guess is you could easily add a zero to that figure long term unless they completely retool.