997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Illuminated door sills

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 09:54 PM
mk8k8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by martidamm
Lifted the weather seal and ran the cable under the seal and then replaced, the cable is thin enough to go under the seal without affecting it, just make sure you run the cable that comes from the sill, not the extension, otherwise you'll end up with the connector on the wrong side of the car (on the outside) the extension should start running once the connector is gone into the car under the weather seal.
thanks for the quick response. i was able to figure that part out, unfortunately i cant figure out how to get to the wires under the glove box where the footwell light is?? BTW Jerry was able to make me sills that had Carrera S.

Also when you stuck the sills on the existing ones, did the original sills push on the back of the led ones?

thanks

Old 08-19-2013, 10:03 PM
martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mk8k8

thanks for the quick response. i was able to figure that part out, unfortunately i cant figure out how to get to the wires under the glove box where the footwell light is?? BTW Jerry was able to make me sills that had Carrera S.

Also when you stuck the sills on the existing ones, did the original sills push on the back of the led ones?

thanks
Look at my other reply for passenger side connection, I replied right after previous one , As far as push back, no, not really, r u sure you don't have excess cable tangled up underneath the sills? The led's get stuck on the sill themselves with the peel away adhesive, then the carrera sign sticks to then led's then the whole thing to the actual original sill.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:01 PM
Look at my other reply for passenger side connection, I replied right after previous one , As far as push back, no, not really, r u sure you don't have excess cable tangled up underneath the sills? The led's get stuck on the sill themselves with the peel away adhesive, then the carrera sign sticks to then led's then the whole thing to the actual original sill.
Thanks martidamm. Once I found where everything was it took 15 minutes to install. Jerry was awesome to work with and the quality is really great. He costume made Carrera S sills for me a shipped FAST.

Now I just need to update the interior lights to white LEDs.

Srry for the iPhone photo but it looks awesome!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1229
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	273106  
Old 08-21-2013, 11:03 PM
fjr_wertheimber has a spectacular aura aboutfjr_wertheimber has a spectacular aura about
Thanks martidamm. Once I found where everything was it took 15 minutes to install. Jerry was awesome to work with and the quality is really great. He costume made Carrera S sills for me a shipped FAST.

That looks great! Hmmm...

Old 08-22-2013, 03:16 PM
barncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the roughbarncobob is a jewel in the rough
I don't get it...illuminated door sills,,,who is going to see them beside the owner

Old 08-23-2013, 11:19 PM
martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by fjr_wertheimber

That looks great! Hmmm...
Looks real good, did you go for the blue or is it the iPhone effect??

Old 08-23-2013, 11:20 PM

That looks real good!! Did you go for the blue or is it the iPhone effect??

Old 08-24-2013, 12:02 AM
That looks real good!! Did you go for the blue or is it the iPhone effect??
I went with white, thats just the iphone effect. Just ordered the white LED interiors lights. I will post another picture with everything looking cooool white.

Old 08-24-2013, 08:58 AM

I went with white, thats just the iphone effect. Just ordered the white LED interiors lights. I will post another picture with everything looking cooool white.
Do post a pic when done!

Old 08-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Do post a pic when done!
Installed the white LED lights and it really changes the feel of the car, it looks really modern and edgy. Now the sills match all the others!!!

Also spent the whole day washing, clay and waxing.
Feels like a brand new car!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	1515
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	274423   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1503
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	274424  
Old 08-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Looks great, if you have 1k to spare go with LED'son the outside, I got that for mine And it looks so much better/newer!!

Old 08-24-2013, 08:46 PM
Looks great, if you have 1k to spare go with LED'son the outside, I got that for mine And it looks so much better/newer!!
Thanks, LEDS on the outside is my next step. Who/what company did you get yours from?

Old 08-24-2013, 08:50 PM

Thanks, LEDS on the outside is my next step. Who/what company did you get yours from?
eBay.... Seller fishcake321

Old 08-24-2013, 08:52 PM
eBay.... Seller fishcake321
Thanks, No codes?

Old 08-24-2013, 08:52 PM

ebay.... Seller fishcake321

Name:  image-1373383269.jpg
Views: 690
Size:  151.5 KB

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Illuminated door sills