997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Illuminated door sills

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 09:02 PM
martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by C4SNY
Martidamm, Thanks for the post. Just checking in to see how the sills have held up over time. I'm considering these.
working perfect, no problems

Old 03-17-2014, 12:10 PM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by martidamm
How's the aluminum holding up re: scuffs? The stock plastic sills are such scuff magnets..!

Old 03-17-2014, 12:18 PM
martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Scoper
How's the aluminum holding up re: scuffs? The stock plastic sills are such scuff magnets..!
so far no scratches, it's brushed aluminum so this helps, but no issues on scratches, I am very careful getting in and out of the car since it's a tight garage and my wife's car is right next to mine so that may help on the issue

Old 03-17-2014, 08:07 PM
C4SNY has much to be proud ofC4SNY has much to be proud ofC4SNY has much to be proud ofC4SNY has much to be proud ofC4SNY has much to be proud ofC4SNY has much to be proud ofC4SNY has much to be proud ofC4SNY has much to be proud of
Thanks for your replies. I spoke with Jerry and he was lightning fast with emails and shipped it out in less than 24 hours. I'll update this thread once I receive and install it.

Old 03-17-2014, 08:11 PM
Thanks for your replies. I spoke with Jerry and he was lightning fast with emails and shipped it out in less than 24 hours. I'll update this thread once I receive and install it.
he's pretty good at communication, let me know if you have any questions on the install, it's pretty easy.

Old 03-31-2014, 10:52 AM
he's pretty good at communication, let me know if you have any questions on the install, it's pretty easy.
show pics once installed!

Old 03-31-2014, 07:11 PM
C4SNY has much to be proud ofC4SNY has much to be proud ofC4SNY has much to be proud ofC4SNY has much to be proud ofC4SNY has much to be proud ofC4SNY has much to be proud ofC4SNY has much to be proud ofC4SNY has much to be proud of
Received the door sills and the quality looks good. I removed my old damaged sills and replaced it with the new ones. The wiring was straight forward, but didn't have time to complete the passenger side.

The only issue I have is the double sided tape on the new sills. It was not thick enough to adhere to the body. When I checked today, the sill is loose on one side. Guess it would've worked better if I placed it on top of the old sills, as you did. I will probably have more time in May to correct and complete the install.

All in all, the sills do look awesome.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (4).JPG
Views:	363
Size:	440.7 KB
ID:	353479  
Old 03-31-2014, 07:26 PM
Received the door sills and the quality looks good. I removed my old damaged sills and replaced it with the new ones. The wiring was straight forward, but didn't have time to complete the passenger side. The only issue I have is the double sided tape on the new sills. It was not thick enough to adhere to the body. When I checked today, the sill is loose on one side. Guess it would've worked better if I placed it on top of the old sills, as you did. I will probably have more time in May to correct and complete the install. All in all, the sills do look awesome.
yes, this sills are supposed and designed to go on top of the old ones, they are thin enough to just glue them on your old sill without having to remove it, otherwise the tape is not going to be thick enough to stick to the body of the car underneath, if you re install your old sill it should resolve your issue, it should also resolve the issue of the light showing between the body of the car and the new sill, if the glue on the original sill double-sided tape loses adhesion you may have to stop at an auto store and buy a little bit of double-sided tape to replace it, I hope this helps, but I strongly advise that you put back your old sill and just put this new one on top.

Old 02-08-2015, 01:14 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Finally ordered and got mine in!! So excited. Having them installed on next oil change hopefully within a week. I have other parts coming, as I hit a cone on the highway and it damaged the plastic under the door.

Thank goodness it was only that. Jerry was very responsive to my request for these lighted sills, and he even made them custom for me...

Carrera 4 is white and the "S" is RED. Can't wait to see them on the car. Of course pics to follow when they are installed. Darin at FD Motorsports will do all my work for me.

Should look fantastic!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0624.JPG (103.6 KB, 266 views)
Old 02-08-2015, 03:01 PM
DrJordan1911 is infamous around these parts
Looks Real Good!

Old 02-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Great, now I'm wishing I had waited for him to have the carrera S sills, oh well I guess I can always ask jerry to sell me just the illuminated part.

Old 02-09-2015, 07:29 PM
the997dude is infamous around these parts
How did I miss this thread before? These things look awesome !

Old 02-11-2015, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by RaidersR1
Finally ordered and got mine in!! So excited. Having them installed on next oil change hopefully within a week. I have other parts coming, as I hit a cone on the highway and it damaged the plastic under the door. Thank goodness it was only that. Jerry was very responsive to my request for these lighted sills, and he even made them custom for me... Carrera 4 is white and the "S" is RED. Can't wait to see them on the car. Of course pics to follow when they are installed. Darin at FD Motorsports will do all my work for me. Should look fantastic!!
post a pic once installed..

Old 02-12-2015, 10:54 AM
deaddana is infamous around these parts
Could you post jerrys info?

so i just installed illuminated door sills on my 911s, took 10 min per side and the results look great!! They come in 3 different colors, white, red and blue, since my car is red mine are red, in the pictures they look white for some reason but they are an exact match to my car's red paint, here are some pics! Cost was half of what i could find them on any site or ebay!!! Just over $200. Very good deal and very good look!

could you post jerrys info ?

Old 02-12-2015, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by deaddana
could you post jerrys info ?
look at page 3, his info is there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Illuminated door sills