997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Illuminated door sills

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 10:12 PM
martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !
Illuminated door sills

So I just installed illuminated door sills on my 911S, took 10 min per side and the results look great!! they come in 3 different colors, white, red and blue, since my car is red mine are red, in the pictures they look white for some reason but they are an exact match to my car's red paint, here are some pics! Cost was half of what I could find them on any site or Ebay!!! just over $200. very good deal and very good look!

Attached Images      

Last edited by martidamm; 07-21-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:05 PM
mk8k8 is infamous around these parts
Looks Great! Where did you get them?

Old 07-22-2013, 06:46 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Yes, pray tell.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:37 AM
DJSArcade is infamous around these parts
How do they draw power? What kind of hackery is required for that?

Old 07-22-2013, 08:44 AM
martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !
I ran a small cable to the floor courtesy light, so the sill turns on and off with the cars interior lights, I just had to peel back the weather seal, ran the cable under it and placed the seal back, the cable is so thin it doesn't even affect the seal, then I just zip tied the cable to the courtesy light cable (The one that illuminates the pedals and floor area on the car) and used one of those "Clamps" that unite the cables together (Not sure what they are called, but it came with the Kit) and that was it, the sill is held to the floor with a strong 3M double sided tape and it goes right over your original sill, so you don't even have to remove it, very easy process.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Here are some pics of the install process.... sorry not very good with a camera, I used the creditcard to get the weather seal over the carpet again.

Attached Images      

Last edited by martidamm; 07-22-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:51 AM
final pics...

Attached Images    
Old 07-22-2013, 08:59 AM
Other side....

Attached Images  
Old 07-22-2013, 08:49 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Looks great....can I get Carrera 4S?

Old 07-22-2013, 08:54 PM
Hi Raiders, not sure, call Jerry, however I don't think so, as you can see mine is a carrera S and had to do just carrera on the sills, I may be mistaken... so just shoot him an Email or call him, he's a really nice guy and replies to all emails quickly.... even late at night....

Old 07-23-2013, 03:17 PM
jrancic2000 is infamous around these parts
Just a heads up, those Scotch tap in connectors are not very reliable. If the light ever goes out suspect those first. You are better off just stripping the wire back and twisting the wire onto it then soldering or even taping and ty rap the tape when done.

Looks great though.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:29 PM
mk8k8 is infamous around these parts
How do you get to the light wires in the passenger footwell?

Old 08-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by mk8k8
Lifted the weather seal and ran the cable under the seal and then replaced, the cable is thin enough to go under the seal without affecting it, just make sure you run the cable that comes from the sill, not the extension, otherwise you'll end up with the connector on the wrong side of the car (on the outside) the extension should start running once the connector is gone into the car under the weather seal.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:38 PM
RaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of lightRaidersR1 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by martidamm
Hi Raiders, not sure, call Jerry, however I don't think so, as you can see mine is a carrera S and had to do just carrera on the sills, I may be mistaken... so just shoot him an Email or call him, he's a really nice guy and replies to all emails quickly.... even late at night....
Jerry is very responsive. Got right back to me and it seems he may be able to do Carrera 4S. Hoping he can do the S in Red, that would be sweet.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by mk8k8
Also, the passenger side. Pull the entire lamp out, like you're replacing the bulb, remove the black plastic cover that begins when the glove compartment ends and run the cable trough there and out the hole where you pulled the lamp out , once there connect as you did driver side and place the lamp back and you're done

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Illuminated door sills