997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Attended the Porsche World Roadshow in Foxboro, MA today, AMAZING time!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 07:23 PM
Carnut12 is infamous around these parts
Talking Attended the Porsche World Roadshow in Foxboro, MA today, AMAZING time!!!!!!!

Today I attended the Porsche World Road-show, I got to bring a guest, my good friend is a car-nut and we have always wanted to track, he is a Corvette guy, owns a Z06. If you get a chance to do this do not pass it up!!!!!!!

What a Day, simply amazing, I have a whole different view on Porsche Ownership, the fact they offer this for FREE is unreal. I have never tracked, but I can not wait to do it again.

All cars were PDK, until now I thought I would only buy a manual, I think I have changed my mind. With Sport and Sport Plus the PDK is Outstanding.

I started in the Regular Cayman, it was a fun car for sure. I am only 5'11" and the seat was all the way back, how do Tall people drive this car??? I test drove the Boxster and it had more room for sure. That said the Cayman drove nice and it was fun for sure. I then moved to the 991 C4, it drove better then the Cayman for sure, it was obvious it had more power. I then moved to the Cayman S, it was also a step up from the Cayman, but again I was shocked when I set up my seat I fit perfect, but it would not go back any further then where I set it, it was against the carpet behind me. I liked the Cayman S. I then drove a C4S, this was the only one with the PSE, it sounded insane. As expected this car had the most power and it was obvious. The track had a lot of turns, very little straights. It was a Blast.

We also got to drive the Panamera and Cayenne. The Panamera Hybrid was a hell of a car, so was the Cayenne Diesel.

Here are some pictures-

Me after I drove them all-

I told my wife I am trading mine in, this car was Sick, I am sticking with my C2S 997.2, just wanted to bust my wifes chops-

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	fapgub.jpg
Views:	679
Size:	728.1 KB
ID:	267205   Click image for larger version

Name:	f44nio.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	759.7 KB
ID:	267206   Click image for larger version

Name:	ephoyb.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	788.2 KB
ID:	267207   Click image for larger version

Name:	rmo5s9.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	679.7 KB
ID:	267208   Click image for larger version

Name:	165eh2.jpg
Views:	682
Size:	601.2 KB
ID:	267209  

Old 08-03-2013, 12:19 PM
DallasDave is infamous around these parts
I attended the event at Texas Motorspeedway (DFW). Had a good time, but the guy I was partnered with during the track event scared the hell out of me as I just knew he was going to lose control trying to keep up with the forward vehicles. Skill levels of all types in attendance.

I would have enjoyed more laps, but it wasn't a track day. Great event to bring the porsche experience to the buyers.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:15 PM
plantagenet is infamous around these parts
doh should have gone to this looks great. How did you get invite?

Old 08-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
It looks like one huge autocross track to me. I went last month and it was really fun. We were on a nascar track but with a road course build to it, so it was a high speed track, we got to step on the gas a bit. It's nice for Porsche to host a driving event like this. Everyone should at least give it a try.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:23 AM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
ooh, this is awesome. does anyone know if the Homestead invites have gone out yet?

if i don't get invited i'll be sad

Old 08-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Robocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really nice
I would love to attend the Homestead event. When is scheduled for?

Old 08-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by evil panda
ooh, this is awesome. does anyone know if the Homestead invites have gone out yet?

if i don't get invited i'll be sad
I believe it's 30 days before the event. I emailed my SA about it and he said it was completely full and they did not have any spots left. I posted on rennlist, "what a bummer that was," and another local member gave me a spot. All you need is a code to sign up on the roadshow website. He missed out on the event. My brother in law didn't have a code and wasn't able to sign up but he went anyways and was able to get in. The cute girl working the front said she has never refused anyone. There are people who can't make it all the time and there are available spots.

Originally Posted by Robocop305
I would love to attend the Homestead event. When is scheduled for?
Everything you need to know about the road show

http://www.porscheworldroadshowusa.com/