997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I think the discussion of Michelin PS2 vs. Super Sport just has been settled...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 01:01 PM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
I think the discussion of Michelin PS2 vs. Super Sport just has been settled...

Porsche just approved a new version of the Michelin Super Sport for the Carrera GT, as "superior to the PS2":

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11308236...the-carrera-gt

Old 08-25-2013, 01:18 PM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
I just had a set of PSS put on yesterday, will see how they do against the Hankooks that orginally came with the car.

Side note: The Hankooks were no slouch, handle very well.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:49 PM
Mspeedster is a jewel in the roughMspeedster is a jewel in the roughMspeedster is a jewel in the rough
Porsche and Michelin have teamed up to develop a new set of tires for the Carrera GT supercar.
I think it will only be definitively settled when "Porsche and Michelin have teamed up to develop a new set of tires for the Porsche 997" and hence give the MPSS an N rating for our cars. Hopefully, it's only a matter of time.

Otherwise the question still lingers, why aren't they N rated? (We can all speculate, but only Porsche & Michelin know the answer.) Same argument can be made that Bridgestone and Pirelli have better tires available than the N spec RE050A or PZero Rosso, but for those who believe the N rating means something, having N rated versions of these newer tires would be preferred.

Last edited by Mspeedster; 08-26-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:37 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe i think michelin developed a tire so much better than n rating requirement. And the cost is so attractive that putting an n rating would drive it up too high for both marketing departments to make money off. The super sport came out too soon was too good and with a price so attractive that the n rating marketing gimmick will just be divulged as a mrketing gimick. People will realise there is actually no difference between the n rated tires and the non n rated tires. with carrera gt cars marketing ndeoartments will still make money out of the arrangment. Blabbering here.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:06 AM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tphan
I just had a set of PSS put on yesterday, will see how they do against the Hankooks that orginally came with the car.

Side note: The Hankooks were no slouch, handle very well.
Hankooks originally came with car? Pre-owned??