997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My budget audio install updated 3/22/15

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:13 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I have intended to move critical parts of the install including updates to the first page, but unfortunately haven't had a chance to. Will try to get to it!

Thanks for the link. I think fellow members will find the rennlist door panel instructions better and better illustrated. The only problem is so not use a blade for the cap behind the handle. It will simply pop out as I mention somewhere in the thread!

Also, they are recommending 3" speakers for the doors and adapters for 6.5" woofers. No way. A 4" drops directly into the door and an 8" also works perfectly. Going smaller is not the way to go! (If you read the thread you will know that I tried 6.5s!)

Old 02-18-2015, 03:29 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Hi conrad, this topic of yours really has grown and all the discoveries that you and other brothers have unearthed actually are now very difficult to find . I'm sure so many will appreciate if the important discoveries coul be placed at the front page for everybody to refer to should they decide to go at it. Which I also totally recommend. Just goes to show that the bose system really sucks since so many are doing this mod. My center speaker mod is not a good one. The speaker I used, powerbass 2.75" full range, is actually a drop in but the sound coming from that speaker still overpowers the rest of the system and creates a cheap sound. Remove. I think I will stay with my current set up.
I agree with conrad that there are better tutorials on how to remove the door panel . But the link is really for reference to the wires legend which I had difficulty looking for in this humongous thread.

Old 03-09-2015, 07:23 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
I double checked polarities on post 278. Happy to hear from another installer on the road to success!

Old 03-09-2015, 07:33 PM
Shardul is infamous around these parts
Thank you ryem3 for post info and helping me put via PM. I will post results after project is completed

Old 03-11-2015, 12:50 PM
Focal IS200 in the doors with del-rey customs adapters
Focal CVX 100 in the door for mid range

Sounds very good

Old 03-11-2015, 09:02 PM
YES! How about the rears and the dash tweeters?
Be sure not to do any real critical listening yet. Definitely needs a couple hours of run time to break them in. You'll notice the metamorphosis.

Old 03-12-2015, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by ryem3
YES! How about the rears and the dash tweeters?
Be sure not to do any real critical listening yet. Definitely needs a couple hours of run time to break them in. You'll notice the metamorphosis.
i will take pics of the tweeter shell cut open and post them up

rear speakers as stock right now. will replace them soon

is there a cheaper option rather than Focal cvx100

Old 03-12-2015, 03:07 PM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
To those who might know. Sub system still stock. Music settings at bass 4 treble 1. Sound seems balanced. Wouldn't changing the bass elements on the door lower bass output. The 8's have higher impedance that pn the stock bose so it would have less volume at the same volume level.
Can someone deceive the effect of the 8's installed versus the stock, which seems to be a speaker with a passive radiator in one.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:36 PM
my car has a non bose system

Old 03-12-2015, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Shardul

i will take pics of the tweeter shell cut open and post them up

rear speakers as stock right now. will replace them soon

is there a cheaper option rather than Focal cvx100
Yes, there probably is a cheaper option, but I think I got those for about $100 a pair. Maybe the is series?

Old 03-12-2015, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by slicky rick
To those who might know. Sub system still stock. Music settings at bass 4 treble 1. Sound seems balanced. Wouldn't changing the bass elements on the door lower bass output. The 8's have higher impedance that pn the stock bose so it would have less volume at the same volume level.
Can someone deceive the effect of the 8's installed versus the stock, which seems to be a speaker with a passive radiator in one.
Not replacing the 8s in the doors??? You are missing the biggest benefit. Yes, they have higher impedance, but they will match the other drivers you have changed. If you don't replace them, you'll have boomy, muddy base because the stock woofers will over power the other drivers.

Old 03-12-2015, 06:56 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slicky rick
The 8's have higher impedance that pn the stock bose so it would have less volume at the same volume level.
What?

Old 03-13-2015, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by ryem3
Yes, there probably is a cheaper option, but I think I got those for about $100 a pair. Maybe the is series?
i paid 160 for the cvx 100

reason I did not get the rear speakers is because my car has a roll cage (did not want to remove it) and I was not sure if I can swap the speakers out without removing the panel

Old 03-13-2015, 10:36 AM
Sorry gentlemen, I meant that the output of the 8's would be lower than the stock bose at the same volume setting. As explained it now seems balanced. Again in that same boat wheter do mod or simply stay where I am now. 8"s are waiting to be installed.

Old 03-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Shardul

i paid 160 for the cvx 100

reason I did not get the rear speakers is because my car has a roll cage (did not want to remove it) and I was not sure if I can swap the speakers out without removing the panel
Later in the thread I mounted the rear set into my current car without removing the rear panel. You trim the abs plate to clear the tabs of the speaker cover.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My budget audio install updated 3/22/15