997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

newly rewrapped steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 04:08 PM
RickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud of
newly rewrapped steering wheel

I just got my wheel back from Don at Dallas Custom Steering Wheel. One week turnaround, and $447, all in: for shipping, 1/8" of padding (the thicker option), complementing stitching and stripe. This is how the wheel should have come from Porsche. I highly endorse.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	709
Size:	709.6 KB
ID:	280622  
Old 09-14-2013, 04:27 PM
fjr_wertheimber has a spectacular aura aboutfjr_wertheimber has a spectacular aura about
Dude, that's awesome. LOVE it. Perfect timing, too, 'cause I've been looking for a place to do some custom work for me...

Old 09-14-2013, 04:42 PM
Malexgcab is infamous around these partsMalexgcab is infamous around these parts
Sweet

Old 09-14-2013, 05:09 PM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
That is exactly how I'd get my steering wheel done. Looks great! Hope you don't mind a copy-cat.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:28 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RickinColorado
I just got my wheel back from Don at Dallas Custom Steering Wheel. One week turnaround, and $447, all in: for shipping, 1/8" of padding (the thicker option), complementing stitching and stripe. This is how the wheel should have come from Porsche. I highly endorse.
I agree. Wheel looks great and is making mine a little too shabby. Will make this a winter project for sure.

Old 09-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work!

Old 09-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Robocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really nice
Wow, another item for my list!

Old 09-15-2013, 08:38 AM
farfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond reputefarfel has a reputation beyond repute
Sw

Have used Don Le from Dallas Steering Wheel 6 times now.
No need to say that his workmanship is great.
My SW just got back and will install w pix after.
Reasonable and fast too!

Old 09-15-2013, 09:44 AM
doramon1313 is infamous around these parts
looks great!

Old 09-15-2013, 10:54 AM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
I a like!

Old 09-17-2013, 06:49 PM
RickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud ofRickinColorado has much to be proud of
BTW, I am very glad that I went with the thicker of the two options; the smaller size would not have been a big enough improvement.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:35 PM
BLKPPR is infamous around these parts
I have almost the identical wheel on my car but with no perforations. I love it. It may be my favorite mod so far as I touch my wheel constantly so it makes, to me the biggest difference. So much better than the standard wheel. His work is great and his turnaround was less than 5 days. Ordered Monday and at my house by Friday.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:57 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by BLKPPR
I have almost the identical wheel on my car but with no perforations. I love it. It may be my favorite mod so far as I touch my wheel constantly so it makes, to me the biggest difference. So much better than the standard wheel. His work is great and his turnaround was less than 5 days. Ordered Monday and at my house by Friday.
High on my list too in terms of favorite mods. Right in your face every time you get in the car and also in your hands. Same quick delivery for me btw. 5 days between order and delivery.

Attached Images  
Old 09-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Nav5 is infamous around these parts
Guys,
Looks awesome!

How difficult is the removal process? Can a caveman do it?

Cheers,
NAV

Old 09-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by Nav5
Guys,
Looks awesome!

How difficult is the removal process? Can a caveman do it?

Cheers,
NAV
Yes. The search function will find you a well-written DIY. The airbag spring release is the toughest part - you need to push HARD. Don't worry, with the battery disconnected (per DIY), there is no danger. After one time you could do it in less than 5 minutes if you have your tools all laid out in advance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: newly rewrapped steering wheel