997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Totaled my 997S *Pics* & big thanks to GEICO insurance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Totaled my 997S *Pics* & big thanks to GEICO insurance

2005 911 Carrera S Launch Edition- 30,200 miles.

so about 3 weeks ago the unthinkable happened..well first of all THANK GOD no one was hurt & i didn't have a passenger with me.

I was turning left & didn't see a car coming, turned rite in front of him, it was a honda accord.

He must have been going about 30mph nothing too fast, but the hit was just right, hit rite in the middle of the passenger door, air bags came out, even seat itself was pushed in on the side.

Damage from first glance by geico estimator was about 20k then they asked for it to be taken to a body shop of my choice to be looked at further- i started to worry they won't total the car (i didn't want it the way it looked anymore)

i started reading online & heard GEICO was horrible insurance because its cheap etc ( my full coverage was $70 a month i'm 35yrs old) & i got worried- anyways a week later geico declared it total loss and offered me 50K , i said i wanted $54k when i saw the cars they based their value on (none of them had ceramics, adaptive seats, chrono etc) they came back at $53,000 & i am super happy with the outcome & their excellent service..seriously the best insurance company i have ever dealt with THEY EVEN ALLOWED ME TO REMOVE SOME OF MY MODS before settling with them!

The crazy thing is i got a rental from Enterprise a 2013 Mercedes C250, i always made of these cars but WOW, i WAS SO IMPRESSED with the rental & the New Updated engine and interior (facelift was in 2012) that i figured i'd save some $$ and find a fully loaded one with everything and buy it...Yesterday i flew to San Diego & drove back in a 2012 C250 w 19,000 miles & every option i can think of for less than $30,000- NEVER thought i'd buy a Mercedes specially a C Class but i'm very happy with it lol... ****i got a ticket on way back from Cali to AZ, & my 2 last 911's i also bought in cali & drove to AZ and never got a ticket, darn..lol

HERE IS MY NEW CAR I REPLACED THE 911 WITH

FACTORY PHOTO OF THE 2012 INTERIOR MAKE OVER- This really made me fall in love with the car- i love the interior specially the steering wheel

Attached Images         

Last edited by Tarek307; 09-15-2013 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:05 PM
GETU1 is infamous around these partsGETU1 is infamous around these parts
RIP...That was a beautiful 911!

But the replacement, doesnt it feel a bit vanilla compared to the Porsche? I had a c300 rental for a while and truly wasnt impressed

Old 09-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Robocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really nice
Your Porsche was totaled?

Old 09-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GETU1
RIP...That was a beautiful 911!

But the replacement, doesnt it feel a bit vanilla compared to the Porsche? I had a c300 rental for a while and truly wasnt impressed
I've heard from many about the C300 feeling heavier & less peppy than the C250- and yes its vanilla, but its fully loaded 2012 vanilla thats still fun to drive for half the price of the 911 so i'm pretty happy with this vanilla

Originally Posted by Robocop305
Your Porsche was totaled?
ummm...thats what the thread says boss lol

Old 09-15-2013, 09:03 PM
Robocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really nice
Sorry, I was watching TV and didn't read. It's hard to believe they totaled your vehicle based on the damage shown on the picture. Good luck with your new Benz.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:12 PM
SecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant future
Ouch!!

First things first: glad you're ok. I was in an accident years ago that left my back in rough shape. Whiplash is serious business.

Too bad to hear about your car, yours was one of the ones I remember distinctly when thinking about mods to make to mine.

Pretty cool rental car. When State Farm left me with an insurance car I was stuck with a Ford Edge.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:16 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I am glad they totaled it, it sucks getting into an accident when it's not your fault. They fix it but it'll never be the same on top of that, it's hard to sell with a blemish on the car. You need to replaced it with something better. The MB is a great DD but it'll never compare to a Porsche 911.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by SecretAsianMan
Ouch!!

First things first: glad you're ok. I was in an accident years ago that left my back in rough shape. Whiplash is serious business.
believe me man, i'm hurting bad my neck & my shoulder area still not ok and its been 3 weeks, thinking of going to get checked out actually, thought it would go away

Originally Posted by Ynot
I am glad they totaled it, it sucks getting into an accident when it's not your fault. They fix it but it'll never be the same on top of that, it's hard to sell with a blemish on the car. You need to replaced it with something better. The MB is a great DD but it'll never compare to a Porsche 911.
accident was 100% my fault

Old 09-15-2013, 11:47 PM
997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough997pinoy911 is a jewel in the rough
Glad nothing seriously hurt. Go see a chiropractor to help you feel better. Did you replace your LED lights back to OEM? Glad to hear Geico stepped it up, I have that too!

Old 09-15-2013, 11:49 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
If I were you I would have to be telling myself that an IMS failure was right around the corner and therefore you made out BIG with that ins check!!!

As far as the Benz goes, not my style but since it looks like you saw an opportunity for some cash and took it, more props to you! Glad you can own up to the accident as well.

Good luck with the new car-
John

Old 09-16-2013, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by Perk10
If I were you I would have to be telling myself that an IMS failure was right around the corner and therefore you made out BIG with that ins check!!!

As far as the Benz goes, not my style but since it looks like you saw an opportunity for some cash and took it, more props to you! Glad you can own up to the accident as well.

Good luck with the new car-
John

I dont really buy into that IMS failure BS....its a small percentage of cars it happens to, the car was also still certified till next month...

The benz i really NEVER thought was my style either till i drove one, but that new interior & new engine impressed me & of course all the upto date 2012 technology is nice to have + Can't complain putting almost half the $$ from the porsche into the bank and still driving and nice car..after my AAPL & other stock market failures over the past year, this all turned out well lol

Old 09-16-2013, 08:39 AM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
Tarek, i like the Benz, nice choice.

Wished i could got hold of those LED/DRL :-)

Old 09-16-2013, 09:00 AM
BLKPPR is infamous around these parts
Glad you are OK as was the other driver. IF you did manage to pull some of your mods off the car list them on here. I may be interested in some of them(I am sure others are as well).
Good luck with your new car

Old 09-16-2013, 09:04 AM
RON1X is infamous around these partsRON1X is infamous around these parts
The first thing is that no one was terribly injured! Wow, absolutely gorgeous 997... The C class has always been a great DD, my wife had one and I loved it, but damn you gotta miss that 997! I'm sure you will get another one soon

Old 09-16-2013, 09:36 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
While I was waiting for my 997 to get out of service one day, I drove the c250 and bought it on the spot. Great torque for zipping around.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Totaled my 997S *Pics* & big thanks to GEICO insurance