997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Chassis flex? any chassis bar or product to reduce flex?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 06:09 AM
jeffrec is infamous around these parts
socalsteve...I have a 2009 C2S and have had similar issues since buying the car in September 2012. I have applied rubber conditioner to to all door and window trim as well as around the sunroof, however, I still get a creaking/squeaking noise from somewhere around the rear window passenger side whenever I drive over an uneven surface and the body has to flex. I have posted this on Rennlist, however, never received any good recommendations. At this point with a four year old car I am just learning to live with it. If you figure it out I would appreciate a personal post with any suggestions. Good luck!!!

Old 10-16-2013, 07:33 AM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Just sharing my experience with my p car which seem to be similar to what the op is experiencing. Not intended for anyone in particular, inteded for all to read. This has been an experience which hopefully might help someone. And no it was not me who found out where the squeaks were coming from. It was the dealer.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:09 AM
mike2016 is infamous around these parts
I can hear the squeaks clearly every time i go over bumps, it's within the cabin for sure. it seems like the headliner and the area around it is making the noise. my RS does not have a sunroof not sure if that's the problem. but hearing the noise several times a day is very annoying.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I never had any issues with my 09 CS2 or 11 GTS. Squeaks can be a real pain to solve.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:27 AM
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
Sunroof?

Old 10-17-2013, 03:15 PM
jrancic2000 is infamous around these parts
MY 2012 C has squeaked around the sunroof since new

Originally Posted by slicky rick
Sunroof?
Mostly noticeable when backing in to driveway which is on a slight downhill slope and curvy.

I think I will try some rubber conditioner.
There is a japanese product Shin-Etsu Grease that comes in a tube that I have used on My old S2000 that was amazing.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:49 PM
socalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to allsocalsteve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by jeffrec
socalsteve...I have a 2009 C2S and have had similar issues since buying the car in September 2012. I have applied rubber conditioner to to all door and window trim as well as around the sunroof, however, I still get a creaking/squeaking noise from somewhere around the rear window passenger side whenever I drive over an uneven surface and the body has to flex. I have posted this on Rennlist, however, never received any good recommendations. At this point with a four year old car I am just learning to live with it. If you figure it out I would appreciate a personal post with any suggestions. Good luck!!!
Going in on Saturday...sounds like we have very similar issues...if they fix it, I will let you know how.

Old 10-18-2013, 03:22 AM
mike2016 is infamous around these parts
in my case, the noise mostly came from the head liner, because if i poke it i can feel it's loose and generate similar noise. but i also hear noise from the back side panels sometimes. the car definitely flexes when going over uneven surface / speed bumps or steep drive ways when you have to go side ways and lift one wheel.

i wish someone makes chassis bar products. there's a lot of these "bars" for JDM cars, and they significantly reduce the flex.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:26 AM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
The market for strut tower braces and such is for the track folks and aggressive street people. Most track people and many of the street people have full roll cages installed. Roll cages add safety and stiffen up the chassis, especially in the rear.

Rennline makes a pair of strut tower braces. I have a set waiting to be installed. It's not a very popular option though given how stiff the chassis is to begin with.
http://www.rennline.com/Strut-Braces/products/229/

Old 03-23-2014, 05:02 PM
y2kgixxer is infamous around these parts
Check Ebay. for 997 brace. Ultra Racing.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTRA-RACING...afab54&vxp=mtr

Old 03-24-2014, 11:01 AM
Westgate997 is infamous around these parts
My cab squeaks a lot from where the roof meets the windshield when the top is up and going diagonal, like entering a subterranean garage at an angle (turning in). Tried to lube it no dice.