997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

exlamation point appearing warning light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2013 | 02:25 PM
|
porschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really nice
exlamation point appearing warning light

can anyone tell me what the warning light that looks like an exclamation point is on a 2008? Comes up when the flat tire warning light appears. TPMS light comes on all the time but i don't care about it. I check with gauge every few days as the car is my wife's DD and she wouldn't know if the tire was gone altogether.

Old 10-21-2013 | 02:51 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
I get the exclamation point even when my gas light comes on. I think it's used for all warning as a reminder after you click off the warning light.

Old 10-21-2013 | 02:51 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by porschelady
can anyone tell me what the warning light that looks like an exclamation point is on a 2008? Comes up when the flat tire warning light appears. TPMS light comes on all the time but i don't care about it. I check with gauge every few days as the car is my wife's DD and she wouldn't know if the tire was gone altogether.
It's called a Central Warning Light -

The central warning light on the instrument panel lights up if there are warning messages in the INFO menu.

The messages can be called in the on-board computer INFO menu:

Please see the chapter “INFO WARNING MESSAGES” on Page 134

You'll have to look at that owner's manual - lots of good info.

Old 10-21-2013 | 03:15 PM
|
porschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really nice
thanks. We've had the car for about a month and love it and I've been wading through the owner's manual bit by bit.

Old 10-22-2013 | 02:13 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
As mentioned, its just a reminder that the info messages in the computer will show you what the issue is.

I would, however, get the TPMS system addressed. Could be the sensor batteries are all at end of life so the sensors need replacing (next tire replacement or asap). If you are only cruising around town, the TPMS ins't buying you much. If you drive it at speed, the info is critical as very bad things can happen if you do get a puncture and don't slow down because the TPMS system has been on warning mode for weeks.