997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.2 Throttle Lag Off Idle?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 05:54 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Wheeler
Followed the instructions from the other post and it's noticeably better!! Seems to jump up in rpm quicker right off the bottom and no bog/lag. Just popping the dead pedal shows it's not lagging as much. The throttle in normal mode seems more responsive when driving as well. Sport is...well...sporty as usual.

Turn ignition to on (switch position 1) for 60 seconds then off (switch position 3) for 5 seconds then back to switch position 1 (ignition on) for 15 seconds - during process you do not turn the switch to position 2 (start engine). After the last 15 second step key is returned to position 3. Here are the starter switch position steps: 1-3-1-3.

I did lift the engine hatch to see if I could hear it doing anything. The first time I did it I was sitting in the driver seat and THOUGHT I heard something (but it also could have been my neighbor, so I scowled at him and stared him down as the garage door descended). Then I put the window down and did the procedure through the window so I could go back to the engine area and hear it. Sure enough about 25 seconds in I did hear the throttle body move around for a few seconds. For the record I did all of this on a total cold car.
I did the reset and 30 sec into the 60 sec cycle I heard the adjustment and then again during the last 15 sec cycle. I did mine from outside the car with the hood open so I could hear it.

Old 10-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Wheeler is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cerbomark
I did the reset and 30 sec into the 60 sec cycle I heard the adjustment and then again during the last 15 sec cycle. I did mine from outside the car with the hood open so I could hear it.
Okay...I thought I heard something again at that same point, but I was just just standing near the driver window, so wasn't sure (and that damn neighbor was still making noise!). I wasn't exactly sure how critical the EXACT times were in this process.

I'm thinking maybe of doing battery unhook, full reset as well...hoping a turbo shows up under the hood upon reboot.

I am curious if this is something the dealer would do, if this is some actual "procedure"?? Is this something that could be done with a Durametric for instance?

Last edited by Wheeler; 10-28-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:03 PM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
Okay...I thought I heard something again at that same point, but I was just just standing near the driver window, so wasn't sure (and that damn neighbor was still making noise!). I wasn't exactly sure how critical the EXACT times were in this process.

I'm thinking maybe of doing battery unhook, full reset as well...hoping a turbo shows up under the hood upon reboot.
well don t expect to hear too much. It just sounds like a few clicking sounds and maybe movement of the throttle linkage.
I had a wall clock in the garage and counted out the 5 sec cycle. Think you need be close not perfect.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:46 PM
Wheeler is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cerbomark
well don t expect to hear too much. It just sounds like a few clicking sounds and maybe movement of the throttle linkage.
I had a wall clock in the garage and counted out the 5 sec cycle. Think you need be close not perfect.
Did you drive your car afterward?

Old 10-28-2013, 07:58 PM
Did you drive your car afterward?
No, just playin here online and saw this thread...

I will report back here after I do. But I had no complaints before.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:30 AM
Drove the car this morning and it feels about the same , which is good.
Wonder if anyone has more detailed info on this function; does it loose calibration? what is it actually doing? Maybe it never needs to be touched unless there is an issue? Can it be off a little or a lot or is it either right or wrong? Etc....