997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Does clock reset itself ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Does clock reset itself ?

Ok, I had removed negtive battery cable disconnected for couple days waiting Coil pacs. So pacs are in, everything buttoned up, take the car for a spin to make sure all is normal. Look at the clock to determine time,because I don't work on the car with a watch on, it says 6:05 pm. Then I remember that battery was disconnected so time can't be correct. Few minutes pass, look at the clock again, it shows 4:35 pm. So I'm thinking what's that all about. Car's running fine, no codes, go home, put the car in the garage, look at wall clock to compare to dash clock and the time is correct at about 4:45. So the car sets it's own clock after a battery disconnect ? Where is that in the owners manual ?

Old 11-13-2013, 07:02 PM
wc11 has a spectacular aura aboutwc11 has a spectacular aura about
Just a wild guess here but I assume you have navigation?
If yes, then the GPS is triangulating to figure out where you are and automatically sets the clock based on your time zone.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:05 PM
MYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really niceMYC2SPC is just really nice
I know it does not adjust automatically with daylight savings time...

Old 11-13-2013, 08:23 PM
slick911 has a spectacular aura aboutslick911 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by wc11
If yes, then the GPS is triangulating to figure out where you are and automatically sets the clock based on your time zone.
This sounds right. I just swapped my gauge face. The clock adjusted itself after the cluster was reconnected.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:47 AM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
Mine can't even keep time let alone reset itself.

Matt

Old 11-14-2013, 09:53 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Has nav but was unaware it would set the clock. Have had more than one car with nav and none of them ever set the clock for me. Good to know that clock is always correct. But still have to reset for DST.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:53 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dadio
Has nav but was unaware it would set the clock. Have had more than one car with nav and none of them ever set the clock for me. Good to know that clock is always correct. But still have to reset for DST.
You do have to reset for DST, but it is a simple process, at least on the 997.2. I think it was this way on my 997.1 also. You have go into the PCM settings and select or deselect, whichever is appropriate, the DST button. Very simple. No need to actually manually adjust the hours and minutes.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:45 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GS997S
You do have to reset for DST, but it is a simple process, at least on the 997.2. I think it was this way on my 997.1 also. You have go into the PCM settings and select or deselect, whichever is appropriate, the DST button. Very simple. No need to actually manually adjust the hours and minutes.
It's actually easier and faster and accomplishes the same task by just using the adjust button on the dash - push and hold until the hour number flashes, twist **** once to the right for DST or once to the left for ST - you're done. I find navigating the PCM menus to be tedious.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:41 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
Mine can't even keep time let alone reset itself.

Matt
LMAO Thanks Matt, I needed that.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:58 PM
Minok has a spectacular aura aboutMinok has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by GOLENJEEPTJ
I know it does not adjust automatically with daylight savings time...
Thats one of the most annoying aspects.. that the GPS system can tell you where you are and the care cannot auto-adjust for summer time / daylight savings time.

All the car needs is a shortwave antenna to receive the atomic clock info on in/out of summer time, and it could adjust itself that way as well (like my watch and some house clocks do since at lest the 1980's)