997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Keeping both my 911's, but just ordered a Stingray

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 07:08 AM
jacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nicejacques1960 is just really nice
It's a logical decision, but it still doesn't feel right

Old 11-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
I saw a red on black one parked last night and I took a nice long look at it. It looks awesome and the corvette has been a serious performance car for the last few generations. From what I've read the build quality has been improved to try and grab a more upscale market. I guess it's working. Congrats and send pictures when it arrives.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:48 AM
PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !PTParks Is a GOD !
I wish I was in the position to have both. I played around on the Chevrolet "Build Your Corvette" site and built a Cyber Grey with red stripes and red and black interior with all the bells and whistles I could add and still barely broke $72K listed. The Corvette has always been the performance bargain of the class and now with their attention to detail and content it gets even better. Congratulations on the new purchase.

Old 11-17-2013, 09:45 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PTParks
I wish I was in the position to have both. I played around on the Chevrolet "Build Your Corvette" site and built a Cyber Grey with red stripes and red and black interior with all the bells and whistles I could add and still barely broke $72K listed. The Corvette has always been the performance bargain of the class and now with their attention to detail and content it gets even better. Congratulations on the new purchase.
Wife did the same thing... except she got the green. I haven't seen her this excited about a car since her last 911.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:29 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
I love my 997 but the Corvette C7 is the total package, attractive exterior and interior, high quality materials and great handling. Congrats to you. Looking forward to your reviews Cattman once you have your new Vette. It will be very interesting to see the comparisons with your pcars.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:58 PM
stevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura aboutstevefrommn has a spectacular aura about
I have had 5 Corvette's my first in 1963 I sold my last when I got my first 911 in 1999.
My last Vette was a 87 and had a 40 ft turning radius. Since I drive my cars on the street and not the track nimble is important. The Porsche's have just been more fun to drive.
I will test drive the new Vette to see if they get it. The turning radius on the new Vette is not 40 ft anymore but it is longer than our Porsche's. The new rear wheel steering on the GT3 and Turbo takes them back to 993 territory. I pay no attention to the mags or the media I'll have to drive one to see if I would switch back. I'm not as worried about reliability as Chevys are cheep to fix.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:05 PM
cab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud of
With all the electronics, it may not be that cheap.....of course, cheaper than a Porsche.

I just watched Top Gear. I guess the engineers used the 911 as the one to match/beat!

Can't wait to see the comparison/reviews!

Old 11-17-2013, 10:35 PM
PSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond reputePSPorsche has a reputation beyond repute
Congratulations!! Makes me miss my C5 Hardtop. Porsche 911 and Corvette both have great heritage and are amazing vehicles.

Old 11-18-2013, 12:54 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Congrats !

can't wait to see the pics and hear ur review

Old 11-19-2013, 07:16 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
A friend just drove one and said it was pretty fantastic, even in back to back comparison with a ZR1. Car is just so much better on the inside and has a more solid feel - it makes paying an extra $15-20k for a ZR1 seem like a waste of money.

Anxious to hear how these are. They look very derivative, but in a good way. The fronts look like a 458/599 and the rears have that Aventadorish look. All the right queues from Porsche, like an Alcantara headliner and full leather dash. Nice carbon options and painted calipers (although the calipers I saw on a car were not painted perfectly). So easy to check every box and still get away at $72k. I love my turbo, but this will be interesting. Love the tintcoat colors too. I'll be waiting until used ones appear...

Old 11-19-2013, 07:53 AM
Mcjimmy33 is infamous around these parts
I want a ride in ATL when you get it! I actually wanted to purchase a 2014 stingray and could have had one in the fall (Days Chevrolet in Acworth) but the dealership would not take a penny less than MSRP. Days even participates in true car pricing and that is what I asked for, and they would not honor it. It was about 3k less than MSRP for a Z51 1LT. So, I walked and bought a 2008 C2S. I love both cars and was really torn between deciding on the two.

Old 11-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Wheeler is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ryem3
... and the rears have that Aventadorish look.
Or...CAMARO'ish look.

That's the ONE thing that I'm having a hell of a time getting over is why they did the rear end that way. It's a Camaro, plain and simple. I can't imagine they didn't get all kinds of push back on that internally when designing. Seems to be the number 1 issue with purist corvette guys. But I really loved the C5 and didn't care for the C6...then ended up embracing the look of it. So...

Old 11-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
As long as there are no gold chains with the "Vette" I think it's great :-)

Old 11-19-2013, 09:13 AM
FullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud ofFullThrottle64 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Mcjimmy33
I want a ride in ATL when you get it! I actually wanted to purchase a 2014 stingray and could have had one in the fall (Days Chevrolet in Acworth) but the dealership would not take a penny less than MSRP. Days even participates in true car pricing and that is what I asked for, and they would not honor it. It was about 3k less than MSRP for a Z51 1LT. So, I walked and bought a 2008 C2S. I love both cars and was really torn between deciding on the two.
Funny - I ended up doing the exact same thing, looking at a new Z51 and then buying a '08 C2S. There's a pattern here.

Old 11-19-2013, 10:47 AM
fjr_wertheimber has a spectacular aura aboutfjr_wertheimber has a spectacular aura about
I will say, having seen a C7 for the first time (in white, actually) on the road, I was VERY impressed by the overall look (first Corvette that looked "exotic" to me) and the performance... but honestly, still not impressed by the materials. For how exotic it looked, as I got closer to it the plastics they used look very cheap to me. Honestly, it looked like a cheaper version of the GT-R to me. Just my $.02, YMMV. Still, light years ahead of where the 'Vette has been for years.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Keeping both my 911's, but just ordered a Stingray