997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Keeping both my 911's, but just ordered a Stingray

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Mcjimmy33 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fjr_wertheimber
I will say, having seen a C7 for the first time (in white, actually) on the road, I was VERY impressed by the overall look (first Corvette that looked "exotic" to me) and the performance... but honestly, still not impressed by the materials. For how exotic it looked, as I got closer to it the plastics they used look very cheap to me. Honestly, it looked like a cheaper version of the GT-R to me. Just my $.02, YMMV. Still, light years ahead of where the 'Vette has been for years.

I dont understand why people keep knocking the materials. As someone noted on here, a loaded up one costs less than 75k. You can aqueeze into a base one at 50k. Someone else find me a 450hp car that can be daily driven with good gas mileage, a trunk, and a track ready car for those prices? If it costs 50k less than a 911 you need to expect some compromises. The vette is all about a value buy, the engineers put the money more on the performance side vs interior quailty. Even a gt-r is 100k, so yes, it is a cheaper gt-r. Whats wrong with that?

Old 11-19-2013, 01:46 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
What is your address? I'll send you some fuzzy dice. I think the C7 is a good looking car, certainly thought about it. This time next year, my whole neighborhood will be full of them like when the C6 came out. It will no longer feel special, even my 8 year of 997 feels special around my neighborhood. That didn't stop me from wanting a C6 but I couldn't live with the cheap looking interior.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:16 PM
NeunElf is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ynot
What is your address? I'll send you some fuzzy dice. I think the C7 is a good looking car, certainly thought about it. This time next year, my whole neighborhood will be full of them like when the C6 came out. It will no longer feel special, even my 8 year of 997 feels special around my neighborhood. That didn't stop me from wanting a C6 but I couldn't live with the cheap looking interior.
Good one!

Another benefit of the 'vette is just imagine the high level chats you can have with all of the pickem-up truckers at your next dealer service!

Last edited by NeunElf; 11-19-2013 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-19-2013, 03:24 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
So wait, if we get a Corvette, we must associate with a lower form of life?

Old 11-20-2013, 07:03 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ynot
That's exactly right. The neighborhoods will be full of them, they will be a dime a dozen. Should be an INCREDIBLY good used car value. Look at the buzz and discussion now and the dealers are not even getting over sticker.

If you check the C7 interior compared to the C6, there is a world of difference. When all the buzz calms down, I'd love to drive one. Amazing to note is that the 911 is just a more versatile car. You can carry a third person in a pinch. Just can't do that with a vette.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:13 AM
Wheeler is infamous around these parts
I just wonder how long it will take dealers to unload the bazillion c6 cars on the lots. One dealer here has 15 still... half of them expensive 427 edition verts... great looking car BTW. This new one is pretty pricey especially at MSRP compared to the c6. Sure it's a bargain compared to a 911 price wise but there will be lots of them leaving the lot this time next year for $55k I'm guessing. Then again that new 991 leaving the lot at $125k is worth what $95k in a year? Relative I suppose.

Old 11-20-2013, 08:50 AM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
c7 z51

I was at Monticello in late Sept. and got seat time w/ the 7-speed manual and rev match running; car had asymmetric tire layout. The rev system is extraordinary, the Pilot SS rubber great. That said the Track has flawless tarmac so understanding how the car will perform on the open road has to be determined. Though controlled by the 'instructors' I found a chance to break loose the rear and get the rubber to spin from 2nd to 3rd. The balance of the chassis is evident around three different track loops.

I'd reserve full applause pending an unrestricted road test. Oh and the automatic is untenable. The materials were better then the zr1 I reviewed 3 yrs ago but there is no way a fully load Vette will reach the 997 fit and finish during this model. Note to regular track drivers: the head clearance w/ a helmet is real tight.

Last edited by LPpfs997; 11-20-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:12 AM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
The day I stepped onto America soil, the Chevrolet Corvette was my dream car.

However i never have own a Chevy in my entire life, the 2014 Sting ray has evolves into American finest sport car. However, I don't see myself driving one anytime soon.

Seem like there are vettes in every street corner and the drivers are in the 20s. I want to separate from the crowd a bit...that is just me.

Wouldn't be a bad toy to have though...if money isn't an object.

Old 11-20-2013, 10:36 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tphan

Seem like there are vettes in every street corner and the drivers are in the 20s. ....
I guess it all depends on where you live... The majority of 'Vette owners in my neck of the woods are 50-60+.

Corvettes sell well, not because of the stigma attached to them, but because they are great performance cars. Americans love going fast. I'd say the reason 'Vettes pop up everywhere, is it because it is designed to meet the needs of the typical American car enthusiast.

It's hard to beat them at what they do.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
I put $1k down toward my order, which came to $68,450 at MSRP, not a penny over. Of course, it's being built for me with my order specs, so I will consider myself lucky to receive it by March.
CATTMAN
Bowling Green Kentucky is not that far away from you in Atlanta. While watching your Pcar being built might have been inconvenient and costly, a trip to Bowling Green to see your Vet being built would be worth the drive.

Old 11-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Carnut12 is infamous around these parts
Congrats, I thought about one as well, never know. As of now I am very Happy with my 2010 C2S.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:51 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I'd say it does depend a lot on where you live, I see 20 911's for every corvette.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:12 AM
Wheeler is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by MrPrice
I'd say it does depend a lot on where you live, I see 20 911's for every corvette.
For sure! Very few 911's around KC...very few anything really, even seeing a vette will catch my eye. Just not a big car scene compared to other cities I've been to. Although the last few years a few more exotics have shown up, one guy not far from me daily driving a 458...always a pleasure to see on the road, especially on a cold or crappy day.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:52 AM
Originally Posted by Wheeler
For sure! Very few 911's around KC...very few anything really, even seeing a vette will catch my eye. Just not a big car scene compared to other cities I've been to. Although the last few years a few more exotics have shown up, one guy not far from me daily driving a 458...always a pleasure to see on the road, especially on a cold or crappy day.
I'd say that it isn't the 'scene' that matters, as much as I'd speculate that historically, people with Ferrari's in their garages still drive the Camry to work. It isn't until recent times have the reliability (and lower maintenance costs) have helped increase the drivability of some special cars.

One of the many reasons I like the C7/R35 type of cars. There is little to deal with for everyday driving.

Old 11-21-2013, 08:16 AM
kagangen is infamous around these parts
I drove the car on a track. Amazing vehicle and I put down an order on one but then reconsidered after finding out that you cannot lease the car. No way I am going to buy one of these things new for 68-69k and then have it drop by at least 20k in value after I drive it off the lot. Trading in my E92 M3 for an 09 or 10 C4S. Same money, same performance, porsche quality and cachet and less depreciation.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Keeping both my 911's, but just ordered a Stingray