997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I took my car in for service...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 04:50 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Makes sense^^ but i also feel the OP they should atleast get a car thats worthy not some pinto. Maybe the OP see's clients hey in some business yes a nice car is important it is what it is (no snobbness) just life

Old 12-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Sandspur is infamous around these parts
Just had my 997.2 in for regular service. When I called for the appointment, was told next available Porsche loaner was two weeks out. I opted to bring it in the next day and they rented me a car ( happened to be a Corolla). It was nice to have the choice.

Old 12-11-2013, 08:41 PM
eldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to beholdeldertec is a splendid one to behold
I was given a New Cayenne, it was warranty work. Not sure about regular stuff.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:03 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by chiroporsche
I had an apt to take my car in for a routine 2 year maintenance and to have the PDK looked at as I have been getting overheating notices on the dash. I purchased and took the car in for service at Reeve's in Tampa. Despite having me on their books for this apt for over a week and telling my wife that I'd get a Cayman as a loaner, they gave me a Chevy Captiva. Needless to say that this car is a POS. When I take my BMW in for service they give me a BMW loaner. When I had a G37, Inifiniti gave me an Infiniti. My friends with Mercedes get Mercedes when they take their cars in for service. Yet somehow if I take a Carerra in, Reeve's Porsche seems to think that a Captiva will suffice. I don't get it. I have purchased 2 new Porsche's from them in the past 4 years. Perhaps next time I will take my car in for service at Bert Smith in
St. Pete. Perhaps I will buy a 991 at Bert Smith. Not good business sense from Reeve's. I am one unhappy customer...
Sounds like you're in good standing with the sales department but what kind of relationship do you have with your service advisor? I tip my guy generously and chat a bit about whatever he wants to talk about every time I drop off the car.

These guys can make a difference in a lot of situations depending on how hard they feel like trying. I'm sure luck plays a role too but I've never had a warranty claim denied over 5 years with two 997's. Worst I ever did with a loaner was an Audi S4 and he called in the morning apologizing that the Cayenne he had promised wouldn't be available until the next day. My choice.

Old 12-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Hella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud ofHella-Buggin' has much to be proud of
My dealer has only a few loaners and they offer when they have it. If they're out they offer me a voucher at enterprise for a free car or I have the option to upgrade. I'm fine with that. As long as I can get home and back again that's all I need. I have other cars of my own at home to drive.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:14 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
My dealer usually asks me what I'd like to drive when I go in for service. Sometimes I go with a Porsche and other times I'll take a Toyota. It depends on what I need to do that day.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:04 AM
neos281 has a spectacular aura aboutneos281 has a spectacular aura about
Op, I completely understand where you're coming from and it may not be so much that you (deserve) an equivalent/similar vehicle but you're obviously a car enthusiast as you drive a 911 so you expect something equal to replace your vehicle while its getting serviced. Some might see this as entitlement and say you should be grateful for what the dealer offers you but the dealership should really look into investing in a FULL fleet of loaner vehicles that will benefit their clientele as well as themselves.

For anyone in DFW, I don't know how they do it but Park Place has an extremely large fleet of Cayenne's that they loan out to customers. If for some reason they run out (of which I have yet to experience), you are going to get into a new C-Class from Park Place Benz next door. I have noticed that once these cars get up to 9/10K miles, they turn around and sell them as CPO for around $55K-59K and these cars list brand new for slightly over $60K (with the options Park Place chooses). Not sure what their discount is on invoice pricing when they purchase these in bulk but they have to be making money from getting customers interested in alternatives, creating an amazing experience for the customer (this is most important), and turning around and selling these cayennes for a profit still.

Don't feel bad for wanting a loaner that is similar/equal to what you are dropping off at the dealership. Now that I have moved to Seattle, I only hope that Barrier Porsche will provide the same experience.

-Jarred

Last edited by neos281; 12-12-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:03 AM
porschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really nice
I'd rather wreck a Subaru loaner than a porsche. Every dealership i've gotten a loaner from requires my insurance card. I don't know, but I expect insurance companies may levy a heavier penalty towards future premiums on higher value losses.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:55 AM
sixgun95 is infamous around these parts
I agree with the OP. If your a loaner is given it should be near the same class. My dealer has always given me a Cayenne or Panamera (North Scottdale). If all the loaners are out then its Enterprise on them. But a Captiva? I would of been mad also.

Old 12-13-2013, 03:09 AM
yoda888 is infamous around these parts
My cousin brought his clk430 in for service at his local MB dealer. They have him a SL550 as a loaner car. Guess what he did when he went to pick up his clk? Yup he said "I want the SL in black when can you get me one?"

Pretty good marketing. I'm sure it's a low conversion rate for buyers like that. But he traded in his clk as well so the dealer flipped that for money as well.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:20 AM
Wheeler is infamous around these parts
So are loaners just for new car clients? Do you have to qualify for a loaner...like my car is CPO...do I just ask for a loaner?? I know it doesn't hurt to ask, but wasn't sure what the protocol is.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:11 AM
AZPete is infamous around these parts
I go to Porsche of North Scottsdale as well. CPO warranty work is a P car loaner. Out of warranty=non P car loaner.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Wheeler is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by AZPete
I go to Porsche of North Scottsdale as well. CPO warranty work is a P car loaner. Out of warranty=non P car loaner.
Thanks! I wish that was my dealer. Not sure I would need a loaner. I could just roam around there all day and finagle test drives. :-D

Old 12-13-2013, 07:42 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
There are people out of work or riding a bus to work at a minimum wage job, and we complain because we didn't get the same class of car we deserve when we take our Porsches in for service and had to drive a Chevy. My state (Arkansas) doesn't even HAVE a dealer, so I use a great indy shop. No donuts, no TV, no loaner car, and bad coffee, But they do GREAT work, let me watch if I want, and they charge reasonable rates for the work they do. I feel blessed that I'm able to afford a Porsche, have a roof over my head, don't go hungry unless I want to, am on good terms with my family, and have good health.

This is a perfect example of a "First world problem" in my opinion. Sorry if you disagree.

Old 12-13-2013, 07:55 AM
tiyyara is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JB in AR
There are people out of work or riding a bus to work at a minimum wage job, and we complain because we didn't get the same class of car we deserve when we take our Porsches in for service and had to drive a Chevy. My state (Arkansas) doesn't even HAVE a dealer, so I use a great indy shop. No donuts, no TV, no loaner car, and bad coffee, But they do GREAT work, let me watch if I want, and they charge reasonable rates for the work they do. I feel blessed that I'm able to afford a Porsche, have a roof over my head, don't go hungry unless I want to, am on good terms with my family, and have good health.

This is a perfect example of a "First world problem" in my opinion. Sorry if you disagree.
You are correct, but also we can say there are people in the world that do not have food and you should eat only half of what is on your plate and donate the rest.
Yes, it is a first world problem. Most of us on this forum drive cars that can feed several families for years in the third world.
But I think the discussion here is not about the "universal" concept of a loaner car.
What the OP said is, I took my car for service and got a car that was below my expectations, am I right to be annoyed or not?
And as with many issues sounds like it is a 50/50

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I took my car in for service...