997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I took my car in for service...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2013, 08:01 AM
ctrusa is infamous around these parts
Generally speaking, I am over Reeve's service in Tampa. I've had too many issues and just don't go there anymore. From where I'm at, it doesn't even matter what loaner they would provide or not; I'm in there for service, not to test drive and can't afford to keep going back for the same service over and over, and over...

Old 12-13-2013, 08:31 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
I really do not care what they give me as a loaner so long as it is clean and runs.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:49 PM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tiyyara
You are correct, but also we can say there are people in the world that do not have food and you should eat only half of what is on your plate and donate the rest.
Yes, it is a first world problem. Most of us on this forum drive cars that can feed several families for years in the third world.
But I think the discussion here is not about the "universal" concept of a loaner car.
What the OP said is, I took my car for service and got a car that was below my expectations, am I right to be annoyed or not?
And as with many issues sounds like it is a 50/50
Then my answer would be "Yes, you have the "right" to be annoyed, but suck it up and put it in perspective." If they gave him a 7 YO crapmobile full of trash and cigarette butts, then I would be on his side 100%. He's obviously already made his decision to take his business elsewhere, and that's his prerogative as well. Peace out.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:09 PM
It's all a matter of perspective, but if you want to push the "don't complain, look at what you've got" opinion, then having a computer, internet and even running (drinkable!) water for that matter.
So yes; anyone with a Porsche is very lucky as compared to the World as a whole - I don't think anyone was debating this.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Banned
JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !JB in AR Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ctrusa
It's all a matter of perspective, but if you want to push the "don't complain, look at what you've got" opinion, then having a computer, internet and even running (drinkable!) water for that matter.
So yes; anyone with a Porsche is very lucky as compared to the World as a whole - I don't think anyone was debating this.
Apples to coconuts comparison.

Point is that a courtesy car is just that, a courtesy, and the option might have been to say, "Look, I really would like to have a Porsche to drive while my car is in for service, so let's schedule for a different day when one is available. When can you get me in?" Dealers have a limited number of service loaners to provide to customers, and sometimes they run into a situation that they themselves prefer not to be in, either - running out of cars. The "you didn't loan me a Porsche, so I'm taking my business elsewhere" tact is certainly an option, but it certainly isn't an approach I'd use only based simply on not getting the level of courtesy car I expected. To each their own, I suppose.

Old 12-14-2013, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by JB in AR
Apples to coconuts comparison.

Point is that a courtesy car is just that, a courtesy, and the option might have been to say, "Look, I really would like to have a Porsche to drive while my car is in for service, so let's schedule for a different day when one is available. When can you get me in?" Dealers have a limited number of service loaners to provide to customers, and sometimes they run into a situation that they themselves prefer not to be in, either - running out of cars. The "you didn't loan me a Porsche, so I'm taking my business elsewhere" tact is certainly an option, but it certainly isn't an approach I'd use only based simply on not getting the level of courtesy car I expected. To each their own, I suppose.

Completely agree with that. I personally don't expect a Porsche when taking in for service. If it happens, good. I think putting me in a Panamera when we were shopping for a car for my wife, would've been a wise idea actually on the dealer part.

Just that bringing up people riding on buses to go to minimum paying jobs and to not complain, is a bit apples to coconuts as well.

I would personally prefer your option of GREAT indy shop doing GREAT work than going to a dealership over and over for the same problem. Only so many donuts and so many loaner cars I can take until it gets old!

Old 12-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by ctrusa
Completely agree with that. I personally don't expect a Porsche when taking in for service. If it happens, good. I think putting me in a Panamera when we were shopping for a car for my wife, would've been a wise idea actually on the dealer part.

Just that bringing up people riding on buses to go to minimum paying jobs and to not complain, is a bit apples to coconuts as well.

I would personally prefer your option of GREAT indy shop doing GREAT work than going to a dealership over and over for the same problem. Only so many donuts and so many loaner cars I can take until it gets old!
Well, if it's a new car, and you have the same problem addressed without success after several attempts, you may have a "lemon law" in your state that requires the dealer to buy back the car. It may not be the incompetence of the technician; it may be that your car has an inherent issue that simply can't be fixed.

Old 12-14-2013, 02:27 PM
2fnquik is infamous around these parts
My dealer loans out Audis. I've been given a Q5 both times my car has been in for service. My MB dealership gives us an ML350 when my wife's GL goes in. We got a 2014 ML at our last service, and had to upgrade to a new GL.. they stepped up the interior so much that when we got back in our 2009 GL it seemed horribly dated!

Old 12-14-2013, 02:37 PM
J.Seven is infamous around these parts
How about your PDK problems, any feedback from dealer?

Old 12-15-2013, 04:21 AM
kkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nicekkswow12 is just really nice
just for maybe perspective and a different methodology on dealer's part... took my 2008 in for brake flush, didn't buy the car there, stop in and chat about cars once in a while, they said the car will be ready in 2 hours, just have the new 991 cab back by closing...I said thank you and returned @ closing with a smile and a thank you, cost 80 euros...still don[t get it, and I actually had my choice of the cab or a turbo panamera...maybe they just like me, I have no idea,

Old 12-15-2013, 02:57 PM
Banned
Sweet!

Old 12-15-2013, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by JB in AR
Well, if it's a new car, and you have the same problem addressed without success after several attempts, you may have a "lemon law" in your state that requires the dealer to buy back the car. It may not be the incompetence of the technician; it may be that your car has an inherent issue that simply can't be fixed.
Changing dealerships solved the issue. Definitely not a Lemon Law candidate. Anyway long story, but some dealerships are definitely better than others or simply care more.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:04 PM
chiroporsche is infamous around these parts
I'm out of the Captiva and back into my beloved Carrera. I made the switch, back on Fri. I actually should say that I really like Reeve's Porsche. They've alway been good to me. I was just annoyed that I took an apt a week after I called b/c they told me that I could have a '14 Cayman and then gave me a Captiva. They could have given me a Bimmer or Audi since they have those dealerships as well. I had an '09 Cayman S that I traded for my current car. The Cayman was a hoot! I was hoping to drive the updated version.

PDK problem turned out to be a faulty sensor. They replaced it under warranted.

On another note. I inquired c/ my salesman about the possibility of getting a GT3. He said that the only way to get one is to place a deposit and hope you eventually get an allocation. He said that they already have 8 deposits and he thinks that they'll get 5 cars.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by chiroporsche
I'm out of the Captiva and back into my beloved Carrera. I made the switch, back on Fri. I actually should say that I really like Reeve's Porsche. They've alway been good to me. I was just annoyed that I took an apt a week after I called b/c they told me that I could have a '14 Cayman and then gave me a Captiva. They could have given me a Bimmer or Audi since they have those dealerships as well. I had an '09 Cayman S that I traded for my current car. The Cayman was a hoot! I was hoping to drive the updated version.

PDK problem turned out to be a faulty sensor. They replaced it under warranted.

On another note. I inquired c/ my salesman about the possibility of getting a GT3. He said that the only way to get one is to place a deposit and hope you eventually get an allocation. He said that they already have 8 deposits and he thinks that they'll get 5 cars.
If they dont get an allocation from the factory, they can check on either doing an allocation swap or a dealer trade. These are two other options for you. Good luck.