997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I took my car in for service...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 11:45 AM
chiroporsche is infamous around these parts
I took my car in for service...

I had an apt to take my car in for a routine 2 year maintenance and to have the PDK looked at as I have been getting overheating notices on the dash. I purchased and took the car in for service at Reeve's in Tampa. Despite having me on their books for this apt for over a week and telling my wife that I'd get a Cayman as a loaner, they gave me a Chevy Captiva. Needless to say that this car is a POS. When I take my BMW in for service they give me a BMW loaner. When I had a G37, Inifiniti gave me an Infiniti. My friends with Mercedes get Mercedes when they take their cars in for service. Yet somehow if I take a Carerra in, Reeve's Porsche seems to think that a Captiva will suffice. I don't get it. I have purchased 2 new Porsche's from them in the past 4 years. Perhaps next time I will take my car in for service at Bert Smith in
St. Pete. Perhaps I will buy a 991 at Bert Smith. Not good business sense from Reeve's. I am one unhappy customer...

Old 12-11-2013, 11:59 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
+1 for Bert Smith!

Old 12-11-2013, 12:14 PM
tiyyara is infamous around these parts
When you expressed your discontent, what did the service advisor say?

Old 12-11-2013, 12:57 PM
Bruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of light
Sorry to take a different view, but honestly I don't really care what they give. me. It just doesn't matter to me. Sure I would like a nice car, but really, I just don't think anything of it.

My wife was excited to wait for her oil changes at the Lexus dealer. "They have FREE bagels an coffee!" until she got her service bill.

I started taking Lexus to the local Toyota dealer and they have a lower labor rate.... yes, she sits with the great unwashed .....

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Old 12-11-2013, 01:05 PM
tiyyara is infamous around these parts
"Some people like coffee and some people like tea"

We live in a service society and when you command a significant premium over an indy mechanic, then you have to offer something to go along with it. Loaner, free bagels, coffee a smile, nice flat screen TV, mani pedi, whatever floats your boat.

But in principle, I think you should be given a loaner of an equivalent "caliber".
If it is not available, you may reschedule or decide to take it, whichever is less inconvenient to you.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:11 PM
chiroporsche is infamous around these parts
The service advisor said that the Cayman has been out on loan since last week. The service manager said that the Cayman is in the shop. For the amount of $ that they charge for service, I think that a relatively equivalent car isn't out-of-bounds. You would think that they were give you a newer car so that it makes me want to buy one. I've had this car for 2 years and that is nearing a record for me. lol

Old 12-11-2013, 02:11 PM
porschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really nice
lexus and porsche are the only dealerships that ever offered me a loaner. roger beasley porsche in austin loans a new subaru. fine with me. neighborhood crime watch hasn't called police on me yet.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:15 PM
SecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant future
Back home the local Nissan dealer offered you a bus ticket!

Old 12-11-2013, 02:31 PM
3POINT8 is infamous around these parts
go to bert smith. i had my car serviced there. great dealership.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:35 PM
slammp is infamous around these parts
I agree with the OP. Im not a snob, I finally own a porsche, albeit a used 2006. I have owned BMW, Audi, Mercedes, and Infiniti over the last 10 years and every dealer has given me a like loaner when needed. I did visit the Porsche dealer when I first got my car for a warranty repair on the RMS and got a Chevy too. Not a big deal but you are 100% right. For the dollars paid the loaner should at least be a luxury automobile - gimme an Audi, Porsche owns that too.

Look I park cars for a living (I manage parking and valet operations). If we damaged a customers car (and it happens) I rent like vehicles-not guaranteed same brand, but I am not going to give someone in a new mercedes a corolla if I need to rent them a car. That would be bad for my business reputation. Not to say damaging their vehicle in the first place is not...

Old 12-11-2013, 02:41 PM
JustinCase is infamous around these parts
As a business owner, I would view loaning out a car as a marketing opportunity. Not only can you impress and preserve your present clientele, you can sell them on the latest offerings as well. It should really be thought of as an extended test drive. The people who go into dealerships for service the most often probably are in the greatest need for a new car.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:43 PM
martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !
Funny, you buy a 100k car and get a captiva, and when I have to service my wife's 50k camaro chevrolet here in naperville Illinois has given me a fully loaded tahoe, I would guess corvettes and camaro aren't considered practical loaners, but at least they try to give you the nicest they have available, makes sense to entice you with a nice car for future purchases and not a stripped down POS.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
It was a long time ago that I got this info, but I was told that some manufacturers have special programs for loaners. That is, a dealer either gets a big discount or is given the car to use as a loaner under a certain set of strict conditions. Unlike BMW, I don't think that Porsche (PCNA) supports this sort of program (or if it does, it isn't very generous) so you get what you get. Personally, I just wait for my car whether it goes to the dealer or my Indy (but I have that luxury).

Old 12-11-2013, 03:39 PM
Swoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really niceSwoody is just really nice
I just had my GTS in for service and I got a brand new Passat with like 300 miles on the odo. It was fine I suppose BUT I was not prepared for the absolute lack of power with it floored while entering the Hwy... I am sure I got the finger from a few that were coming up from behind!!!

Old 12-11-2013, 03:46 PM
rossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud ofrossii has much to be proud of
Not sure why people are concerned with the loaner car they get. All the other manufacturers can do loaners because they make enough cars. There is also a cost involved. How much do you think it would be to have a fleet of loaner Porsches?? The average loaner fleet is around 40-60 cars. Most dealerships dont even have that many new cars in inventory to sell. Then when it comes to sell these cars how many of you would actually buy a car from a loaner fleet knowing that people have drove the ish out of them? Its easier and less costly to source this out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I took my car in for service...