997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Systems fault indicator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 08:09 PM
ACRB is infamous around these parts
Systems fault indicator

The “Systems fault” indicator came on this afternoon. Car seems to be running just fine, but it just came time for its 60K service, would this trigger the “systems fault” light? Is it safe to drive the car to get the service done. Thanks in advance for any input.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2979.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	312392  
Old 12-17-2013, 09:12 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
I had that fault once. In my case it turned out to be a bad gasket on the oil filler cap.

Old 12-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Vital5er is infamous around these parts
Search for "front control module". It's a very common fault that is usually caused by static then touching the headlights

Old 12-17-2013, 11:28 PM
Well, it seems as though it could be a number of different issues based on my limited research. I guess the problem is diagnosed by the mechanic through a computerized approach? Also, the word “Visit” is strangely reassuring. It’s not telling you to shut down everything and have the car flat bedded to the dealer.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:48 AM
spiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud ofspiffyjiff has much to be proud of
go to a pep boys or similar where they will read the codes for free (or just buy a cheap reader) and report back. then you'll have a better idea of what issue youre looking at. it doesnt "look" serious but i would find out asap just to be sure.

Old 12-20-2013, 03:29 PM
The car is going in for a full service next Friday. In the mean time, is there a list of issues that can cause "Systems Fault indicator" light to go on? I tried the Front control module test, and it doesn't seem to be that.

Old 12-27-2013, 07:37 PM
JTaylorGT has a spectacular aura aboutJTaylorGT has a spectacular aura about
ACRB - any update? I just had the same thing happen to me on my 2005 997S. The owners manual says to alter driving habits and reduce speed, and take to authorized dealer so I don't think it warrants a tow.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by JTaylorGT
ACRB - any update? I just had the same thing happen to me on my 2005 997S. The owners manual says to alter driving habits and reduce speed, and take to authorized dealer so I don't think it warrants a tow.
Yes, it was an easy fix. There was a bad contact with a terminal in the trunk. it was quickly diagnosed by the mechanic and fixed in 10 minutes.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:43 PM
tiyyara is infamous around these parts
IN the past I have read often that it came up as an error code when the front module shorted after people waxed their lights or front lid a lot, the static caused a "short"

Old 04-09-2014, 03:07 AM
amge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond reputeamge63 has a reputation beyond repute
Just had this happen as I pulled my car out of storage from the winter. Read all the threads about it and prepared for the front control module to be bad. As it turned out when the shop read the code - low voltage on my 9-year old battery. I guess I've milked it as long as I could. The car was on a battery tender during storage, so I never had any starting problems. But I was told the low voltage triggered the fault.

During my drive to the shop, the fault did clear for about a minute and then it came back on. Also the PSM light was on that it was disabled, that went away too.