997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I found it! Rear-facing car seat...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 10:01 AM
umbball is infamous around these parts
I found it! Rear-facing car seat...

I have the same dilemma as many of you. My wife is expecting our first baby. We live in Manhattan, and my 09 C2S is our only vehicle. I have been reading previous threads regarding rear-facing child seats, with not much promise.
Today, we did our research and trials, and found that the Chicco Keyfit 30 fits in the rear seat, with the base! We had to move the front passenger seat up a bit, however, my wife was still able to fit. I am 6'4, so putting the child seat behind me is not feasible. My wife is 5'6, and fit in the passenger seat with the child seat behind.
We will be buying the Uppa Baby Vista, which supposedly fits in the frunk, and is compatible with the Chicco Keyfit.
Today is one of the greatest days of my life so far...I do not need to sell my 911!!!!

Old 12-21-2013, 11:12 AM
cab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud of
Congratulations on your first child. May you find the child and parenthood as the most rewarding event as I did!

Old 12-21-2013, 11:19 AM
cab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud ofcab83_750 has much to be proud of
On a more future note, don't be surprised that you will eventually need a bigger vehicle like an SUV after accumulating must needed baby items such as the stroller, baby bags (yes, that plural), toddler trykes/bike, etc.

In the interim, watch your back when taking the baby in/out of the rear seat. That angle could be awkward and straining.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Thanks! We are very excited. I'm even more so now that I know I can keep the car.
In regards to the SUV, I'm hoping that the Macan S is fun to drive, and if so, eventually trade the Carrera in for it.
In regards to transferring the baby in and out, I intend on taking the top down and doing it that way.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:33 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
No need to trade in the Carrera at all !!!!! We have a bugaboo stroller which can be a little bulky. So we bought a Porsche roof rack system from Suncoast along with a Thule cargo box and fit the bugaboo in that. This car can be more functional than we all think. :-)

Old 12-22-2013, 08:36 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
And here is proof. This was my 08 Carrera S before the turbo. Had the recaro pro sport in back for my 2 year old at the time too...

Old 12-22-2013, 08:39 AM
Here is posting I had on RennList with pix. http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...box-black.html

Old 12-22-2013, 04:11 PM
That is pretty awesome!
Unfortunately, I have a convertible, so I can't use the Thule...

Old 12-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks bud. Was fun while we had it. Regardless, it's still awesome to be a new dad, and have a 911 cab in Manhattan. Congrats again!

Old 12-22-2013, 05:58 PM
911driver has a spectacular aura about911driver has a spectacular aura about911driver has a spectacular aura about
Congrats. As the dad of a 2.5 years old and a 7 month old, I hate to say that you may need a bigger car for the baby for the following reasons:

>> Baby will need constant attention and your wife may want to sit next to the baby at least for the first few months which means that you will need seat space at the back big enough for two.
>> It can get challenging to put a baby in a back facing seat in a car that doesn't have a door at the back.
>> You will have so much to carry with you that there will be times that you will feel like suv's don't have enough trunk space (we are at a point that I feel like my kids own the house with everything they possess and they are letting me and my wife to live with them.

The good thing is that when your baby smiles at you, you will totally forget that you had to get rid of your 911 to accommodate his/her needs and it was all worthy

Old 12-22-2013, 06:07 PM
paddyh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by umbball
Today is one of the greatest days of my life so far...I do not need to sell my 911!!!!
Indeed excellent news!!!

But a word of caution - next time you are in an airport and you see a mom/dad/family travelling with a very small kid - do quick mental math on how much of the stuff being transported is for that kid, and then do a comparison of size of stuff to size of kid. Small kids need a remarkably large amount of support equipment (bottle, bags, clothes, blankets, entertainment devices, strollers etc) and the P-car is going to be stretched to contain it all. Make sure that this is kept in mind as you acquire the additional infant transportation systems that you will need.

Good Luck.

Old 12-22-2013, 06:09 PM
IslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of lightIslandS62 is a glorious beacon of light

problem on right, solution on left!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	834A9EF4-D6E6-40D1-97A1-36D54A4FDB99.jpg
Views:	5769
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	314278  
Old 12-22-2013, 06:17 PM
Ran ran is infamous around these parts
Sounds like a perfect time to buy that caravan that the wife has been dreaming about no but honestly why not get a second vehicle - I realize parking is costly in NYC - so store the Porsche in a West Chester garage and park the new lease on the street and you will probably save money when giving up the NYC garage

Old 12-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Thanks for all the advise guys!
My plan for now is to keep the 911. When we do go out as a family, and need the extra room, I'll rent a Zip car for the day. If it becomes too much of a hassle, I'll look into exchanging the 911 for the Cayenne or maybe even the Macan Turbo (I'll guilt the wife into letting me get the Turbo for trading in the 911).
Either way, this is a great problem to have IMO.
Baby is due in March, I'm so excited to pick him up from the hospital in the 911 with the top down!

Old 12-23-2013, 02:02 PM
911driver has a spectacular aura about911driver has a spectacular aura about911driver has a spectacular aura about
I feel like this is me talking 3 years ago before I had my first kid. You will learn quickly that top down with a new born in March is not an option. I bet you lunch that you will have an SUV before May

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I found it! Rear-facing car seat...