997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fidelity Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 06:17 AM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by cab83_750
Please post the quote. At 41k, I am eager to know your cost.

I think the price for a Fidelity Platinum at that mileage is going to be very high.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:22 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
guess i will see...whats the poinht of insuring a car with 10k miles? I would think 40 after 4 yrs would be reasonable - it is my DD

Old 03-11-2014, 09:38 AM
porschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really nice
ditto

Old 03-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Robocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really nice
Originally Posted by P997S
guess i will see...whats the poinht of insuring a car with 10k miles? I would think 40 after 4 yrs would be reasonable - it is my DD
I agree

Old 03-12-2014, 09:34 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
The point of insuring a car with lower mileage is the premium is less. It is like buying life insurance - the earlier you start the cheaper it is. The thing to keep in mind here is that the premium is totally dependent on the car's mileage and age, as well as chosen deductible. It is also important to purchase the policy BEFORE any current warranty expires. I bought my Fidelity policy just before my CPO coverage expired. Comparing your quote to somebody else's is somewhat meaningless due to the variation in mileage, age, etc. Best to just contact a few dealerships for quotes, and see where you can get the best price. Try any dealer, including Honda. I found that dealer prices are better than purchasing directly from Fidelity.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Robocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really nice
Originally Posted by keninirvine
The point of insuring a car with lower mileage is the premium is less. It is like buying life insurance - the earlier you start the cheaper it is. The thing to keep in mind here is that the premium is totally dependent on the car's mileage and age, as well as chosen deductible. It is also important to purchase the policy BEFORE any current warranty expires. I bought my Fidelity policy just before my CPO coverage expired. Comparing your quote to somebody else's is somewhat meaningless due to the variation in mileage, age, etc. Best to just contact a few dealerships for quotes, and see where you can get the best price. Try any dealer, including Honda. I found that dealer prices are better than purchasing directly from Fidelity.
Buying the policy right before CPO expires makes sense but buying at the beggining when your car has a few years left on the factory warranty makes no sense. Basically, you are buying another warranty when you still have the factory in place. By the time the factory warranty ends you may have a year and few miles left, to use on the extended warranty. It will be wise if the aftermarket warranty kicks in after the factory warranty ends. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 03-12-2014, 02:54 PM
porschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really niceporschelady is just really nice
i guess buying early with lots of years is fine if you don't put many miles on the car, otherwise...why?

Old 03-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Fidelity said they can't offer my car warranty. Didn't know why. Didn't say all Porsches. Just not my 2010

Old 03-13-2014, 03:20 AM
997turbos_1980 is infamous around these parts
I try to stay away from 3rd party warranty. Heard of issues

Old 03-13-2014, 07:43 AM
mjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the roughmjsporsche is a jewel in the rough
You need to be careful about which 3rd party warranty you select. Some are very good. They are not all the same. Fidelity is the administrator for Audi's extended warranty and for Porsche. The policies are the same.

The key factor is to make sure your service advisor (dealer or indie) is comfortable with the 3rd party warranty company. Many times claims are denied because the service advisor was not following the required protocols to get approvals.

Mark

Old 03-13-2014, 12:20 PM
my dealer offered me an Advantage protection plan by protective
$0 down
3yrs from purchase
up to 75k miles - im at 41 so 34k more miles
price = $2978

Old 03-13-2014, 02:10 PM
$0 down
3yrs from purchase
price = $2978
How good is that company?

Old 03-13-2014, 04:33 PM
$0 down
3yrs from purchase
price = $2978

Seems like a very good price. Is it an exclusionary policy where everything is covered except for....... Or is it a policy that lists what is covered and anything not listed is not covered. The former is much preferred.

And speak with the service director and advisors. Their experience with the warranty company should be your guide as to whether you are buying great coverage or not.

Good luck.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:09 PM
Finance director at my dealer says he sells them all the time. He said it's basically bumper to bumper EXCEPT wear and tear items and interior stuff like leather, peeling ***** etc

It does cover the NAV and the screen though

Seems like a good deal.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:47 PM
Finance director at my dealer says he sells them all the time. He said it's basically bumper to bumper EXCEPT wear and tear items and interior stuff like leather, peeling ***** etc

It does cover the NAV and the screen though

Seems like a good deal.
Be careful. The Finance Director is only motivated to sell. Not to evaluate. Due diligence is required and I would check with your service director and advisors as to their opinions. Please excuse my repeating myself. It happens as we get older.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fidelity Warranty