997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fidelity Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 03:51 PM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
Agreed. I will get a copy of the contract and read thoroughly before purchasing

Old 03-19-2014, 11:38 AM
P997S is infamous around these partsP997S is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Seems like a very good price. Is it an exclusionary policy where everything is covered except for....... Or is it a policy that lists what is covered and anything not listed is not covered. The former is much preferred.

And speak with the service director and advisors. Their experience with the warranty company should be your guide as to whether you are buying great coverage or not.

Good luck.

REad the whole warranty book - its an exclusionary policy...Its pretty close to bumper to bumper except of course wear and tear like brakes and tires and it does not cover interior peices - like broken radio ****, faded leather or cracking platic or a rip in the convertible top.. It does cover the NAV system and the touch screen.

3yrs/75k miles with $0 deductible - as long as you bring to porsche (otherwise its $100) for $2,978

Old 03-19-2014, 09:43 PM
Robocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really nice
Not a bad price. If I opt for a warranty I may go that route.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Malexgcab is infamous around these partsMalexgcab is infamous around these parts
My cpo is ending soon, I spoke to my service advisor and he recommended Continental warranty. I'll look into fidelity as well

Old 04-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Robocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Malexgcab
My cpo is ending soon, I spoke to my service advisor and he recommended Continental warranty. I'll look into fidelity as well
Keep us posted. I'm in the same boat!

Old 04-07-2014, 10:15 PM
Malexgcab is infamous around these partsMalexgcab is infamous around these parts
Below was taken from Fidelity warranty website:

PLATINUM COVERAGE PLAN

In addition to offering the same features of Powertrain, Silver, Gold, and Gold Plus, Platinum expands to cover almost all assemblies of your vehicle, giving you the “Ultimate Peace of Mind†protection.

Platinum Exclusions
UNDER PLATINUM COVERAGE, ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PARTS ARE EXCLUDED:
Brake linings, brake drums and rotors, disc brake pads, standard transmission clutch components and assemblies, air bags, solar powered devices, hinges, glass, lenses, sealed beams, body parts and/or panels, trim, moldings, door handles, lock cylinders, tires, wheels, all batteries except Hybrid/EV/High Voltage batteries as listed under Silver Coverage Plan, light bulbs, upholstery, paint, bright metal, freeze plugs, heater and radiator hoses, exhaust system, shock absorbers, audio/security or other systems not factory installed, work such as front-end alignment or wheel balancing, constant velocity joint boots, safety restraint systems, cellular phones, radar detectors, appliances, or vinyl and convertible tops.

*Coverage level availability may be limited based on the age and mileage of your vehicle.

Please refer to Vehicle Protection Plan Contract for complete program details. This information is intended to provide only an outline of the types of coverages, exclusions and limitations of the service contracts described here and should not be relied upon when purchasing a specific service contract. For exact coverages, exclusions and limitations, please review the service contract itself. Vehicle Protection Plan is administered by Fidelity Warranty Services, Inc. Florida License #60026. 500 Jim Moran Boulevard, Deerfield Beach, FL 33442

© Copyright 2012. Jim Moran & Associates, Inc. All rights reserved.

Old 04-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Old 04-07-2014, 10:29 PM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Are you going to compare them for us?

Old 04-09-2014, 08:34 AM
Caballo Blanco is infamous around these parts
Anybody have experience with a warranty for a high mileage 997? And at that point, is it even possible to even purchase one? For instance, my DD is a 2008 C4 with 72K miles.

I would bet that Fidelity would just laugh hysterically and hang up on me, but was curious as to how ridiculous the cost was if anyone had gone that route.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by keninirvine
Are you going to compare them for us?
As mentioned by previous members, warranty is sold thru dealerships. I called Costco as well but they do not cover premium brand names.

I called Fidelity to inquire the nearest dealerships to me, according to the customer rep the warranty prices should be consistent irregardless of which dealership. I made a call to 2 different dealerships (VW and KIA) about 20 miles from each other.

We'll see.

Old 04-09-2014, 09:08 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
As mentioned by previous members, warranty is sold thru dealerships. I called Costco as well but they do not cover premium brand names.

I called Fidelity to inquire the nearest dealerships to me, according to the customer rep the warranty prices should be consistent irregardless of which dealership. I made a call to 2 different dealerships (VW and KIA) about 20 miles from each other.

We'll see.
FWIW, I found a large discrepancy between the price quoted to me by Fidelity (high) and the price quoted to me by my Porsche dealer and a nearby Honda dealer (lower). The reason you need to get multiple quotes is that, like any insurance policy, each company selling it makes money on selling the Fidelity policy, and some are greedier than others.

Old 04-09-2014, 06:14 PM
First quote I received, Fidelity Insurance 3y/36k miles with $100 deductible...$5200. It also need a one hour pre-inspection ($108/hr). Seems too high from other members quote.

FYI: I have a 2008 C2 with 37k miles.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:05 PM
First quote I received, Fidelity Insurance 3y/36k miles with $100 deductible...$5200. It also need a one hour pre-inspection ($108/hr). Seems too high from other members quote.

FYI: I have a 2008 C2 with 37k miles.
That is quite a lot more than I paid 2 years ago for a 4 year policy. My car had about 35k on it (2006 C2S cab). Can I assume your existing warranty was expired? That makes a big difference.

Old 04-11-2014, 10:02 AM
bzimpfer is infamous around these parts
I'm thinking about a warranty as well - factory is up in 6 months. Here's what I got for pricing:

Vehicle: 2010 (or 2011) Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet with 10,001 - 25,000 miles.

Fidelity Platinum w/ $100 deductible.
3 yr / 36K - $2420.00
4 yr / 48K - $3197.00
5 yr / 60K - $3726.00
6 yr / 60K - $3895.00

And with $250 deductible.
3 yr / 36K - $1921.00
4 yr / 48K - $2410.00
5 yr / 60K - $2784.00
6 yr / 60K - $2901.00

Pricing is from a Kia dealer in MA.

250 deductible seems the way to go to me - diff in price would take 7 claims to make up. (Just had a water pump done under OE warranty)

Some say not worth it etc. but c'mon, how could I not get $2800 in claims over 5 yrs/60k - if not, even better. You don't complain because you bought insurance and your house didn't burn down, do ya?

Old 04-11-2014, 10:06 AM
I agree that higher deductible is better. I got the insurance for covering big surprise expenses, and for peace of mind, as well as hopefully easier resale of the car (before the warranty expires of course).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fidelity Warranty