997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Tiptronic round to triangle steering wheel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 10:57 AM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
Tiptronic round to triangle steering wheel

What all involve to switch from a round to triangle airbag steering wheel? car has Tiptronic w/o multifunction buttons.

Thank you,

Old 12-26-2013, 11:30 AM
OCT
OCT is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tphan
What all involve to switch from a round to triangle airbag steering wheel? car has Tiptronic w/o multifunction buttons.

Thank you,
Not sure but..
You like triangle one?.....

Old 12-26-2013, 12:27 PM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
i know the round is sport wheel, Carrera S OE, however somehow i like the look of the triangle.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:23 PM
will my existing tiptronic buttons transferable?

Old 12-27-2013, 11:01 AM
OCT
I just take a loot at suncoast parts, I think you need to replace the wheel and air bag together.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by OCT
I just take a loot at suncoast parts, I think you need to replace the wheel and air bag together.
Thanks for the info...yes, the whole airbag is needed, along with 2 Tiptronic switches, and Y trim.

IMO Porsche got it backward, the triangle airbag wheel is much better look than round.

Old 12-27-2013, 11:41 AM
cairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the roughcairo94507 is a jewel in the rough
Whatever makes you happy is all that is important. I am quite sure if you posted a WTB (want to buy) that you could find quite a few of those steering wheels available for cheap. Possibly save you some money.

Old 12-27-2013, 03:04 PM
OCT
Originally Posted by tphan

Thanks for the info...yes, the whole airbag is needed, along with 2 Tiptronic switches, and Y trim.

IMO Porsche got it backward, the triangle airbag wheel is much better look than round.
You like triangle one because you have the round....
I have triangle one on both my 997 and cayman...pretty tired of it

Old 12-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by OCT
You like triangle one because you have the round....
I have triangle one on both my 997 and cayman...pretty tired of it
LOL! that give good reason to keep the Alcantara sport wheel to alternate with the triangle one (that is if i go with the swap).

Old 12-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Hatzenbach has a spectacular aura aboutHatzenbach has a spectacular aura about
You actually might be able to find someone who would be willing to do a straight swap (incl. airbag), most people don't like the triangular look, so I venture a guess that there will be enough people who would like to do this swap.