997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 vs Stingray?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 09:29 AM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Alan C.
I got more looks and comments with my NSX than I ever did with a Porsche.
Agreed! My NSX stopped people dead in their tracks.I actually stored the NSX at a friends house who was a part of the local Corvette club and they were astonished with the NSX and the technology in it for the year that it was! But I have to say that I do like the Corvettes also and bang for the buck,IMO,it would be an extremely fun car to drive!

Stacy

Old 01-31-2014, 11:11 AM
Wheeler is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by justatoy
Agreed! My NSX stopped people dead in their tracks.I actually stored the NSX at a friends house who was a part of the local Corvette club and they were astonished with the NSX and the technology in it for the year that it was! But I have to say that I do like the Corvettes also and bang for the buck,IMO,it would be an extremely fun car to drive!

Stacy
Saw this beauty whilst turning into Daytona last week! Sorry, this was all I could get fumbling to take a quick pic...obviously it stopped US too! Just love seeing the NSX on the road. This one sounded particularly good as well!

On a side note, the amount of kick *** cars in and around Daytona was insane! 458's were EVERYWHERE, GT3's of all years, parked in the grass randomly like I might do with my truck, absolute vehicular overload for 4 solid days. It was AWESOME!

Last edited by Wheeler; 01-31-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:04 PM
rjohnson79 is infamous around these parts
Very much agreed to your comment I think if you want to race lets just take it to the track!

Old 01-31-2014, 03:42 PM
LPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to beholdLPpfs997 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by porscheman247
Ummm....even tho the vette is brutaly fast, they are giant pieces of garbage. I have owned many and have given up!!! I currently have an 11 c2s Cab and a 73 murdered out big block vette. after 1973, all corvettes became lame pieces of junk. peeling door panels, crappy leather seats etc...Every time a new one comes out they brag how great it is.....heard that before.
Dude, try and be a bit nice: 'garbage'; really ? We're here to share our opinions. If you've driven the new C7 and have a negative view, that's OK. Many of us have spent seat time in a C7 and concur with the journalists who've reviewed it and now even Chris monkey Harris is on board. I'm NOT trading mine, you can hold on to yours, but I just see this C7 as an advance that will push all of the engineers and designers, in the US, Europe and Asia. Good show it happens to come from Detroit/Bowling Green.

Old 01-31-2014, 07:49 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Really loving the (98%) intelligent conversation on this thread, and this forum. Thank you, guys. I picked up my C7 last night, and drive it all day today. The roads here in ICElanta are still crappy in many areas (Thank you Major Kasim Reed, bastard), so I was driving in Grandma mode, and hence, cannot offer much of a review. But I will post one pic now, and post a more thorough review and comparison as soon as I get this Stingray broken-in and wrung out a little more.

For now: everywhere I stop, people gather to gawk and ask what kind of car it is. On the highways, people ride alongside and take pics and videos, and just about everywhere I get that thumbs up. My 997 is pretty sweet, yet I never got the same kind of love. Attention, yes, but love, no. I've not yet decided what it's all about, but it is what it is. The interior is awesome with stitched leather everywhere, the infotainment stuff (two HD full-color 8 inch screens) is amazing, the HUD (full color heads-up display is valuable), the seats are the same as that in my 997 (same manufacturer) but the side bolsters for the torso are adjustable and deeper, the brakes are a touch better than those in my 997S (both are made by Brembo), and overall operations and ergonomics are excellent. More later, just one quick pic at the dealer when picking it up last night.

I took my wife and son out to dinner tonight, and we took the 997S. I love it. It will always be my first love. And, I can take my family to dinner in it. Which in my life counts for something.

As for Chris Harris' review, that was merely a preview, he is going to do a full review/ comparison later. I hope that they provide him with more comparable vehicles. Specifically, I'd like to see him in C7 Z51 with a manny tranny, perf exhaust, and mag ride. Any 991S has those things, or PDK, so it'd be more apples to apples.

More later.
CATTMAN

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	328047  

Last edited by Cattman; 01-31-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:50 AM
GS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond reputeGS997S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cattman
Really loving the (98%) intelligent conversation on this thread, and this forum. Thank you, guys. I picked up my C7 last night, and drive it all day today. The roads here in ICElanta are still crappy in many areas (Thank you Major Kasim Reed, bastard), so I was driving in Grandma mode, and hence, cannot offer much of a review. But I will post one pic now, and post a more thorough review and comparison as soon as I get this Stingray broken-in and wrung out a little more.

For now: everywhere I stop, people gather to gawk and ask what kind of car it is. On the highways, people ride alongside and take pics and videos, and just about everywhere I get that thumbs up. My 997 is pretty sweet, yet I never got the same kind of love. Attention, yes, but love, no. I've not yet decided what it's all about, but it is what it is. The interior is awesome with stitched leather everywhere, the infotainment stuff (two HD full-color 8 inch screens) is amazing, the HUD (full color heads-up display is valuable), the seats are the same as that in my 997 (same manufacturer) but the side bolsters for the torso are adjustable and deeper, the brakes are a touch better than those in my 997S (both are made by Brembo), and overall operations and ergonomics are excellent. More later, just one quick pic at the dealer when picking it up last night.

I took my wife and son out to dinner tonight, and we took the 997S. I love it. It will always be my first love. And, I can take my family to dinner in it. Which in my life counts for something.

As for Chris Harris' review, that was merely a preview, he is going to do a full review/ comparison later. I hope that they provide him with more comparable vehicles. Specifically, I'd like to see him in C7 Z51 with a manny tranny, perf exhaust, and mag ride. Any 991S has those things, or PDK, so it'd be more apples to apples.

More later.
CATTMAN
Looking forward to your review.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:40 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cattman

More later.
CATTMAN
Look forward to hearing more. This is making me feel better about my C7 purchase.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:08 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Cattman, Great looking car. Looking forward to more photos and insight.

Who knows. Maybe Kasim is a car guy at heart and he just couldn't stand the thought of subjecting any cars to to the ill effects of salt.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:50 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Look forward to hearing more. This is making me feel better about my C7 purchase.
You too? This should be interesting!

Old 02-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
It might be fun to pick up a C7 and do a run on Route 66.

Old 02-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cattman, your C7 is a beauty!

Nice options and color choice.

Congrats!

Old 02-02-2014, 04:54 PM
Mr.997 is infamous around these partsMr.997 is infamous around these parts
This is some funny ..beep...beep! Lol

Old 02-03-2014, 05:12 PM
Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !Cattman Is a GOD !
Here's a quick snap with the carbon fiber targa top stowed in the trunk. Even with the targa top stowed, there is plenty of room for groceries, etc.
CATTMAN

Name:	IMG_2874.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	328995  
Old 02-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Wheeler is infamous around these parts
Looks great Cattman! Again, nice choice on the white!

Old 03-03-2014, 07:18 PM
So after about a month and nearly 1,200 miles in the C7 here are some thoughts/ comparisons:

-The 997S seems to intuitively know what I want it to do at exactly the moment I want to do it, and is always, without fail, right there with me. It is definitely not as fast, but it can nip and scoot into a tight spot more easily, or at least it FEELS that way.

-The C7 Stingray (with Z51) kicks *** over my modified 997S, in a straight line, around a track, in the ****pit, with technology, on the stereo, etc. And everyone loves it. It's new, so still rare, but everywhere I go, I get thumbs up. Never knew how much love there was for the 'Vette, and always felt "special" in my 997S, but the Stingray is a whole other level of love, from all demographic segments.

I love the Stingray, but my 997S fits me like a glove. They are the SAME length! They weigh the same, and while the Stingray out-handles the 997S, the 997S FEELS better- to me. What can I say. Number are on the side of the 'Vette, but my emotions are with the 997S, even with mine being nearly 10 yrs old with 77k miles.

Here's a pic. I do think it screams "look at me!", but so does a lambo. It gets the attention because it really looks dramatic.

Last thought for now:
-The C7 forums are an absolute joke. There are some people who post well-thought-out comments, but the vast majority seem to be old, angry, rude, people, who have no life. Just my opinion, but as a 6Speed member for ages, hitting the C7 forums is like dumpster diving.
CATTMAN

Name:	IMG_1156.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	3.12 MB
ID:	341641  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 vs Stingray?