997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Prepping GTS for Winter Driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 09:46 AM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Prepping GTS for Winter Driving

I removed the heated multifunction wheel and replaced it with a non heated paddle wheel.

Took out the heated seats and installed non heated GT2 sport buckets.

Put on a set of 245.35.19 and 325.30.19 MPSS tires.

It is sunny and zero degrees here in Cincinnati.

There is plenty of salt left on the roads.

Getting ready to open the garage door. Have I missed anything?

Old 01-28-2014, 10:02 AM
RON1X is infamous around these partsRON1X is infamous around these parts
Nope!
Just wait to see how long it takes for the oil temp to get off the peg... Once that happens, then you can have some fun (I just hope you have a long commute).
I think you are going to miss the heated seats for the next few weeks though haha
Enjoy!!

Old 01-28-2014, 10:39 AM
dbbarron has a spectacular aura aboutdbbarron has a spectacular aura about
My GTS is in the garage on the battery maintainer waiting for weekend temps over 40. Does not appear to be happening soon. I am envious.

Old 01-28-2014, 10:25 PM
JCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really nice
Now I'm really appreciating this 70c winter weather here in Cali. Hope it warms up soon for you guys.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:12 PM
Alan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond reputeAlan C. has a reputation beyond repute
Kept in the garage. Still need to get it out for a 30 minute run. Hopefully some rain in the near future to wash the salt off the road. Or it could be a caravan of GT3s blowing a hose here and there.

Old 01-29-2014, 04:39 PM
JesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud of
I'm in Lexington and drove through Cincinnati yesterday in my 997.2 C2S. I had no issues.

You ever make it down this way?

Old 01-29-2014, 05:08 PM
myw
myw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to beholdmyw is a splendid one to behold
pardon my ignorance but why does the steering wheel and seats need to be changed for the winter?

Old 02-20-2014, 11:29 PM
JCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really niceJCD911S is just really nice
Originally Posted by myw
pardon my ignorance but why does the steering wheel and seats need to be changed for the winter?
They were probably swapped as an upgrade, and had nothing to do with winter driving. Just not timed well with the season.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:20 AM
Wheeler is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JCD911S
They were probably swapped as an upgrade, and had nothing to do with winter driving. Just not timed well with the season.
No kidding. I've calculated for every week my car sits not driven it costs me an average of $300...in aftermarket parts! (btw, my new wheel just arrived from Dallas Custom yesterday).

Old 02-21-2014, 03:50 PM
The post was sort of a joke. Most on here that know me also know that I wouldn't take it out with snow/salt on the ground. Not that it is a bad thing.

Wheeler, your DC wheel post will most likely cost me as well.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:54 PM
Wheeler is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alan C.
The post was sort of a joke. Most on here that know me also know that I wouldn't take it out with snow/salt on the ground. Not that it is a bad thing.

Wheeler, your DC wheel post will most likely cost me as well.
Hahahaha we need a support group...

Hello, my name is Alan and I'm here because I have SPD... Seasonal Porsche Disorder.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:58 PM
SPD - Good one