997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Passenger windows drops 1/2 way when convertible top is closed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 07:40 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
I think that they are talking about a different issue.

Old 12-02-2014, 08:26 AM
alirob is infamous around these partsalirob is infamous around these parts
Dennis, you are probably correct.

Originally Posted by Dennis C
I think that they are talking about a different issue.
This discussion was as close as I could come to people discussing any window problems with a Porsche cab.

Old 12-04-2014, 01:58 PM
Bonginator is infamous around these parts
Our 997.2 09 cab did this when we first got it. Took it to the P dealer in Redwood City, CA and they installed a new "controller" which fixed the issue under warranty. If you need info, the techs there could probably give you more detail on what a fix for this is.

Old 12-04-2014, 04:28 PM
OldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marshal_Mercer
Mine did this for a few days after two years of working properly, so I took it into the dealer. The dealer ran a diagnostic check. I believe that there were no codes. A few passes with silicone lube onto the offending window's raising/lowering mechanism did the trick. No problems since. Apparently, any resistance to closing is sensed as an obstruction, so the window goes half way back down to protect it and the obstructive object.
Exactly. My '08 cab did this, and the problem was the window was sensing an obstruction when it closed. Dealer fixed it.