997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How much value to purchasing from Porsche dealership and CPO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2020, 03:01 PM
Sc00ter is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by griegomiami
Hey guys, quick question. I read in the forum that several people bought from 3rd party dealers and took it to Porsche dealer to be cpo'ed. I called a couple of dealers down in Miami and both said they don't do that. Mind you I was talking to salespeople. Is that the case or I need to speak to a manager or so to find out? I am trying to see if is worth paying more to get a cpo car or buy from private dealer/owner and try to get it cpoed.

Thanks
I don't think so is doable.
As car must be under the dealership name ( or sold by the dealer)...or else is illegal to CPO , unless you are the original owner.
So unless you will find some dealer that is willing to take a risk ( i don't see why they would )...I think you are out of luck.

Old 10-19-2020, 03:05 PM
griegomiami is infamous around these parts
Well I would need to buy it and then take it to Porsche to become a CPO. Though I wouldn't know if it will meet the criteria to become one . Ideally, have a good mechanic that knows what they are looking for to become a CPO.

Thoughts on that? thanks

Old 10-19-2020, 10:35 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by griegomiami
Hey guys, quick question. I read in the forum that several people bought from 3rd party dealers and took it to Porsche dealer to be cpo'ed. I called a couple of dealers down in Miami and both said they don't do that. Mind you I was talking to salespeople. Is that the case or I need to speak to a manager or so to find out? I am trying to see if is worth paying more to get a cpo car or buy from private dealer/owner and try to get it cpoed.

Thanks
Can't say it's never been done but I've never heard of it. I have always been under the impression that Porsche only CPO's cars they sell. Not cars sold by a non Porsche dealership or a private party. Typically, people who buy cars out of warranty from anything other than a Porsche dealership but want warranty buy after market warranty from Fidelity or a number of other outfits. Most of the high rated ones offer policies that are very similar to CPO.

Old 10-19-2020, 10:43 PM
griegomiami is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sandwedge
Can't say it's never been done but I've never heard of it. I have always been under the impression that Porsche only CPO's cars they sell. Not cars sold by a non Porsche dealership or a private party. Typically, people who buy cars out of warranty from anything other than a Porsche dealership but want warranty buy after market warranty from Fidelity or a number of other outfits. Most of the high rated ones offer policies that are very similar to CPO.
Yes, I read about the Fidelity platinum that is pretty good but i need to find out costs. Any other company that you might recommend checking out? thx