997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dectanes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 09:17 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
They look different. Dectanes are more similar to 997.2 OE lights.

Old 09-05-2014, 09:21 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Dectanes have their own wiring harness while DelRey uses original wiring harness. If you search you'll find hundreds of posts discussing the differences with lots of pictures. RoTTec and DelRey appear to be the same and Dectane and Depo are the same - Depo makes them in Taiwan and Dectane is a German distributor.

Old 09-05-2014, 04:48 PM
Rengoku is just really niceRengoku is just really niceRengoku is just really niceRengoku is just really nice
Originally Posted by Isik
Could someone enlighten me on the main differences between Dectanes and Del Rey's please?
Del Rey:

Dectanes:

Personally, I prefer the look of the Dectanes.

Old 09-05-2014, 05:32 PM
GixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Originally Posted by Isik
Could someone enlighten me on the main differences between Dectanes and Del Rey's please?

Do a thread search, this has been discussed before...

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...customs-2.html

Last edited by GixxerGino; 09-05-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-05-2014, 05:35 PM
GixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to behold
Question

Ok, back to the matter at hand!

1) Gixxergino
2) Izzycab
3) spmmorrow
4) Perk10
5) Isik
6) pderover
7) ?
8) ?
9) ?
10) ?

We need 4 more, I talked with fishcake to see if he can get a "DEEPER" discount than $689. I'm a little upset Rhonda@FVD has not responded to my IM's or this thread, since I sent her the link...

Old 09-05-2014, 10:49 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Give her a little more time. She may be on Vacation. You could also just call her and tell her about the group buy plan. I am certain she can do something for you guys .

Originally Posted by GixxerGino
I'm a little upset Rhonda@FVD has not responded to my IM's or this thread, since I sent her the link...

Old 09-06-2014, 12:49 AM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
I think it best someone call FVD directly and ask for group buy discount. Email can take longer and might be pile up in their spam mails.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:49 AM
Wink

Originally Posted by Gotgolf52
I think it best someone call FVD directly and ask for group buy discount. Email can take longer and might be pile up in their spam mails.

I had planned on calling them and some other vendors, but I wanted to make sure I had a solid 10 people before making empty promises about a "group buy".

Old 09-06-2014, 12:20 PM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
I had planned on calling them and some other vendors, but I wanted to make sure I had a solid 10 people before making empty promises about a "group buy".
I understand your position, good luck bro. After the 10% discount promise from Rhonda, I sent her at least 5 emails with no reply. It can be frustrate dealing with them via email.

Old 09-06-2014, 12:49 PM
OldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond reputeOldBoldPilot has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure that other folks, like me, have been lurking, waiting to see whether a good deal comes up. Keep us posted in this thread, and thanks for your efforts.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:32 PM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Gotgolf52
Rhonda at FVD sent me an email that she would give forum member 10% discount for these lights.
So is this the light? And the price is US$695-10%=US$625? Includes shipping to the US?

Thx

Old 09-07-2014, 01:29 AM
Simon - it technically $700 minus $70 discount, so $630 plus shipping

Old 09-08-2014, 07:55 PM
Rob_G is infamous around these parts
I'd also be interested if it pans out...

Old 09-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Thumbs up

Just got this email from Fishcake, good info!

"Dear gixxergino,

Good morning,

I sincerely appreciate you linking me to the thread in regards to this potential Group Buy. Here are a few points you may share with your forum members in regards to the DEPO Brand 997 Chassis LED Tail Light sets:

(1) We are the sole Distributor for the US/CAN Spec DEPO brand 997 LED Tail Light sets.

(2) There are two versions out on the Market for the DEPO brand 997 LED Tail Light sets. (A) Dectane - which is manufactured by DEPO and is for Euro-Spec vehicles only. (B) DEPO's US/CAN-Spec version, which we specially R&D with DEPO to manufacture for us.

(3) Dectane's 997 LED Tail Light set is the same as the ones we carry, however the main difference is that the LED chipset they used is specifically tailored to the Euro-models. This is why so many people who've purchased Dectane's Tail Lights (997) has error messages after short period usage when installing their tail light set on their US/CAN-spec vehicles.

(4) DEPO has ensured us that the LED chipset they've developed for the US/CAN-specs should be error free for the US/CAN-Specs.

This being said, we would love to set up a group buy with you. If you are able to get 10 names who are going to commit, I will be sure to run this to our supervisor to ask for his very best offer for the group buy. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thanks again for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to your reply/confirmation and I sincerely wish you a wonderful and restful morning.

Warmest Regards,
Chris

- fishcake321"

Old 09-08-2014, 09:12 PM
1) Gixxergino
2) Izzycab
3) spmmorrow
4) Perk10
5) Isik
6) pderover
7) Rob_G
8) OldBoldPilot (maybe)
9) ?
10) ?

Come on guys I need a SOLID 10 people and we got ammunition, that way we can pull the trigger!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Dectanes