997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dectanes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 06:20 AM
GixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Gotgolf52
Guys, if you even think about Dectane LED tail lights, this is the best price you can get. PERIOD. I just got a used FVD for $550 and it hasn't arrive for almost 2 weeks (hoping no damage during shipping with USPS). My point is I would not hesitate paying $620 for a brand new sets with free shipping.
Gixxer - you are da man bro. They should thank you for all the work and effort

Thank You, now hopefully nobody on this list lets me down...

Come on guys, Fishcake already gave me the DISCOUNT code. Once we have 10 people I can PM you the code!!!

Old 09-12-2014, 09:18 AM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
I'm on the fence here.

These are the questions that run through my mind: What a kind of warranty are we getting? How long has fishcake been in business? Is there a physical store front? Are we going to be SOL when these break in 13 months? How come the Boxster lights are so much cheaper?

Old 09-12-2014, 11:29 AM
GixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation

I have dealt with Fishcake for a couple of years now, I don't know his FULL history but here are some of the answers I compiled. Just for the record this is a ridiculous deal. Used lights are going for $400-500, and refurbs are going for $600+.

Originally Posted by mattyf
What a kind of warranty are we getting?

From Website: DEPO is the worlds largest aftermarket headlight/taillight manufacturer and is a ISO 9001 certified manufacturer. DEPO provides a one year warranty on these against defects in workmanship.

How long has fishcake been in business? Is there a physical store front?

uniquestyleracings.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=6

Give them a call!

Are we going to be SOL when these break in 13 months?

Considering the warranty is 1 year, I think you are going to be SOL with any vendor in 13 months. Unless you do a ton of business with that vendor and then they might "good faith" warranty them.

How come the Boxster lights are so much cheaper?

Now that's just a silly question, there are a ton of boxster parts that are cheaper than 911...

Old 09-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
Buying any after market parts alway a little dicey. There are people using Dectane lights for years without any issue. Then, there are some unlucky people get a lemon piece (this go with all car manufactures, hence the lemon law). But we can't really expect a lot for $600 light set. If these goes out in 12.5 months, I just suck it up and put the original light back. I buy it because I like it and I think it cheap.

Old 09-12-2014, 12:27 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Even the 1 year from DEPO is "iffy" - I doubt you the user can get the company in Taiwan to honor a warranty - vendor probably has to make the warranty claim against DEPO...maybe Fishcake has good experience doing that or even better yet, no warranty claims. I bought mine from CarlightPro 3 years ago for over $800 but have never had any problems.

Interesting that CarlightPro claims :
CARLIGHTPRO is the official distributor for DECTANE products in the US and Canada.

The lights I bought from them were clearly marked DEPO - AFAIK Dectane is just another middleman distributing DEPO products - Dectane doesn't make the lights.

Last edited by jhbrennan; 09-12-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Brought mine from Orange tuning for less than $600 shipped with the original group buy. I never had a problems with them for over 3 years. I've heard they were slow to response when people had problems.

Old 09-12-2014, 01:56 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Are we at 10 people yet? Im on the fence for these as well thinking of getting on the group by. Are these true plug and play without messing with resistors? Will fit a turbo?

Old 09-12-2014, 05:37 PM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
Ok, so we're buying from USR, but through their ebay store. Sounds better than from some random dude named fishcake in his mom's basement.

Ok, count me in.

Also curious about any discounts on DRLs.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:32 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Ok, so we're buying from USR, but through their ebay store. Sounds better than from some random dude named fishcake in his mom's basement.

Ok, count me in.

Also curious about any discounts on DRLs.
Why is USR better? Do you have a link to their product? Anyone that has tried it?

Old 09-13-2014, 05:18 AM
Wink

Originally Posted by socialpro
Why is USR better? Do you have a link to their product? Anyone that has tried it?

USR(Unique Style Racing) is Fishcake, there are a couple of previous post with the link to there site.

Originally Posted by socialpro
Are these true plug and play without messing with resistors? Will fit a turbo?

YES, these are plug and play resistors are built into the board, and Yes they fit turbo cars.

Old 09-13-2014, 05:20 AM
Question

1) Gixxergino
2) Izzycab
3) spmmorrow
4) Perk10
5) Isik
6) pderover
7) Rob_G
8) mattyf
9) socialpro
10) ?

Is everybody still good that is on this list????

Old 09-13-2014, 08:00 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cgngh
I know a lot of the guys on here have been buying refurbished dectane taillights, but I found these and wanted to share the link in case someone was interested.
Spam

Old 09-13-2014, 08:32 AM
Rob_G is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GixxerGino
1) Gixxergino
2) Izzycab
3) spmmorrow
4) Perk10
5) Isik
6) pderover
7) Rob_G
8) mattyf
9) socialpro
10) ?

Is everybody still good that is on this list????
I'm still in.

Old 09-13-2014, 09:07 AM
thethor is infamous around these parts
Does this include install?

I'm in...

Old 09-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Rob_G is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thethor
Does this include install?

I'm in...
I think you make 10 if everyone else is still down for it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Dectanes