997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dectanes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 08:54 AM
Rob_G is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by simoncpw
The new lights shown on this video is not Depo.
Yeah, I know. I'm guess what I'm saying is that the Depo lights are different from their lights. The Depo is complete where the Delrays may need the resistor and re-use parts from the old harness.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:03 AM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
Agreed.

What I'm really interested is to know is, for the DEPO light, if it can tell visually that is a US/CAN-spec or Euro-spec. Whether a print label / physical mark / connector or any external resistor... etc.

Originally Posted by Rob_G
Yeah, I know. I'm guess what I'm saying is that the Depo lights are different from their lights. The Depo is complete where the Delrays may need the resistor and re-use parts from the old harness.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by simoncpw
Agreed.

What I'm really interested is to know is, for the DEPO light, if it can tell visually that is a US/CAN-spec or Euro-spec. Whether a print label / physical mark / connector or any external resistor... etc.

I'll check for labels and stamps. I understand what you're looking for now. I'll be home in a few hours and will snap a pic if I see it. I did see the made in Taiwan deal on it when I looked quickly.

Old 09-17-2014, 01:49 PM
GixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to behold
This is what the back of a depo US spec light should look like. It plugs directly into the factory plug coming out of the quarter panel. So you will not be using the factory socket connections at all. So when you are done installing you will have this harness left. This is why I went with this seller instead of others, because these are a TRUE US spec light, not a euro spec with resistors added.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	depo.png
Views:	78
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	402089   Click image for larger version

Name:	myVsskzNOCbnMmIZ_TUaSFQ.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	402090  
Old 09-17-2014, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by GixxerGino
This is what the back of a depo US spec light should look like. It plugs directly into the factory plug coming out of the quarter panel. So you will not be using the factory socket connections at all. So when you are done installing you will have this harness left. This is why I went with this seller instead of others, because these are a TRUE US spec light, not a euro spec with resistors added.
Proof. This is the back of mind. Nothing is stamped US or anything like that as someone has asked.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:15 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Not sure why folks think the difference between Euro and US is the absence of resistor boxes - you can see clearly from the picture in the previous post that there are two resistor boxes attached to the back of the lamp housing. Mine looked just like this when I purchased and installed 3+ years ago except the resistor boxes were not attached...and BTW they have worked flawlessly the entire time.

Also, for all you guys installing these be sure to save your old wiring harnesses - if you ever want to change back or sell, the wiring harness is an additional part costing $60 or more.

Last edited by jhbrennan; 09-17-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:17 PM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GixxerGino
Hey guys
Izzycab, spmmorrow, Perk10, Isik, pderover, Rob_G, mattyf, socialpro, thethor, Badrdog, Rengoku

Can you guys ad power to my Rep for putting this thing together?

Thanks,
Gino
Ordered and internet points given. Told them to hold on shipping if DRL group buy is happening soon.

Last edited by mattyf; 09-17-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:30 PM
GixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Not sure why folks think the difference between Euro and US is the absence of resistor boxes - you can see clearly from the picture in the previous post that there are two resistor boxes attached to the back of the lamp housing. Mine looked just like this when I purchased and installed 3+ years ago except the resistor boxes were not attached...and BTW they have worked flawlessly the entire time.

Also, for all you guys installing these be sure to save your old wiring harnesses - if you ever want to change back or sell, the wiring harness is an additional part costing $60 or more.

I think the main difference is that these are manufactured with the box built into the light as part of production. A lot of the "others" out there are wired up as an afterthought.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:00 PM
No CEL and yes there are attached electronics in boxes. You do have to reuse the screw bracket (don't know the name).

Old 09-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Wink

No CEL and yes there are attached electronics in boxes. You do have to reuse the screw bracket (don't know the name).

They look great!!!

Old 09-17-2014, 03:48 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all

NICE! How long did it take you to install?! Should have mine by Friday!!!

Old 09-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by socialpro
NICE! How long did it take you to install?! Should have mine by Friday!!!
Probably 20 mins with posting the picture and goofing off. I am not mechanically inclined either.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:06 PM
Rengoku is just really niceRengoku is just really niceRengoku is just really niceRengoku is just really nice
Got mine put on, pretty much plug and play. Looks amazing:

Old 09-18-2014, 02:06 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Rengoku
Got mine put on, pretty much plug and play. Looks amazing:

WOW! Looks amazing, mine are going on a black turbo as well, yours is the first ive seen of DEPO lights on a black turbo, stunning! Do you have a full back shot of the car?

Old 09-19-2014, 04:21 AM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
Here is mine

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	402192  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Dectanes