997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 vs. 991

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2016 | 09:26 PM
JT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to all
Originally Posted by R.ROBOT
It's all perspective really and boils to what you want.

If you want to have the fastest car in you neighborhood be that guy. Next year the cars will go faster still or have this option or that.

It's impressive what automakers are doing and have done dating back to the '60's.

My other car is a Ferrari that is slower than my Porsche and a good deal older. I own these two cars for different reasons.

The Porsche is remarkable, just a stunning performer and I purchased the 997.2 GTS specifically to own what I consider the last of the great cars that Porsche developed as a sports car.

The Ferrari does things quite differently and that's why I own it. Its slower than a new Ferrari and to me more beautiful. I have been asked to trade for 458 Italia, but just isn't what I would want.

So to each their own.
Or as I wouldn't put it "Don't just keep up with The Joneses Stay Ahead of Them.

Yes Also like different cars for Different Reasons. But I'm not going to allow myself to get stuck on one style or one ideal. As my Dad's philosophy professor Said "Continue To Re-Evaluate Your Prejudices" Which is a way of life I gravitated towards somewhere in my late 30's without realizing it. DR Wayne Dyer Put another way "When You Change the Way You Look At Things The Things You Look At Change"

I like to change things up once in a while (I get bored easily) The 991 GT3 isn't the only car I'm looking at getting, Even though I prefer Porsches & German Cars, I'm also considering The New Mustang GT350R and a Continuation Cobra Daytona Coupe and Possibly building a 70 Camaro Fully Modern Resto Mod But Before I Do That I'd Like to get At least 2 more 991 911's Either a 4S GTS, 4S Targa, or Turbo S and maybe even a Singer 911??. But I need To sell a Few things First before that happens.

Old 02-28-2016 | 10:22 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=JT9114S;4478855]I look at it this way if car makers didn't keep trying to make there cars better every so many years there sales would drop dramatically. Porsches philosophy is about evolution rather than revolution, improving there cars incrementally over years. To put it another way you can choose to live in the past or live in the present and embrace the future or you can be like the guy in this video (in the before part)

Actually a better way to look at it is that the manufacturer has you hooked on a schedule of planned obsolescence. You are running on a treadmill marching to their $$$ program trying to keep up with the "latest and the greatest" in an attempt to fill some inner void or imagined insufficiency.

Or you can take control and simply opt out. Just say no to whatever they are trying to sell you. Feel the power. "No. I am happy with what I have. It meets my needs. It is a thing of beauty." I celebrate 10 years with my 997 S this month. I have done some mods and have made it mine. Still in love. What a concept.

And btw that commercial is a pos. You realize when you are being played, right? Cheers and carry on

Old 02-29-2016 | 12:10 AM
JT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to allJT9114S is a name known to all
[QUOTE=Gpjli;4479331]
Originally Posted by JT9114S
I look at it this way if car makers didn't keep trying to make there cars better every so many years there sales would drop dramatically. Porsches philosophy is about evolution rather than revolution, improving there cars incrementally over years. To put it another way you can choose to live in the past or live in the present and embrace the future or you can be like the guy in this video (in the before part)

Actually a better way to look at it is that the manufacturer has you hooked on a schedule of planned obsolescence. You are running on a treadmill marching to their $$$ program trying to keep up with the "latest and the greatest" in an attempt to fill some inner void or imagined insufficiency.

Or you can take control and simply opt out. Just say no to whatever they are trying to sell you. Feel the power. "No. I am happy with what I have. It meets my needs. It is a thing of beauty." I celebrate 10 years with my 997 S this month. I have done some mods and have made it mine. Still in love. What a concept.

And btw that commercial is a pos. You realize when you are being played, right? Cheers and carry on
"Assumption is The Mother of All Foul Ups" Is a Quote I'm constantly using because someone is making Assumptions about me and or underestimating Me. I march to my own drummer. Why Else Would I have Come Up with a Quote Help Get Me Off Of This Stupid Planet. Also you took part of what I said out of context Why else would I have stated about the other cars I'm considering getting (the new Mustang GT350, Building 70 Camaro Resto Mod, Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, & A Singer 911) I Don't make decisions based on Commercials, Road Tests, Reviews or What a Certain Demographic is saying, I make my own Evaluation of a Product I'm Considering. So I don't buy into commercials at all I even mute them when I watch TV. To put a broader picture on things I grew up with muscle cars, I even argued with this friend of mine that liked Porsche's That The Corvette was a better Faster Car. Now I have a very poor opinion of Chevy/GM And Prefer German Cars over American Cars. So To Go Back To one of the things I said earlier "I'm Constantly Re-Evaluating My Prejudices (What I Like And Don't Like)" I Started out as A Ford Person Then it was Chevy and then just American. Now I either Like it or I Don't. Also I won't buy a car based solely on one thing IE; it's performance, But the Complete Package. Example I like The B7 RS4's exterior and performance but the interior is horribly dated, So I won't buy one

Also As I also said earlier I get bored easily I've owned a lot of cars over my life time as a result of it or I get rid of a car because I don't like it anymore. It's as simple as that.

Here's another good example both of my computers are Windows 7 because I just don't like Windows 10 and I'll hold out as long as possible regardless of what anyone says

Adios!!!

Last edited by JT9114S; 01-31-2018 at 04:57 AM.
Old 02-29-2016 | 11:16 AM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=JT9114S;4479345][QUOTE=Gpjli;4479331]

"Assumption is The Mother of All Foul Ups" Is a Quote I'm constantly using because someone is making Assumptions about me and or underestimating Me.

Funny but it's not about you. That seems to be your assumption. It's about a different perspective, one shared by myself and many others, on car ownership.

And you should have saved the 'rolleyes' for that insulting 'infomercial' you posted. Gmab.

Old 02-29-2016 | 05:02 PM
gasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond reputegasongasoff has a reputation beyond repute
Amusing video, but since when is Riverside considered part of "Los Angeles?"