997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Best phone mount

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 02:57 PM
SecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant futureSecretAsianMan has a brilliant future
Best phone mount

Any suggestions for a good phone mount for our cars? I have an iPhone 6.

I see some fan vent mounts that look good because they'll be within arms' reach and also won't leave marks on the windshield, but I'm unsure of how they fit our cars.

Old 11-19-2014, 07:07 PM
wc11 has a spectacular aura aboutwc11 has a spectacular aura about
I've used a windshield one for years without issue or marks.
Right under the rear view mirror. Serves multiple purposes.
Hands free, navigation, dash cam app, video and photos for those "fun" drives.

Old 11-20-2014, 12:17 AM
simoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the roughsimoncpw is a jewel in the rough
I'm using a CD slot mount for iPad and it's working great:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...lot-mount.html

I've tried at least 3-4 different phone holders, including one I custom made myself... CD slot mount holder is the best way to go by far. I'll be ordering one for iPhones soon in case I want to swap around the iPad and iPhones.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...ctronics%2C650

Old 11-20-2014, 01:01 AM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
I have one of these, it's absolutely fantastic. Highly recommended
http://nkmos.com/pages/ultima-model-s

Old 11-20-2014, 08:20 AM
StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !StormRune Is a GOD !
I've been really pleased with the mounts at ProClip (see http://www.proclipusa.com/). I've had one of the powered versions for two years and it is rock solid, easy to access, and charges my phone on the fly. I did run a power feed to the fuse box up under the console but that is pretty easy. The wire is nicely tucked away in the gap of the trim and is nearly invisible.

Note that you buy the car mounting part and the phone mount that goes on that separately. I used the upper dash variation and the phone is kept at my fingertips while still out of the way of the steering wheel and does not block the view of the PCM: see http://www.proclipusa.com/dashboard-..._leftorright=0. The partial blocking of the vent has not been a problem.

Last edited by StormRune; 11-20-2014 at 08:40 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:39 AM
Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !Darthvader Is a GOD !
Proclip is really nice.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:46 AM
stavros is infamous around these parts
I really like the CD slot mount since it puts the phone up into view, does not interfere with anything, and won't cause any interior damage. I have the Mountek nGroove for my iPhone 6. I know it won't hold an iPad Mini though.
Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: Electronics Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: Electronics

Old 11-20-2014, 09:03 AM
Scoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura aboutScoper has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Darthvader
Proclip is really nice.
+1, just got mine for my iPhone 6 Plus last week - got the one that mounts at the vent level.

Name:  IMG_8021_zpsc0d57b56.jpg
Views: 9861
Size:  42.9 KB

Old 11-20-2014, 09:33 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Both my wife and I use Kenu Air frame. Pretty minimal and doesn't block windshield or mess up dash board. Plus it conceals the phone better and keeps it out the sun.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:57 AM
martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !martidamm Is a GOD !
+ 1 for pro clips (Brodit) iPhone 6

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-394259048.jpg
Views:	2389
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	408270  
Old 11-24-2014, 09:13 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by nzskater
I have one of these, it's absolutely fantastic. Highly recommended
http://nkmos.com/pages/ultima-model-s
How does it attach to the phone? I like the look of it, but I don't want to buy one if it requires me to put a mounting bracket or attachment point on the back of my iPhone 6.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:38 AM
nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !nzskater Is a GOD !
That's the beauty of it; there's a very sticky pad that will hole anything from a small mobile to an iPad quite comfortably. If it starts to become less sticky (mine hasn't yet) you wipe it with a damp cloth and it's like new again. Works really really well. No additional clips or cases required and sticks to almost any surface.

Originally Posted by Dennis C
How does it attach to the phone? I like the look of it, but I don't want to buy one if it requires me to put a mounting bracket or attachment point on the back of my iPhone 6.

Old 11-25-2014, 01:31 PM
Bruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of lightBruce in Philly is a glorious beacon of light
I did a custom job... real simple and great results.... used the ProClip.

See here: http://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum...r-project.html

Peace
Bruce in Philly

Old 03-26-2015, 06:27 AM
Blue Chip is infamous around these parts
I got one with the clip to hold the phone and a long bendable snake - like 28" or so. I have it run between the passenger seat and console to where it holds the phone perfectly near the gear shift - and its completely removable. It's amazing the versatility of this thing... if you want to mount to the window you can as well
Amazon.com: Dgrock 2 in 1 Universal 60 Cm Clamp Flexible All Size Cell Phone Holder for Home Office or Travel.: Cell Phones & Accessories Amazon.com: Dgrock 2 in 1 Universal 60 Cm Clamp Flexible All Size Cell Phone Holder for Home Office or Travel.: Cell Phones & Accessories

Old 03-27-2015, 08:38 AM
mk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nicemk3boy is just really nice
mountek
they have magnet mount in cd tray or adjustable width holder. I love it

Attached Images