997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

I thought Porsche owners were the jerks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 09:45 PM
ArnGar is infamous around these parts
I thought Porsche owners were the jerks

Okay, am I the only person experiencing jerks because I own a Porsche? I thought all the jokes made it sound like it was the Porsche owners who were the jerks.

Since I got my 997s four weeks ago the following has happened....1.) When I was parked at a shopping center last weekend, I came back to my car only to find that someone had spit on it. 2.) On the freeway the other day I had a guy in a truck look at me and then pass me only to sharply cut me off like he was trying to hit me. 3.) No matter how far away I park with no other cars around me for miles, I come back to find another car parked right next to me so close that I can't even get into my car. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the type of person that hogs more than one parking space when I park or act as if I'm better than the next guy because of what I get to drive. What is the deal !

Anyone have similar stories to share and how did you resolve them.

Old 11-08-2005, 12:03 AM
Banned
vincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to behold
1) If I 'caught' someone spitting on my car their dead
2) Smile, give everyone the peace sign, then bigtime gas it!!
3) Park even farther out, take those extra minutes man

Old 11-08-2005, 01:19 AM
SoCal Alan is infamous around these parts
Even though I drive my 997S to work every day, I don't take my car everywhere. Just to places I know where there are decent people. For example, I rarely take my car to go grocery shopping and never take it to places like Home Depot or Costco...

As far as on the road, since we're both in Orange County, I guess I'm surprised with what you're seeing on the road. I haven't had any memorable encounter in the Orange County area and I've had my 997S for one year now.

What part of Orange County do you drive in?

Old 11-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Doctor K is infamous around these parts
SoCal Alan has the right idea. I never park my car where I don't have visual contact all the time. I have an older Corvette and a Ranger pick-up for daily driving. My wife also has a Toyota Matrix to drive routinely.
Its a shame people don't respect other folks property, but it is reality.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:29 AM
gdctus997 is infamous around these parts
I have noticed that large trucks love to park next to a new Porsche, but I've never experienced anything on the road or in a parking lot that was malicious. Many people, however, sing praise for the car and ask questions.

Old 11-08-2005, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by SoCal Alan
Even though I drive my 997S to work every day, I don't take my car everywhere. Just to places I know where there are decent people. For example, I rarely take my car to go grocery shopping and never take it to places like Home Depot or Costco...

As far as on the road, since we're both in Orange County, I guess I'm surprised with what you're seeing on the road. I haven't had any memorable encounter in the Orange County area and I've had my 997S for one year now.

What part of Orange County do you drive in?

I live in South County. The parking incidents both happened at Fashion Island on the weekend and the driving incident happened on the 405.

I have never taken my car to the grocery store or Costco and never will. I only park it when I'm with the family on the weekends.

Old 11-08-2005, 01:36 PM
Mika_Hakkinen is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ArnGar
I live in South County. The parking incidents both happened at Fashion Island on the weekend and the driving incident happened on the 405.

I have never taken my car to the grocery store or Costco and never will. I only park it when I'm with the family on the weekends.
Man, Fashion Island?? I thought I'd be realatively safe there.

There are so many 100K+ cars running around this area; seems you got really unlucky on those incidents. Sorry to hear about it.

Took the wife to Macy's Facist Island last Thursday evening, found a space in the underground structure right in front of the entrance. While the wife was trying on clothes I must've walked back and look throught those glass doors to check on my car at least 6-8 times.

Old 11-08-2005, 01:53 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
The freeway incident just sounds like So Cal driving

Old 11-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Paul S is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by HotRodGuy
The freeway incident just sounds like So Cal driving
I agree... this stuff happens when I'm in LA, but not LV or SLC..

although the 'hoopties parking next to far-parked nice cars' syndrome is universal. One of life's mysteries.

btw, what is it about hoopties on the freeways in LA and the fast lane? Why do they park there and NEVER move over? God forbid you ever flash 'em they go ballistic

Old 11-08-2005, 05:03 PM
Derf is infamous around these parts
So far I haven't had this happen, though I did get a ding fairly high up on the left side (like above the hip). I am figuring the door of some SUV.

Old 11-08-2005, 05:09 PM
jwa
jwa is infamous around these parts
I avoid any potential problems buy staying in Newport (or other nicer areas), however if I do go into a different area, I usually take a different car. But the only problems I face are older men asking me "Why are you driving dad's car?" so I smile and say that I'm lucky, other than that I just get compliments and I thank them for the positive feedback

Old 11-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Derf
So far I haven't had this happen, though I did get a ding fairly high up on the left side (like above the hip). I am figuring the door of some SUV.
Derf
Have you had the ding repaired and if so where. Did they do a good job. I have a similar situation, but mine was from a rock that got kicked up on the tollroad out here.

Old 11-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Derf is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ArnGar
Derf
Have you had the ding repaired and if so where. Did they do a good job. I have a similar situation, but mine was from a rock that got kicked up on the tollroad out here.
Yes. The guy was recommended by Golden Hammer in West LA. They said they use him for all of their dents/dings and that they've been using him for about 7 years. His name is Marty Jones with Dent-Masters. Mobile: 714-287-5637, pager: 888-520-1462. He will come to you (though he did mine at Golden Hammer). Feel free to tell him that I referred you (Amy with the red 997). Good luck.

Old 11-08-2005, 06:44 PM
nubarjan is infamous around these parts
I took my P-Car to Cape Cod and got dinged at a hotel parking lot.

It was a ding in the rear fender.

IT gets annoying after a while.

Old 11-08-2005, 08:59 PM
FlyingLow is infamous around these parts
I have been driving Porsches for many years and there are two things that have always happened (even when I lived in SoCal)

Idiots that tailgate me on the freeway no matter how fast I'm going, and I mean CLOSE and the people that stop about two inches off my bumper when at a stoplight.

In fact, two idiots in a pickup, in stop and go traffic on the 55 fwy were gunning their engine over and over like they were going to ram me, and laughing their *** off while doing it. I was so pissed that if I had a gun I would have killed them. And BTW they looked the type to not have insurance.

They're all just jealous.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I thought Porsche owners were the jerks